State of the forum(s) + changelog

Christopher

I won't reply, but just know that my summations were an intelligent way of saying, "I am sick of phpBB."

Had you simply said that, everything would have been fine... smile.gif

Ok, enough of that.

Regardless, the forum has been converted from phpBB to Invision Power Board 2.0.3.[...] I am very excited about how smooth the transition was, and I hope that with a little time we'll all come to love this place as we did the last version of the Minidisc Community Forums.

I'm wondering myself, even the Magic Wand in Opera recognized it and filled in the right data.

Things are still in a massive beta at the moment, so please report any bugs. I see one already jadeclaw - it has to do with your avatar. I will look into why that occured.

Simple, the Avatar is 140(W) by 45(H) pixels, the html delivered contains a browser rescale to 150 by 150 pixels. Since you have to edit the templates anyway to get the Sosumi-skin back, you can throw that resizer out as well.

On the other paw, I like the default color combination, nice bright and friendly, like a sunny day in a ski resort... biggrin.gif

Updates to the forum and templates will come gradually. Bear with me whilst I move in. smile.gif

Sure, we're patient. Work at your pace, while we keep babbling away...

EDIT: Avatar is now ok,

For the rest out there: MyControls --> Edit Avatar Settings --> Update Avatar --> Enter the size in the Width and Height boxes and click on Update Avatar again.

Now your Avatar should look normal again.

Oh, and I found a good place for the Goooooogle Ads: The interstitial, that comes after editing/submitting posts and other information.

Edited by jadeclaw

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely. Or as a friend said: Davon kriegt man ja Augenkrebs!. (You get eye cancer from that!)

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Of which, I'm reminded of this:

user posted image

"My Eyes! The Goggles, they do nothing!"

Other than the missing smilies and aforementioned e-mail bug (I tried using the same e-mail, won't get rid of those warnings), everything looks good!

Off the cuff question: How skinable are the Invision boards?

Oh, and I found a good place for the Goooooogle Ads: The interstitial, that comes after editing/submitting posts and other information.

Good idea. Don't be surprised if this occurs.

Off the cuff question: How skinable are the Invision boards?

Depends on the version. This is the latest version of Invision, and unfortunately, most of the community is still stuck with v1.3 [probably because it's free]. I have looked at the few skins out there, but it's obvious it will take some time before they are abundant. A skin I have been heavily interested in is:

http://www.rooq.net/rq.v2/index.php?option...&id=19&Itemid=2

..but I've been talking to the author hoping he could make it a little more blue, to keep with minidisc.org. We'll see. There's still about a million things I need to tweak and alter here, and then we've got a server migration coming up.

Oy.

• 2 weeks later...

I put in a new logo for the main theme; refresh/reload if necessary. Yes, I'm still on vacation but I got impatient with my image designer. tongue.gif

Nonetheless, we also reached a new maximum amount of users on at the same time - 549. What the hell? I just can't believe that, but it's true and it's really overwhelming for me. I just can't thank you guys enough for sticking around here and making this the place that it is.

I'll be back on duty in a few days..

I'd just like to say that everything looks a whole lot better than it did before the new year. More users, nicer looking skins, faster server, will all attract more users and the Google search result for Mini Disc Forums is exellent as well!

Looks like a good year for everything concerning MD's! biggrin.gif YAY!

i think your server is going to explode, i waited for 10 mins trying to connect, that was just to minidisc.org, then another 7 mins and 6 attempts later i finnally got here. i dont think this server is liking all the new members/guests we have been getting

Edited by skmetal07

Yeh. This web site was done for basically the whole of today for me. I come to the site, and it says, the Admin has blocked you access to this page.... I coulnd't go anywhere sad.gif

Thankfully it has all fixed itself now.

Can the new Rooq skin please by put back in tongue.gif I really hate this 'default' skin tongue.gif

The technical support forum no longer exists, and has been renamed to Software Support/FAQ's. All Sonicstage, Simple Burner and etc related issues will reside in that forum ONLY and nowhere else. This is something I should've done months ago as it's really put a new focus on the overall functionality of the forum. All other issues related to units can go in the forum that is relevant to it's type -

i.e.

- "My NH900 remote is displaying 666 and won't stop sputtering blood." That goes in Hi-MD forum.

- "My MZ-R700 keeps saying NV ERROR. WTFBBQ do I do?" That goes in the NetMD/MDLP forum.

..and so forth. I believe this major move will reveal it's success in the coming weeks.

Rest in Peace, Technical Support.

Okay, I will be working on the way the forum facilitates search engine spiders for the next few days. Because of my tweaking, you can now see most of the major search engine spiders in the "Who's Online" list at the bottom of the index. I'm hoping that I've correctly identified Sony's bots, but time will tell I suppose.

nice one bland.

esp. nice one kurisu. how much was the new server in the end?

also i'm getting page loads 4-5x the speed of the old server. now the bottle neck is 50 something tabs all loading at once.

i think i've asked before but i don't recall the answer. is it posible for poll results not to count as a new post? as i understand it a new vote on a poll counts as a new post even if no additional text is added. i find polls created on the whim of a bored user detracts from my level of enjoyment. cynical & irritable? yes

Glad y'all like the new digs. Anyway, yes atrain, I will look into it. Geez, whine whine whine, bloody twits.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Just wanted to throw some things up in the air. Gallery, a possible blogging system and live recording storage could be coming sometime in March. With 160gb's of storage [well, I won't get all of that tongue.gif], there is some flexibility. The speed of the new server is swell as well..

Additionally, I wanted to comment on what seems to be a lesser amount of people at the forums in "Who's online". I've seen drops as low as 40 or more then the average 100. The reason for that is because the new server can actually process hits effectively, whereas 100 people on at the same time made it near bottleneck with the old server. The daily hit counts today, the first full day of the new server, are the highest they have ever been [30k uniques].

Guest tony wong

Decreased the font size for the main index by one, and also created the subforums "Hi-MD", "User Opinions of MD" and "'phones" [everything headphone/earphone/etc goes there biggrin.gif].

maybe that forum should have changed its name to something else like "headphones" ?

I thought it is for something like mobile

and I do think many other people will think so rolleyes.gif

as it is in the "other stuff" part...... rolleyes.gif