State of the forum(s) + changelog

Christopher

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Made another style change, this time pertaining to the buttons underneath the banner. I'm still contemplating on how I want this to look, so if things change around a bit up there bear with me. I think you guys are used to me tweaking this forum obsessively, anyways.

Tonight, I am also going to integrate a new look to the tables that will have a fade effect. This will effect the post listings, forum listings and others. Hopefully, if all goes well, that will be the final action I take for this template.

I've been working modding a template so we can have another choice for users here, and I'll go ahead and show you a preview:

http://demo.phpbbstyles.com/index.php?style=27

[obviously the server is not of my own, but this is what the new template will look like, with a few modifications of course :happy:]

Do you guys like that style?

hmm....well i noticed there's no Statistics button.. ne who..

i checked it out..white n blue it looks nice..but only prob is that i spend most of my time here at nights...n i got a crt monitor with an antiglare screen...it works ok but constantly viewing the white i'm not sure..cuz sometimes even when i'm on Melyssa Ford's forum it bugs me... overall look is K okay .. love the icons and i hope with this we'll b getting better smilies...n most importantly.. speed Kurisu SPEED.. i mean for the whole day i've been on n off n at first i thought it was my connection but i guess not..it's the forums it was slow...let's hope the new look won't affect the speed.... but keep doing ur thing :cool:

Forums are actually not as bad as they used to be, it's really dependant on the connection and the server that minidisc.org uses - it's pretty outdated and old. We'll be upgrading eventually [hopefully], and one definite way to speed this process is through affiliate sales.

Statistics are at the bottom of the page now, you can't miss it.

btw - the default skin wouldn't be the blue one, it'd still be this one. I think this template is the best for the eyes and it'll be a long time before it's something else as default. You could have the choice of using the blue, as it won't be default. :happy:

kool........

haha tell me about used to b ..that's one of the reasons y i didn't paticipate much earlier on.. always had issues posting still got issues posting in the T-Board LOL can u believe i joined that b4 i joined this n i've probably never posted nething cuz i can't haha @ me ne who...u said i could have the choice of using blue altho it won't b default.. that option would b available through me editing my profile??? u know like with MSN how u could chose the color u want ur profile to appear in..

something like that???

I forgot to mention - I added some avatars to the avatar gallery. :happy:

I'll add some more in a little while.

Anyway, I've noticed the forums get pretty slow around 2 - maybe 6ish pm [EST]. We're on a shared server with minidisc.org, and the hit increase these days are higher than ever. It's nicer to surf this forum in the afterhours, methinks..

I cleaned up the code last night by comparing our files to stock phpbb files. In the process, I found some more leftover code from previous modifications that I had forgotten to uninstall. Unforunately whilst doing so, I accidentally deleted a critical line of code relevant to posting. All posting functions were disabled for a good twelve hours, but it is now 100% functional and I apologize for the error.

Please press refresh for the latest graphics changes. It's a very small change but I feel it gives the board a very mature look. This is the FINAL version of this template, and I may even go as far as releasing it to others. It's pretty damn functional. Anyway, Morpheus [the blue theme I mentioned earlier] is less than a week away. :happy:

I've got a template editing problem..err..addiction. I changed the forum images on the index of the forums as I never liked the ones we were employing in the first place.

I noticed lol... I refreshed the page a few times in the index and the new posts/no new posts icons kept changing on me... :wacky: