"Best Headphones under $100" Thread

Rate this topic

Christopher

Just like the cx 300 you will be buying an ear wax magnet. There is no way to clean the filter grill. Once clogged you can toss the phones. This will happen despite rigorous qtip jousting.

That's not good news. I don't have those headphones, but the ones I do have also have a no-clean filter grill.

How long does it take to clog?? I'm trying to be careful with mine and never put them in my pocket or leave them lying around.

I did pierce them gently the other day - very very gently. . . but it's not a great method of de-fluffing!

So, in essence - non-cleaning filters belong to essentially 'disposable' headphones????

That's not good news. I don't have those headphones, but the ones I do have also have a no-clean filter grill.

How long does it take to clog?? I'm trying to be careful with mine and never put them in my pocket or leave them lying around.

I did pierce them gently the other day - very very gently. . . but it's not a great method of de-fluffing!

So, in essence - non-cleaning filters belong to essentially 'disposable' headphones????

yes rather sooner than later.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently got myself the EX85 for $90.

Were $150 in Australia originally.

Comes wth a nice fabric draw-string pouch and earphone holder (larger than the holder supplied with the EX32LP).

SQ-amazingly clear and distortion free, has nicely perfected sound across various frequencies and I love thw studio monitor quality.