mono to stereo

Rate this topic

evan amos

Guest Anonymous

Have you tried Cool Edit? They have a free version of their software.

If you have the music ONLY in one of the channels?

Then copy this channel to the other. (basic info!)

And if you would like to spread the sound over left-right , try to use a StereoExpander (don´t know if it is one in the Cool Edit) , but if you have for exampel WaveLab (steinberg) there you have this function.

Or you could try to add some (tiny little)stereo chorus (i think it was).

But it will still be in Mono!

Good luck biggrin.gif

This answer is entirely dependent on whatever sound editing program you are using. With a normal single-track editor: copy and paste the exact same info into both the left and right channels. Then use either a plug-in or the program's dsp to add reverb (best) or chorus (too phase-y).

But your best option would be to get a multi-track editor (ProTools free if you run a Mac), mix the mono track slightly off center, and then use some aux inputs to add stereo reverb and mid-range delays.

Anyhoo... if you have a Mac a reccommend downloading ProTools free at www.digidesign.com. This will also work if you are running Win98 on a PC. But a better option on the PC would be SoundForge 6.0 at www.sonicfoundry.com. Their plugins are not too bad.

Hope this helps! I've done this before so let me know how it goes.

Guest Anonymous

The real question here is why is there only sound in one channel? Did you record in stereo mode with a mono mic? Next time, record in mono mode to ensure that the signal is applied to both channels.

As for simulated stereo, I agree that Sound Forge does the trick well enough.