Wild MZ-N707 Hack

Rate this topic

Ok, someone asked for it, don't know who though, but here are all the codes known so far. It's'the same mapscheme from Sam, but now extended with the Nxxx codes:

061 (Func L): SXY

::X::

0,1,2,4,6,8,A,C,E=None (R500,R700,N505,N707)

3=SOUND

5=AU OUT

7=AU OUT+SOUND

9=BEEP

B=BEEP+SOUND

D=AU OUT+BEEP

F=AU OUT+BEEP+SOUND

::Y::

0=None (R500,R700,N505,N707)

1=Nxxx Keychange

2=Katakana Input

3=Katakana Input+Nxxx Keychange

4=F2(Unknown function)

5=F2+Nxxx Keychange

6=F2+Katakana Input

7=F2+Katakana Input+Nxxx Keychange

8=MIC

9=MIC+Nxxx keychange

A=MIC+Katakana Input

B=MIC+Katakana Input+Nxxx keychange

C=F2+MIC

D=F2+MIC+Nxxx keychange

E=F2+MIC+Katakana Input

F=F2+MIC+Katakana Input+Nxxx keychange

062 (Func H): SXY

::X::

0=No MDLP

1=TimeMK+No MDLP (for Rxxx only?) (N505)

2=MDLP (R500,R700)

3=TimeMK

4=PGM+No MDLP

5=PGM+TimeMK+No MDLP (for Rxxx only?) (N707)

6=PGM

7=PGM+TimeMK

It ends here; 8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F are absent.

::Y::

0,2,4,6,8,A,C,E=None (R500,R700,N505,N707)

1,3,5,7,9,B,D,F=MTimer+P.D.M.

/** F2 is still unknown, possibly a keychange too for newer models(e.g. R909 or N1).

* Nxxx do have MDLP, so the No MDLP is for Rxxx only?

*/

I have carried out the hack on my MZ-N707, and it works.

M-timer: ok

pers. disk memory: ok

mic. settings: ok

select. audio output modes: ok

Only I can't find the adjustable playback speed menu, and the auto time mark. Could anyone guide me through it?

Also how to use the pers. disk memory.

Thanks.

With regards to remotes working with the N505, does anyone know the difference between the RM-MC12ELK and the RM-MC12EL? I'm thinking that the EL means electroluminescence and the K means katagana (sp?). Am I correct in assuming this? I emailed Sony parts regarding the RM-MC11EL and the RM-MC12ELK. They have no record of the RM-MC12ELK but they said they had the RM-MC12EL and it's cheaper than the RM-MC11EL. They also said the RM-MC12EL was for the Sony D-EJ2000 CD player. So the question I'm asking is this: Will the RM-MC12EL work perfectly with my N505 (being able to use the speed control, 8 step bass/treble, etc)?

I did the patch and the results are:

M-Timer: OK

Personal Disk Memory: KO

Mic. Settings: NOT TESTED

Select Output Modes: OK

About PDM, I've to say that doing the operation all seems to go right (I mean... Entry OK? and Delete) but swapping MDs no change in the settings are done)

Maybe I'm only dumb...

Any info about MZ-N710 yet? I have check it and the original code is;

061=XXXS20

062=XXXS64

Actually I already try to adjust some code (firmware ver1.2) and my unit become crazy. Luckily I wrote the original code and put it back.

Someone needs to test this on a 1.4

Guest Anonymous

Any info about MZ-N710 yet? I have check it and the original code is;

061=XXXS20

062=XXXS64

Actually I already try to adjust some code (firmware ver1.2) and my unit become crazy. Luckily I wrote the original code and put it back.

just curious, where did you get MZ-N710? Do they sell it in Malaysia already?

hello all, I am new to the forums though I have been reading them for a while.

I have a MZ-N707 with version 1.4 on it. so has anyone tried this hack with that version?

I would like this alarm function, kinda handy.

Also if I do this my buttons are not going to change are they?

Guest Anonymous

Guest, how did you find the version number for your N10?  Did you enter service mode and if so how?

I'll just quote:

Set the "HOLD" switch on. 

While holding down the VOL - key like a SHIFT key, enter the key sequence: 

>>| >>| |<< |<< >>| |<< >>| |<< | | | | 

i.e. FF FF REW REW FF REW FF REW PAUSE PAUSE

Aha, I assumed that since the stick works as both the volume and the ff fw buttons, it could not be done, but you are right. I just lean down on it while pushing it forward and backward and it works:

My N10 is also version 1.1. I bought mine the first week they were available in Tokyo, probably 2 or 3 days after the first units hit the streets, so I suspect 1.1 is the first version released. The unit was actually delayed a few weeks based on the original announcement, so perhaps they found a bug in 1.0 that held up the first shipments. Might be related to the fact that the battery life specs changed between the first press release and the final product release.

Guest Anonymous

Aha, I assumed that since the stick works as both the volume and the ff fw buttons, it could not be done, but you are right.  I just lean down on it while pushing it forward and backward and it works:

I didn't assume anything, I just tried and it worked. By the way, using the "Group" key instead of "Vol -" also works (and probably is better because it is less stressful for the stick)

Guest Anonymous

I just got my n707, all i've really done is taken it out of the box. So when the hack says to enter with the keyboard, how do I do this.. is it just a case of installing the software and hooking up the MD with the USB?

(just wondering, before i go out and get a USB card)

Thanks,

Chris <cjconlan@optushome.com.au>

Guest Anonymous

I just got my n707, all i've really done is taken it out of the box. So when the hack says to enter with the keyboard, how do I do this.. is it just a case of installing the software and hooking up the MD with the USB?

(just wondering, before i go out and get a USB card)

Thanks,

Chris <cjconlan@optushome.com.au>

"keyboard" means controls such as "Pause", "Stop", etc. on the unit itself not on the remote control.

Guest Anonymous

FYI: The hack worked fine on my new N707 with version 1.4 . I've only checked out the audio out and mic sensitivity so far because the other features don't interest me much. I can only assume that they work too. All buttons are functioning fine. I went with the "FC" code on the first variation and 7B on the second. Also, if you set your unit to "line out" and then try increasing the volume while playing something the display will read "line out". This is normal. That's what it's supposed to do so don't freak out! Set it back to "headphone" and the volume control will magically work again!

tongue.gif

Cheers!

Hankomatic

Guest Anonymous

what is the other stuf in service mode? i know if you press vol up you get manual but if from the flashing version number screen if you press play you get "000 p00r00" and some other stuff if you press the ff and rew buttons. what are those?and if you press teh vol down button you get "000 assyff" once again what are they? is there a guide on what all the functions mean? and in audio>au rec "620" you can change the equalization of the line input. what do they do? can you change the equalization of the two s-sel options?

This was on a mz-n505 version 1.200

Maybe we should break these hacks up into seperate posts by unit? ANYWAY... I wanted to know from MZ-N505 users how successful they were, what firmware they had, and what working features were gained both with and without remote and what remote did you use. I would love to gain PDM if possible, so the hack is tempting. ALSO does anyone know of a way on the 505 to make Shuffle Repeat the default play mode? Could this be hacked some how also?

sad.gif i hacked my N707 as soon as they came up witht he hack....i must admit at first i was tight but it seems like after some time some side effects starts to kick in..for instance well this is the only one i have recalled...is where i press the back << or reverse and it tries to track mark the disc.....ever since that's been happening i have to like copy protect my discs.....fine..no prob with that really...but when ur going throught the menues the same thing happens and it's anoying...so what i did was undo the hack...and i'll probably wait till it's hacked flawlessly or try to figure it out myself...if ne one have had this problem plz give a reply to this..not tho that the remote works fine it's just the bottons on the unit well the reverse that is that gives the probs.... :arrow:

sad.gif i hacked my N707 as soon as they came up witht he hack....i must admit at first i was tight but it seems like after some time some side effects starts to kick in..for instance well this is the only one i have recalled...is where i press the back << or reverse and it tries to track mark the disc.....ever since that's been happening i have to like copy protect my discs.....fine..no prob with that really...but when ur going throught the menues the same thing happens and it's anoying...so what i did was undo the hack...and i'll probably wait till it's hacked flawlessly or try to figure it out myself...if ne one have had this problem plz give a reply to this..not tho that the remote works fine it's just the bottons on the unit well the reverse that is that gives the probs.... :arrow:

The keypad is fuxed laugh.gif not the fault of the hack, i don't think so!

Guest Anonymous

yup just for anyone still hesitating, i also did the hack on 707 version 1.4, changing the first one to fe and the second to 7b, works great, no problems, including the speed on the rm-mc10L remote that came with it. hey everyone says its useless but i reckon one thing i might use it for - when u wanna learn how to play a song on piano, guitar, whatever, u can play it in slow-mo to make it easier to figure out or to practice along with it

The trouble with the speed control is that the pitch changes too, so unless you're good at transposing, it has limited uses for learning pieces (if you want to play along). I find the pitch control good for playing along with early music (eg. Baroque) which is often played at lower than modern concert pitch.

I believe the N10 and E10 have fixed pitch speed controls, so it might be worth looking into these models.

I've done the hack with my MZ-N505 (can't remember the firmware version). I got PDM (doesn't work) and it changed BASS to SOUND, and added a timer function.

And I just figured out how to access the 8 band EQ and speed control. For those of you that don't know (I didn't know until 2 minutes ago), to change the bass/treble, hold the SOUND button on the remote and you can change the bass. To change the treble, hold the SOUND button again. To change from changing the settings of SOUND1 and SOUND2, press the SOUND button (without holding it). To change the speed, hold the DISPLAY button to enter the menu, then scroll to SPEED.

Guest Anonymous

i dunno if any of you have noticed this but on the MZN-707, if you look at the remote and where it says SOUND 1 2 if you look abit right next to it you will be able you make out BASS, but its never highlighted. its really hard to see , but have a look