MDR-D22SL vs MDR-G73SP

Rate this topic

Zbigas

Could you suggest me what headphones should I buy?

Sony MDR-D22SL

http://www.audiocubes.com/product_info.php...f94491229378280

or

Sony MDR-G73SP

http://www.audiocubes.com/product_info.php...f94491229378280

Tech specs are very similar. Both of them are stylish and have excellent portability (as I've seen in photos), but I don't know if the MDR-D22SL wouldn't be too big, and if the sound wouldn't be leaking from MDR-G73SP, as it does from my current neckband headphones, PHILIPS SBC HS381. And I don't know which ones sound better... I want to buy a new headphones for my MZ-N505, which I use mostly in school and street. So, if you can, please give me an advice. Thanks. :ninja:

I would go with the D22's myself. My girlfriend seems quite content with them, and they seem to be a good "middle-class' headphone. There is another headphone in the eggo range that is much more popular though, and that's the MDR-D66. I own that, and the differences [comfort and sound wise] make the D22's seem like a waste of time. I believe that you'll be quite content with the D22's, regardless.

Thanks for your answer, kurisu. Yeah I've noticed MDR-D66 earlier, and their specifications are realy nice, however, they cost twice as much as D22 sad.gif

I was wondering maybe there is a "middle" between those models, something like D33 or D55, but I found only a little about those on the Internet, and i believe that they're already discontinued or out of stock... sad.gif

Hmmm.. I think I would go with MDR-D22 smile.gif

Yeah as a general rule it seems that Eggos simply destroy "Street Style" (the ones with the "G" in the latter part of the model number) headphones... I've had little experience with the Street Styles and they aren't anything great. Haven't actually used a pair of Eggos but from what everyone says about them, the Street Styles aren't even a comparison. Street Styles are simply terrible...