minidisc ac adapter

Rate this topic

diloretta

I bought a used Sharp md-ms 722 recorder/player and it works fine. I am not too sure about the ac adapter that came with it. My rechargeable battery will soon need to be charged and when I connect the adapter to it - nothing happens. Assuming that the adapter is not working - can I attach a different ac adapter to it - as I have adapters that came with all other kinds of products. Are all ac adapters alike? or do I have to have a special one just for a minidisc recorder?

All AC adapters are not alike. First, the plug has to match the jack on the unit, and second, the voltage coming through the adapter has to be the same.

Here's the link to the Sharp user manual, which you may find useful for other things, too.

http://www.minidisc.org/manuals/sharp_mdms...s722_manual.pdf

According to the manual, the Sharp MD-MS722 adapter puts out 5V DC. So you'll need to find an adapter with that voltage. If you have other AC adapters around, one may work, but you'll have to check it. The voltage should be shown on the the adapter somewhere.