Sony Insider Forums
tmeg

Record from MD to PC: Win NMD Version 1.3

Rate this topic

Hi all, just wondering if any of you using the MZ-N707 have gotten it to work with the Win NMD software. I have had no luck yet, as it gives me an error message saying that either the MD is not connected, or there is no disc in the unit.

thanks for any replies,

- Nick

Guest Anonymous

It tell me to "buy" this program....

I think it's free to use.... I'm a student. I had no job.....

----------------------

What u think.... just mail me....

iwantnowar@hotmail.com :? :?

Guest Anonymous

this will let me record fron an external source and then copy it from my md 2 my pc cause sonic stage wont let me :cry: nice i was looking 4 software that would recognise the tmarks through optics but this would be much better

Ok, maybe this program will help me then.

(I have the NetMD Walkman MZ-S1)

I use this minidisc recorder to record post-game interviews at sporting events, using a microphone plugged into the LINE IN port.

Now, the problem I'm having is transferring the interviews from the minidisc player to my computer (so I can edit them using Sound Forge). I know there is an easier way to transfer the files instead of plugged the MD player into the "mic" port of my computer and recording the LINE IN on Sound Forge.

Can anyone help me on that? Will that program be my best bet?

Another thing that would be nice (which might be a feature on this new program) is the ability to listen to the tracks on the MD while using the NetMD Simple Burner.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Guest Anonymous

I have a Sony MZ N10 NET-MD Player and I want to burn data s to mini discs not music file I mean normal files. Like exe , zip , rar . If anyone know that please help me.

Tsunami: That is impossible and would require a MD data drive and MD data disks.

olujosh: If you want to upload your tracks digitally, you will need a deck with a digital out and a soundcard with a digital in. These decks and soundcards can be found inexpensively on eBay and some retailers. Research on minidisc.org's equipment browser will help you if you venture down this route. Other than that, there is no easier way through your S1 than the method you are currently employing.

Can this application upload to the PC using a USB cable?

If not, then does it send the data exactly as it was stored on the Minidisc or just send the sound and the let the computer figure out the rest?

i.e. if I recorded a wav file on my PC, downloaded it to a minidisc and then uploaded it back to the PC with a different file name, would the two files be identical?

Thanks

Can this application upload to the PC using a USB cable?  

If not, then does it send the data exactly as it was stored on the Minidisc or just send the sound and the let the computer figure out the rest?

i.e. if I recorded a wav file on my PC, downloaded it to a minidisc and then uploaded it back to the PC with a different file name, would the two files be identical?

Thanks

USB transfer is not possible by NetMD :cry:

So my app just makes it more comfortable to record to the PC, and it has some other features, too, like freedb album titling for albums on MD.

The next update (V1.3) will greatly improve on the timing, so the length of the recorded files will be similar to the source music files you transfered from PC to MD. But there will still be a very small offset. One source for this small issue is e.g. with LP4 there is a certain "step size" for the tracks, so it is not possible for the MD to use any song length.

The files will not be identical as WAV files are compressed, so even if you use a NetMD deck with optical out, the sound will differ somewhat. But with optical out and in (e.g. with the JB980) you should get the same music like on MD to the PC, but of course you get this also with any other recording app. (but in other cases you would need to cut and trimm the songs manually or be dependent on gap detection for the audio, which does not work e.g. for live recordings)

I hope this helps a little :idea:

Guest Anonymous

I have bought the new Sharp DR420 Net MD recorder. Everything works out fine. BeatJam, Simpleburner and M3U2SB. (What a great programm by the way...)

Yesterday I found the Win NMD tool and I thougt what the hack I give it a try. I have seen te movie, installed every possible driver I can think of but it does not recognised my MD. sad.gif

It says: MD recorder not connected. System not compatible. Error 6.

E.g. Which version of which software do I need ???

Who can help me out..

P.S. Sorry for my bad English.

I have bought the new Sharp DR420 Net MD recorder. Everything works out fine. BeatJam, Simpleburner and M3U2SB. (What a great programm by the way...)

E.g. Which version of which software do I need ???

I got recently a feedback, that my app needs SonicStage to be installed. I assume, you need OpenMG or SonicStage installed, then perhaps the app will work :!:

P.S. thanks @mooter, nice that you like it biggrin.gif

Guest Anonymous

I'll tell you what I want and you tell me if this program will do it.

I'm looking for a program that will let me import via USB digital music from a 510, 707, or 810. Will this work?

Thanks

Stephen

I'll tell you what I want and you tell me if this program will do it.

I'm looking for a program that will let me import via USB digital music from a 510, 707, or 810. Will this work?

Thanks

Stephen

OK :wink: : This is not possible (not with my app and not with any other).

My app makes it most convenient to (re)record from MD to PC. Besides that is has a number of nice features it can not circumvent Sony's decision not to support that with NetMD. (HiMD improves luckily at that point)

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for your reply. Now I have another question.

What I need this for is recording sessions through a mixer. From there I would like to upload them onto my computer to make CDs. Will the new Minidiscs coming out this spring allow me to upload them since I’m recording from the mic input?

Thanks

Stephen

Thanks for your reply. Now I have another question.

What I need this for is recording sessions through a mixer. From there I would like to upload them onto my computer to make CDs. Will the new Minidiscs coming out this spring allow me to upload them since I’m recording from the mic input?

Thanks

Stephen

With future HiMD you very likely will be able to transfer your recordings from MD to PC, but not the existing recordings, only new ones as stated here in the forum at some place. I don't record regularly so I find it good enough to hear the recordings at least one time again during "transfer", so I personally don't have a strong feeling to update to HiMD immediately :roll:

Best would have been if NetMD allowed us to do this from beginning, but well... :idea:

P.S. current version is now V1.3, not V1.2 any more:

Among other things a new DirectX (V9) based recording mode is included which has a greatly improved accuracy during recording and a sound level meter, making it easy to use a optimal recording level. Also it is now possible to record the songs as one big file and let the app create an CUE sheet, which makes it possible to burn the songs as individual tracks to CD without any gaps or overlapping of the songs.

Guest Anonymous

Hey Guys,

I've recently purchased a MZ-N510 recorder, and I'm looking to do what almost everybody with NetMD is looking to do: move recordings from MD to PC. I downloaded and installed the .net framework, and then installed Win NMD sucessfully, but it gives me an error:

"Your system is not compatible. A connection error was found (error 6)...

All NetMD API Interfaces seem to be present."

I don't have a cable to connect it to my sound card yet. Would that cause the error? From what I can tell, it appears the only output on my player is the headphone output. Does anybody have any experience with this particular model to say if it works well, or if the quality is bad from using the headphone jack. Thanks for all your help.

Tommy

Guest Anonymous

interesting......

so does this program record through the optical port? or can it stream through usb? i'd love to have an alternative to sonicstage/openmg jukebox as i've never got these to do anything reliable.

please please can some programmer write a decent usb to netmd app i'd pay loads. net mds are a really cool idea i'm just flabbergasted at the terrible software!

can someone explain exactly what this software can and can't do?

cheers

jk

interesting......

can someone explain exactly what this software can and can't do? 

Just read through the feature list on my website. It basically makes it possible to record most easily from MD to PC. It uses NetMD to identify the tracks and control the player and records at the PC like some other app. The combination of the two make the recording very convenient, nearly like a "upload", but of course with the normal restrictions as it is just a analog (or digital with NetMD decks) re-recording to the PC in "realtime". You get separate tracks with correct song names and do not have to do much work any more if you found good settings. You just select the tracks to record and after a while they are on the PC :love:

I was very frustrated when I bought my player, as I wanted to transfer my recordings to the PC, so I wrote win nmd in order to make it at least more comfortable. Now I think its OK, I normally listen to the recordings anyhow again, and now it records in the mean time. No more work after that, so everything is fine rolleyes.gif

Some other features like freedb access are included, too.

i've been putting together a setup for my film work. recently i purchased the MZ-N10 in hopes to upload recorded sounds and dialog to sync to my films. of course i was disapointed when i loaded Sony's software. from what i read Audacity may work suit my needs. would something like this: http://europe.hercules.com/showpage.php?p=...4&b=1&f=1#debut , allow me to load sound through the USB instead of the audio in? for better quality capture? any help would be appreciated

A USB Soundcard might give better quality recordings, but this way it does not get magically USB transfer. Anyway I found with a good soundcard I get very good quality on my recordings. If the source was an microphone the quality is anyways not perfect, then no quality difference to MD will be heard at the PC. (with good recording settings :cool:)

thanks, i just got my cables in the mail today and will try to upload tonight. i'm going to use the Audacity software. i was told that i can record too with windows recorder?

Hi there, just wanted to mention that the current Win NMD program doesn't work with the new libraries in SonicStage 2.0. Have you tried using SS2.0 yet, any plans to support it? (Or maybe it's supposed to work, and I just have a hosed install?)