Record from MD to PC: Win NMD Version 1.3

Rate this topic

tmeg

Welcome to MDCF elvis,

I have emailed Chris but noo reply yet and i need to use this app asap.

Can anyone help please

I can't really help with obtaining WinNMD, but if you really urgently need to transfer your recordings to PC, just use (free) Audacity (see the MDCF downloads) as it also works very good (but you have to do more manual labour than with WinNMD)

Volta

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, could someone help me? i can't read all the posts, so

i have a net md walkman mz nf610 type s, so all i want to do

how can i transfer one track from my recordable md (74min) to my pc?

i used the softxware sstage, but i cannot transfer it

could someone help me?

• 4 weeks later...

so what cable do i need and how do i connect my player to my laptop?

do i only need this software and not audacity?

I can track my files on my minidisc so I might try the direct transfer.

you need a 3.5 mm mini stereo plug cable click here and you should plug into your sound card line in -check your laptop coz most of the laptop has no line in only mic in.

You need a recording software. Too many out there some are freeware just search.

• 1 month later...

For all you WinNMD fans (and also for those who are not), I have added simular functionality to the latest version of HIMDRenderer (0.52). http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=12683

Could you possibly give it a go and let me know (in a seperate thread in the HIMDRenderer forum - this IS an WinNMD thread after all) on how you get on.

Oh, this functionality is all in the "MD Recorder" sub-function. Just click the button!

Thanks.

Edited by marcnet

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Get Marcnet's Hi-MDRenderer, which now has the same functionality.

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=12683

Only Hi-MD units and recordings made in Hi-MD formats (PCM, Hi-SP, Hi-LP) can be uploaded digitally. Anything made on a NetMD recorder has to be recorded out of the MD into your computer in real time. WinNmD or Hi-MDRenderer only help automate the process--they don't speed it up.

It would be very helpful for me if I could get a comparision for the functionality of HiMDRenderer and WinNMD for NetMD users. I am satisfied with WinNMD and sent the author the registration fee. However, I would like to eliminate some of the config steps that I go through each time that could be automated, particularly having to us oggdropXPd to convert the wav's to ogg vorbis. Thanks.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I stumbled across this today and thought it would be nice to use with my Hi-MD RH910. Alas, the program does not recognize a Hi-MD disk, or perhaps even a Hi-MD recorder. It seemed to wake up when I plugged in a NE-410. Anyone else using this with a HI-MD recorder?

-Larry

Hi all :D

I want to inform you that I uploaded the new version 1.2 of my app "win nmd". A very innovative new feature is freedb access for titling.

This makes the following possible (usage instructions):

1. record a CD via optical or analog connection from your HiFi CD deck to MD

2. connect the NetMD player to the PC

3. select all songs of the album and choose "Get album info (freedb)" from the context menu.

4. the songs on MD are named after the album information stored in the freedb internet database. (similar to cddb)

(this only works if the track length of the titles on MD are similar to the ones on CD and if you record all tracks of the CD and then select all songs of the album in the app)

The feature list from my website:

* Records and saves a number of individual tracks from MD on the PC as MP3 or WAV file.

* Optionally records a number of MD tracks as one file on the PC.

* Playback control of MD

* Titling and reordering of tracks

* Copy a list of the MiniDisc contents to the clipboard

* "freedb"-access, get title information for CD albums that are on MD

* Super easy titling in Japanese/Chinese, automatic code page conversion

* Languages: Chinese/German/English

I hope you like this new version.

Chris

Edited by Larry L

I stumbled across this today and thought it would be nice to use with my Hi-MD RH910. Alas, the program does not recognize a Hi-MD disk, or perhaps even a Hi-MD recorder. It seemed to wake up when I plugged in a NE-410. Anyone else using this with a HI-MD recorder?

-Larry

this program is essentially obsolete when using a Hi-MD... You can just upload via SonicStage.

Thank you. I'm hopeful I can bypass Sonic Stage someday to pull the live recordings off my MD without worrying how much I checked in or out.

-Larry

Larry, welcome to the forums btw - if you are using Hi-MD for recording together with the latest version of Sonic stage you can upload as many times as you like.

You may want to have a look at this thread:

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=7070

If you are determined to do it in realtime, Marcnet's Hi-MD Renderer has all the functions of WinNetMD under its MD Recorder function. You still need SonicStage intalled, however.

But really, get a stable version of SonicStage (like 3.4 or 4.2) and upload all you want.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You need a NetMD unit, one with a USB port. You need to connect the USB AND a miniplug to miniplug cord from headphone out to your computer's line-in. And you will be recording in real time.

The MD Recorder function does not upload MD recordings as computer files. It tells SonicStage to play back the songs one at a time, starts a recording program and opens a new file for each song. Just like WinNMD.

The only way to upload audio files from regular MD faster than real time recording is with the MZ-RH1.

• 8 months later...

You need a NetMD unit, one with a USB port. You need to connect the USB AND a miniplug to miniplug cord from headphone out to your computer's line-in. And you will be recording in real time.

The MD Recorder function does not upload MD recordings as computer files. It tells SonicStage to play back the songs one at a time, starts a recording program and opens a new file for each song. Just like WinNMD.

The only way to upload audio files from regular MD faster than real time recording is with the MZ-RH1.

Hello ,

Trying to get the MD recorder function to work from Hi-MD Renderer , but it doesn't make any output file.

It seems to record well , but no processor working i see , and after the track is played (recorded) it tells me the file is succesfully saved as ...

But , NO file founded yet , and I know how a computer works btw , so I even tried the search function for new files , but none made.

Is there any dll or so needed to be placed in the "system32" folder , or do I have to do something with SonicStage I'm not aware of ?

Or doesn't it work at all with NetMD discs ??

It seems I have to buy Winnmd , or is there any solution for this.

Oh , btw : I want to 'upload' files from my MD to the PC .

Thanks , Kuoi

Many thanks in advance, Kuoi

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Has anyone tried this combination successfully?

I have a laptop with no line-in, only mic input. When I connect my MZ-N1 to the computer using line-out and mic input and use Win nmd to transfer from MD to PC, the result is terrible - noisy, hissy, not acceptable at all. I was wondering, if I used the iMic, which bypasses the soundcard and connects to the USB, the resulting recording would be much improved?

Does anyone know if Win nmd will recognize the iMic as an audio input?

Perhaps Christian Klukas can shed some light.

thanks

Mitch

i think some are not suitable for pc<_<

rapid blog share

• 1 year later...

Hello (if anyone is still reading this thread!)

I want to convert some of my MD tracks to MP3 and so I downloaded the Sony tool only to realise that

I had no way of getting the ATRAC files onto the PC! So, I downloaded Win NMD but, in spite of having loaded all

the prerequisites (.net and ,directX, latest Sonic Stage) the system test still report incompatibility.

(I am using XP SP2 and SP3 on another PC).

All I can think of is:

Win NMD is not recognising my MD system(s) or

It does not like my internet connection

Any suggestions?

Does the internet have to be connected for it to work?

I have tried an net MD "bookshelf" Stereo system and a couple of NetMD portables.

But nothing sems to improve the failure.