Christopher

The Forum Now Has 70,000 Registered Users!

221 posts in this topic

OLD:

Congratulations, board! You now have 3,000 registered users. It only seems like yesterday when I first joined here and the forums were seemingly dead. Things have definitely turned around, and I'm glad that our user registrations are the highest they've ever been each month in a row! Also, congrats drwtsn32, you were the 3,000 user. I don't really have anything I could give you, but thanks for joining the forums - and that goes to everyone! :happy:

i think marcnet had something to do with it rolleyes.gif :happy:

Thanks to Chris for keeping the place going, and helping keep the format alive. And to the many well informed and helpful contributors - including of course Marc but many others. :smile:

Five thousand now. Good god man, whomever says the MD format is dying needs to get real. :rasp:

This is great. I hope tha teveryone is enjoying the place. Thanks Kurisu for working so hard on the forums.

according to my calculations we should have ~6,000 in the next 2 months, if that is, these 'significant improvements' kurisu is talking about are as good as he says... :spite: :whistle:

Actually, we got there about 16 days earlier than your projection, skmetal. wink.gif Congrats to chiara.feli, our 6,000th registered and confirmed user.

growing fast. i intend to stay here for a while. Ever thought of installing an arcade?

I would, but the server's hardware is not ready for that yet. Perhaps when we do a server upgrade..

Congrats to leaf, our 7,000th registered and confirmed user.

Ahahah this is awesome!

Well done all Admin/Moderators of this FANTASIC forum!

Have you ever thought, and I don't know if this is really possible, but contacting Sony, and other MD Retailers, and letting them know about this forum, and asking them to inform new MD customers of this place, and say that if they have any questions, they can come here and no doubt get them answered professionally and quickly.

Any maybe say... if you contribute a little to this place, as in monetary rewards, then we (MD forum) would be happy to assist? tongue.gif

Just a thought

Mein gott! We are witnessing this past few months an exponential growth of new users.

A warm welcome to all new user!

Any maybe say... if you contribute a little to this place, as in monetary rewards, then we (MD forum) would be happy to assist? tongue.gif

You seem to be joking, but I do think it's important that this forum NOT take any $$ from Sony. That way people will know that whatever praise or criticism we offer is genuine.

You seem to be joking, but I do think it's important that this forum NOT take any $$ from Sony. That way people will know that whatever praise or criticism we offer is genuine.

Well I was just thinking that if this Forum needed some financial assistance to keep it all up and running, then maybe this would help? I don't know how this Forum is going, but it was just a consideration...

But I do agree with your point that we should offer non-biased comments.

1. The people asking the questions wouldn't know we were getting some financial assistance from whoever gave it to us... and

2. Even if Sony did pay us a little to assist them, we shouldn't change our views all of a sudden just to make Sony look good.

If we just kept doing what we are doing, then that is fine. I wouldn’t go “Oh that is a great product! Best out there” If it wasn’t, just so we could get paid by a company….

Hope that all makes sense

But what I am trying to say, is that if I ran a electronic store or something like that... and I was a large store, and was informed that there was a well established Internet Forum, happy to help anyone in need, then I would really consider giving them some money in return of their help, so that we wouldn't have customers coming back with questions that my staff most probably wouldn't know the answer to...

Thanks for the kind words - one thousand people in such a short time is a true accomplishment indeed.

I have considered asking Sony if they wish to advertise here, and if they wanted to I probably wouldn't stop them. I've had people already confront me and ask if this is a Sony-run forum, and it's not and never has been. Would placign their ads change that statement? No - I wouldn't hold any bias and report things just the same.

As for financial assistance, don't worry about that - we're fine. If any of you wish to contribute to the forum and get benefits [espesically for the gallery], feel free.

Hey, I'm the 5,000th member. Woo Hoo! Go MDCF! biggrin.gif

It took less than 20 days since our 7,000th registration to reach our 8,000th ohmy.gif - so congrats to Kaineda77 for being the 8,000 registered and confirmed user. Yay MDCF. biggrin.gif

Brilliant! I reckon it is time we edit the title of this thread to "... has 8,000 registered users!" wink.gif

Done, buddy. I really can't believe we accomplished this in such little time. I honestly have no doubts that growth has been fueled by the downloads section, as the Sonicstage 3.1 installer alone has nearly 1000 downloads. ohmy.gif

Done, buddy. I really can't believe we accomplished this in such little time. I honestly have no doubts that growth has been fueled by the downloads section, as the Sonicstage 3.1 installer alone has nearly 1000 downloads. ohmy.gif

Brilliant! You can imagine further growth rate once the "mother" conclude its advertising with MDCF. cool.gif

nice work you two. other mods are good, but you two are right on the game atm. seems to menot just is the no. of users up but some of them are sticking 'round a bit.

Another MDCF milestone! This time, it took approximately 12-13 days to reached the 9000 mark. I reckon it is time we edit the title of this thread once more to reflect 9000 members!! happy.gif

Three cheers to all!

Welcome to MDCF, wtimmins - our 9000th member.

wow, it took minidisc-t 5 years to get to 10,000, looks like we will beat that pretty soon

good job kurisu and all the other regulars for making this place such a great forum!

Very nice - thanks for the note Ishii. I'm glad that we're growing so quickly, but I have no doubts that the downloads section is fueling this heavily..