NWZ-X1060 wishlist feature?

Rate this question

mr.el

Question

on the X series music screen, when you go on the option menu for the song(which gives you the normal options like detailed info, play mode, playback range, equalizer etc.) there is a final option: 'Add to wishlist'

anyone know what this is about?

it doesn't mention anything about it anywhere in the manual, or on any media bumf i've seen.

interesting to see if other people have noticed ;)

5 answers to this question

On page 45 of the manual I have under the heading "Using the Music Option Menu" it states regarding the wishlist function: "Adds the song to the wish list to purchase it from the service on the corresponding software./Removes the song from the wish list." But I have no idea what corresponding software it is talking about???

Another weird thing I noticed was that on the outside of my box it has a picture depicting a transfer of music directly to the player from a stereo stating that recording is possible directly to the player. But it states nothing of that in the manual and certainly when I plug in the relevant connection from a stereo etc, recording is not available.

@bob123.

yeah it does seem a little odd.

it strikes me as something that they put in and didn't finish, makes it feel a bit half done:S

still, maybe sony are to put up a firmware update? (we can only hope:P)

despite them posting that massive loss this quarter.

hmm

I would be shocked if Sony added extra features or improvements via a firmware upgrade. Far as I know they have never done that. It's a shame because it is a nice way to reward owners. They should really look at changing their approach some time soon. I always feel very jeolous of cowan device owners etc when they receive nice improvements from firmware upgrades.

Things I really want to see via firmware update if possible, is to make the internet connectivity more easier to get rid of that horrid mobile phone-style numeric keypad and maybe gapless playback. Otherwise the Walkman is fine to me, I do look forward to the next X-series in the future that may have Symbian OS on it, perhaps then Sony can hit this PMP applications market with that.