MZ N707 I can't transfer anymore... blocked at 9%???

Rate this topic

MGauroy

So, I've already read the previous topics about that but I'd like to know more opinions.

I can't transfer anymore my mp3s. It's blocked when I transfer the 1st one at 9%. I've changed the MD, a brand new but it doesn't work.

Help me!

Matt

NB: I'm not sure if I change the software, it should be okay but maybe I can try, where can I download some softwares & what's the best with my MD?

It sounds like you've run into the exact same problem I have with my MZ-N505. I can't seem to transfer any songs onto my MD, using Simple Burner, OpenMG Jukebox, even Real One. I've tried brand new MDs with still no luck. Mine always dies at around 50% of the first track that it tries to copy. I've tried uninstalling drivers and software and reinstalling them to no avail. Anyone have any ideas? This is extremely frustrating and I'm wondering whether my unit is faulty at all (although doubtful). I'm going to hopefully try it out on a friend's computer and see what happens.

Guest Anonymous

There was a post on the SonyStyle Community boards that seems to give a solution to the 9% problem.

written by sas-seb:

I found for you the solution: go on your HDD in "C:Program FilesShared FilesSony SharedOpenMG" and copy and replace in this directory the files stored on the directory "restorable" (where two files stayed "icv.dat" and "maclist.dat").

There was a follow-up post by solid-squealer that said:

i felt it neccessary to post this to show people two things...

1. this is not the same file path for everyone ie. it was common files for me. the best thing to do is search files and folders for sony shared and then take sas-seb's method from there.

2. this also fixes the openmg "stops converting checked-out songs at 9% problem" that many people have so do this and it kills two crappy sony problems that they cant figure themselves with one stone and after hours of searching i can get back to downloading millions of albums and other tunes for free and recording them to MD yay!  

thanks again sas-seb

So it seems sas-seb's solution worked. I have not had this problem myself, so I can't say first hand if it does indeed work.

Good luck. Let us all know if it does.

Thanks to everybody but I couldn't find the directory "restorable".

I found the 2 files in common files (icv.dat &maclist.dat) like others but in openMG directory & I should copy into it but they have already there. I tried to move out & to copy again but nothing happened. So I don't know what to do...

Where is the restorable directory?

Okay, thanks for the next replies.

Matt

Thank you very much Jonah!!!

That file replacement did the trick! I can't believe I spent like 5 days of sheer frustration trying to figure out this stupid thing. Even with me uinstalling, reinstalling, and all that, it wasn't working. Then I copied those files over and now everything seems to be alright.

MGauroy, if you're using Windows XP Pro (that's what I'm running anyway...don't know if it's OS specific), it may be in the directory c:program filescommon filessony sharedopenmgrestorable. Just copy the two .dat files in that directory to the one above it (c:program filescommon filessony sharedopenmg). Good luck!

Thanks again.

So, I'm running with Windows XP Pro. I've got the directory openmg from common files but not restorable. In openmg directory, i've got:

checkout,

ekb,

EMDKEY (with subfolders)

HotFixes (idem)

LPTemp (idem, subfolders again)

OMGKEY

procfile (idem)

upadater

+ I run this one today but I don't know exactly why the vefirication program couldn't connect to Internet Ojbsir.exe. I'm gonna to find out...

But anyway, if u have any more ideas, it would be so useful

Thanx again

Matt

sad.gifI'm back!

I couldn't connect to Internet to use Ojbsir.exe

They said:

"PLease confirm Internet explorer proxy server settings if your are connecting through a LAN"

I don't know what to do... I've got a modem K56.

Anyway, I'm still lookin' for answers, clues, etc... anything to resolve that.

I repeat I can't find the restorable directory & I have in common files/sony shared/openmg: icv.dat & maclist.dat & also maclist1.dat.

Thanx a lot

Help me

Matt

Hey Everyone,

First, thanks to Michael who sent me the 2 files but unfortunately I couldn't use them.

Before, I received these files, I had uninstalled & reinstalled my software & now I can't remove OpenMG Jukebox 2.2. Therefore, I don't know what to do cuz I have some messages which told me the software is removed but it doesn't dissapear in the directory add or remove soft ??? Do u know exactly which files do I need to erase in windows cuz there's nothin left in program files. I think just a small files block everything...

+ I tried to remove manually & nothin' happened except now I have got 3 more GB ??? I don't understand why, it was something whith the Sony Corporation directory...

+ I had to reinstall RealOne... 2 days ago, I couln't open anymore Real One but it's ok now, I'm sure it was something caused by OpenMG

OK, if u have more ideas but I think now I have to format...

Tell me if I'm wrong but if I want to use RealOne I have to install Open MG, there's no soft at the moment who can tansfer my music without Open MG ???

OK, thanks in advance

Matt

hi,

from add or remove program, uninstall everything from netmd, sony corporation and opengm.

Then, download a program called regcleaner and try with this to delete all the entries in the windows registry.

Sure, when you delete all the registry entries and try to install everything again, windows won't say again that you have already the soft installed.

Well, now my case.

I try how openmg works, this is very unstable. Now i have installed the sonicstage program from my-m¡nidisc.de and i fell my computer slower with both installed and lots of entries at registry...so i supose i will format the computer and install the netmd soft the first and only one of them. but which one?

I feel sonicstage better than openmg, is that true?....and one question, from the zip file of my-minidisc.de i see several system directories like document and settings and program file...also de device driver and the sonicstage...but in every directory exist and exe file...so which exe must i execute to install everything completly.

the driver of that zip file works with the new md mzn-10?

i hope to help you, and i hope that some one helps me.

see you.

bigman_n10

My treasure:

sony MZN-10

sony MZR-30

when i say

"Then, download a program called regcleaner and try with this to delete all the entries in the windows registry."

I mean only the entries in the registry that talk about sony corporation, netmd, opengm.

nothing else

bye

bigman_n10

My treasure:

sony MZN-10

sony MZR-30

Hey Everyone,

It works!!! OpenMG looks stable now but I'll use Real One now.

I downloaded RegCleaner & used it & then installed again OpenMG & it's ok, the only thing is even with this new installation I don't have a restorable directory but it works so doesn't care.

Thanx a lot to Michael & Bigman!!! U're Genius biggrin.gif

Cheers,

Matt from Australia

NB: last question, when I had my trouble with OpenMG, Disk Cleanup didn't work anymore as well, it blocks around the middle... I'm not sure that it was caused by OpenMG but anyway do u know how can I do somethin' about that... reinstall but how, etc...? Thanks! I know if off topics. Sorry about that.

• 4 weeks later...