Software Alternatives

Rate this topic

PigeonHead

I'm looking for some alternatives for PC to MD USB transfer. OpenMG doesn't work, and neither does any other SONY software. At the moment I use RealONE player with the SONY device plugin and also WinNMD to edit the names of the tracks.

I would like an all in one program which supports USB transfer and LP4. Although I like RealONE player, I would rather have a sperate program for my MiniDisc.

Thanx.

PigeonHead.

Im still trying to figure out how the netmd encryption sytem works... I havnt had much time (or luck) recently...

After I figure that out (or someone does it for me.... smile.gif )then Ill release some netmd somewhere that does everything that everyone has been asking for such as more file formats, volume adjusting & normilising, SP encoding (possibly - Ill need a seperate ATRAC 1 encoder to do this....)

It takes time, it involves using at least three different programs, it is harder on your comp's cpu because of all the encoding involved (original format to cda then to atrac3), and although simple burner is waaaaaay better than the other programs, it is still (at least on my comp) more buggy than the average program. The user interface isn't very flexible, you have to encode every single time, no SP mode, and so on. Marcnet, if you manage to create some sort of program that is non-sucky, you will seriously quickly become my favorite person, especially if you can do SP mode transfers and omg files without the checking in/out.