Have a Hi-MD question that doesn't need a thread? [part II]

Rate this topic

Christopher

You could have left the 2.1 installed. From the registration:

""Connect is currently available only in the US and Canada""

If you are outside that, it doesn't matter, which version you are using, you won't get an account.

Keep that e-mail and use the credits, when the service opens in old blighty...

Second, you can upload, reorder, edit, download your own recorded stuff inside Sonicstage.

To use an external wave editor, either wait for the converter, or record it off the mixer while playing the track in SonicStage.

2.1 has an editor included, which mimicks the edit of a conventional home deck. Plus, it's more stable.

SS2.1 is available at www.connect.com.

To get rid of 2.0, follow the NetMD-FAQ here:

http://forums.minidisc.org/viewtopic.php?t=4171

The N1 gumsticks are not useable for the NH1

N1== NiMH == 1.2 Volts

NH1 == LiIon == 3.6 Volts plus different size.

Hope, this yelps...

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jadeclaw

Many thanks for quick reply!! Sounds like version 2.1 of Sonic Stage is the one to try. ( and I'll keep an eye on these forums for reviews of Sony Wave converter software when (if?!) it becomes available.) I made a mistake in original post and meant to say "using N1 gumsticks in the NH900" ?! Sorry about that! I've since found an earlier thread saying that they should work - give longer play time etc. But I'm still wondering if the supplied NH900 charger will work as efficiently - or if somehow better to charge up the 1400mah sticks in the N1 - and then use in the 900?? Maybe it wouldnt really make any difference-just take a bit longer?!

The NH900 battery is a normal gumstick battery, whereas the N1 is not. They cannot be interchanged.

I record lots of DAB radio (onto mz-n1) Would like transfer to PC and cut/edit/reorder etcetc. Apart from in real time via soundcard will this be possible( I'm hoping to pick up an nh1 as soon as they hit uk)

Just to make sure you're on the same page - it's possible with the NH1, but not the N1.

thanks again jadeclaw - that's more or less what I thought when I tried last night. Presumably at some stage the new Hi-md machines will be boxed with SS 2.1 ( with the greater functionality of burning audio cd's and mp3 cd's )? - but all posts I've read from early receivers seem to suggest all hi-mds are shipping with SS2.0 Perhaps eventually the "Europe" site will change to 2.1 downloading??