Christopher

Removing scratches from LCD screens? [i.e. remotes, etc]

Rate this topic

58 posts in this topic

For scratches you get on your watch my friend takes an eraser and starts erasing away. Although I haven't tried it myself it works for him. Might also work for light scratches on lcds.

P.S. Use a soft eraser, like the gummy ones, don't try it with another type.

Edited by Sparda

Peanut Butter works really well. I have employed the use of it on Laser Discs with nasty scratches, CDs, DVDs, adn my car unit screen that I damaged the day I installed it in 1997. I can vouch for tooth past too. Be careful for displays with an anti reflective coating. I cleaned up some scratches on an XM radio display and found out that I removed the anti-reflective coating.

Simichrompoli, the German fine polish by Happich. Super on brass and silver, it is a very fine paste of jewelers rouge. It can polish a scratch out of a watch crystal. It will polish, not scratch. Toothpaste is pretty coarse so you might want to use this polish after the toothpaste. Found in auto stores and German car dealers at the parts desk. One tube will last you a lifetime as it is used very sparingly for any polishing. B)

Oh, I didn't know toothpaste has other uses than just cleaning teeth. XD But seriously, it's an new information for me. Thanks.

Becareful while using toothpaste as it may lead to microscratches .

Another option is the stuff used to clean caravan window scratches (comes in a tube) and if you know someone with a caravan, (or even a light aircraft!) chances are they have some or know a mate who does. A tiny amount is all that's needed and I used it on my vintage caravan's windows and also my terribly scratched watch. It is a polish too, so ends up gleaming :D

Edited by TygerBrightly

I always found Jewellers Rouge works well - that's basically what it is designed for

I've successfully removed deep scratches from my remote screen by continually rubbing the screen with my fingernail whenever I'm out and about with my MD Walkman. My fingernail is pretty soft so it can't scratch the flat unscratched parts but it does rub the 'ridges' away causing the scratches to go away.