SI: New Tiny Sony Laptop Appears On FCC

Rate this question

Christopher

Question

netbook-450x333.png

According to new reports filed at the FCC, there is a new Sony laptop that will arrive soon. I’m a little sad I wasn’t able to break it like we did with the TT series, but I will try to tap my sources and see whats going on. The PCG-1P1L and PCG-1P2L, pictured above, debuted on the FCC today and are very curious. A picture, some wifi details and a label appeared, but the User Manual and Photos have been requested as confidential. Bluetooth, 802.11b/g/n WiFi, EVDO, and HSPA are all on board (as usual, would we expect anything less?). engadget noticed that the label size is 128mm, which means that this device is probably “9.5 x 4.5-inches making this netbook even smaller than the 10.3 x 6.56-inch HP mini 1000.” I’ve looked across some various forum chatter and found an interesting discussion regarding this topic at Notebook Review and the brilliant Rahul has delivered some rather interesting points:

It has similar form factor “to their Picturebook series which lasted from 1998 to 2002 before being replaced by the T series.”:

np_c1_1-450x337.jpg

Obviously, this new Netbook from Sony will look much more modern and probably in line with the TT series with the glow green light of awesomeness. Here is a sample label as well:

label-450x138.png

PCG-1P1L FCC Filing

- Index/Exhibits List

- PDF: Label Information (includes photo of bottom)

PCG-1P2L FCC Filing

- Index/Exhibits List

- PDF: Bluetooth/Wireless Testing

Who wants to guess on what processor speed and specs will be?

View the full article

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet