How to listen to .omg with Winamp/WMP

Rate this topic

Start > Run:

REGSVR32.EXE C:PROGRA~1COMMON~1SONYSH~1OpenMGomgdec.ax

(Change it to your own path of C:Program FilesCommon FilesSony SharedOpenMGomgdec.ax)

Now WMP should be able to playback them 8)

To play .omg with winamp (through wmp), get this plug-in:

http://classic.winamp.com/plugins/detail.j...ponentId=109518

Then go to winamp settings: Option > Default extension of unknown files types: avi

Should do the trick biggrin.gif (A small window will stays open :roll: and the EQ/Visualisation doesn't work) laugh.gif

Original post: http://www.minidisct.com/forum/showthread....=&threadid=9830

How do you change the extension of unknown types? It isn't under options, and I might be blind but I can't find it under the preferences. I have winamp 2.81.

Also, what is supposed to happen when you run that file path? It is the same on my comp as yours and it said it succeded...or something.

If this works, you are the man. Is there anyway you can make a winamp plugin to do this operation automatically?

How do you change the extension of unknown types?  It isn't under options, and I might be blind but I can't find it under the preferences.  I have winamp 2.81.

Also, what is supposed to happen when you run that file path? It is the same on my comp as yours and it said it succeded...or something.

If this works, you are the man.  Is there anyway you can make a winamp plugin to do this operation automatically?

It's under Winamp Preference -> Options ->

Default extention for unknown file types: [mp3] (by default, near the bottom)

And the "file path" is to register a DS (directshow) filter

for example, the video decoder for divx is divx.ax, once it's registered, any media player who are based on directshow will be able to decode the encrypted file via omgdec.ax biggrin.gif