MZ-R700 wont RECORD...says "PROTECTED" but discs a

Rate this topic

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

just a real bummer.

it plays fine but now whenever i try to record something it says "protected" as if my discs are write protected but unfortunately they are not.

any help would be great

thanks

john

Guest Anonymous

by the way if anyone knows for sure that this is a pretty sure sign that the recorder part is dead and can let me know that would be fine too...

the worst part isnt finding out ur gear is screwed...the worst part is spending cash trying to have it fixed when it cant be or will cost more than buying a new set uo smile.gif

i recon the thing that pokes into the hole to see whether the disc is protected or not has broken off so it will see all discs as protected. It shouldn't be difficult for someone technically competant to bodge up with some glue, if you stick it so that it thinks all discs are unprotected...

Try it and see.

Good luck

• 4 months later...
Guest Anonymous

I have the same problem with my MZ-G750, I originally thought that this was a software problem but trying all sorts of tests I still can't get it to work.

Has anyone out there found a solution for this problem? :cry:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Same problem with my MZ-R90. The worst part is, I managed to dub one CD - one! - and now it's seeing even that MD as "protected". I checked that record sensor stick thing, and it isn't broken off. What's the deal?!!!