Sony Insider Forums
Sign in to follow this  
R.V.

MDS-JE510 No sound???

Rate this topic

I got the MDS-JE510 2nd hand and it's not conveying sound through the rca jacks, or the headphone jack. Was wondering if anybody has access to diagrams of it's insides, I think there's a cable issue but I'd like to be sure before I try to take care of it. Thanks for any help on this.

I got the MDS-JE510 2nd hand and it's not conveying sound through the rca jacks, or the headphone jack. Was wondering if anybody has access to diagrams of it's insides, I think there's a cable issue but I'd like to be sure before I try to take care of it. Thanks for any help on this.

Hi there, I realize you placed this message a few years ago - but I'm in the exact same dilemma with my 2nd hand MDS-JE510. Were you able to fix it? If so, how? Thank you!

see if the level meters on the front of the deck move when the disc is playing. if not thats why there is no sound out. the disk must be recorded in sp mode! you could also try the digital output and see if it works. but i bet you are using the wrong type of disk.