Cannot find the OpenMG Secure Module. Exiting SonicStage

Rate this topic

bartman

I have purchased a Sharp im-dr410(s) and I'm very happy with it.

But after using it for one week the software on my windows xp does not work anymore....

First I installed the Beatjam program and made a few discs.

Later i installed sonicstage but never made any discs with it.

2 days ago i wanted to make a new disc and the beatjam program does not start up anymore.

Everytime i start it up it tries to install de openmg secure module and fails during the procedure.

I'f installed beatjam more then 10 times now and it gives the same error everytime.

Every other program I install gives me the same problem, sonic stage gives me the error : Cannot find the OpenMG Secure Module. Exiting SonicStage

and simpleburner/realplayer are also not working..

somehow i can install beatjam on a old hdd with windows 98se on the same pc, but i want to use it again on my xp hdd..

I tried the jet 4.0 solution and installed servicepack 2 for windows xp, but nothing works....

can anyone help me?

There are a number components that come with SonicStage. In addition to program itself, when you run the SonicStage setup it installs the NetMD driver, a SonicStage 'add-on', some patches and the OpenMG secure module. This module AFAIK is the one responsible encrypting and decrypting the communication between the NetMD (or Hi-MD) recorder and the PC. Without this your PC cannot communicate with your NetMD device and vice versa.

The first thing to check is to see if the OpenMG secure module is indeed installed (it'll be in Add/Remove Programs). If it's not install it seperately if you can, the latest version of OpenMGSM is version 4 which is included with SonicStage 2.1 (3 came with 2.0). But I think it is else it should install when you run those installers.

I don't own a Sharp NetMD recorder, but is this 'Beatjam' the Sharp equivalent to SonicStage or Simple Burner? For now I'll assume it is.

All of these programs, if they communicate with the NetMD recorder, depend on the OpenMG secure module and what I think's going on is a version conflict or there's something screwed-up in your Windows registry relating to that module.

What I suggest is to uninstall Beatjam, SonicStage, Simple Burner and RealPlayer and all the associated modules. I personally am not familiar with Beatjam or RealPlayer so I don't know what installs with them, but Simple Burner only installs itself. There are guidelines on uninstalling SonicStage here. The general idea is to start from scratch here.

It's probably best to stick to one program here so install your favourite (i.e Beatjam OR SonicStage), making sure the OpenMG secure module has installed after the install procedure is complete. If this doesn't help, and if I was in the same situation I resort to more drastic measures, but I hesitate to mention them.

I really hope this helps, I know these problems can be infuriating.

Thanx for your advise,

The openmg secure module is not in my Add/Remove Programs list...

It was before, but I already had the problem and tried to uninstall it, and it dit not respond when i tried..

So I downloaded advanced uninstaller at tucows.com to get rid of it.

The program worked, but now I don't get the openmg secure module in that list anymore when I install beatjam (the sharp answer to sonicstage).

I tried to uninstall and install everything according to the guidelines on this forum, but the result is what I wrote down before..

Also I tried to install the openmg module seperately, but somehow could not.

I was already pretty frustrated and had to buy a new mouse because of that.... :wacky:

But now I'm cooled down a bit and I'm trying to selove this problem.

(I hope I don't have to reinstall windows......)

Well....

It's working again!

Tried to uninstall everything via the NetMD Faq again.

And installed the original software from Sharp (Justsystem) and the program was working again!

But....

Then the programm didn't recognize the MD-player..... :whatever:

Installed the driver from sharp again and now it's finally working all together.

Also with simple burner and that program works pretty ok.

Thanks for all your tips!

ps,

I also have the sony MZ-R30 recorder, it is about 7 years old now and it's still working fine today!

And all the minidiscs i've bought through the years are still functional today.

I really like the minidisc format and I must say that the sound of my new (really cheap!!) sharp md-recorder sounds better then most mp3-players.

I think that the OMG format is better then the mp3 format...

If all the security shit was gone this would be the best thing to use for compressed audio!

• 9 months later...

ph34r.gif

Please dont blame sony for some overlooks that we do in this installation

Here are the steps that we need to do if somebody is getting "cannot find openMg

secure module" sonicstage exiting error when installing sonicstage.

1. Install the latest sonic from http://www.connect.com/download_cookie.html

2. Goto control panel and then goto adminstrative tools and make sure your windows

installer is set to automatic and is currently run if not please run this.

3. Then install SonicStageInstaller.exe on your machine be sure to turn off any

other applications running.

4. follow the installation instructions.

5. once installed it will display successfully displayed.if prompted restart the system

6. Make sure openMg secure module is installed on your machine in add/remove programs

7. If not then your windows installer isn't running.

8. sonicstage installer never gives warning about windows installer running.

9. It will simply display successful installation even actually it didn't install

openMg secure module.

Hope this helps.

Jay

Well....

It's working again!

Tried to uninstall everything via the NetMD Faq again.

And installed the original software from Sharp (Justsystem) and the program was working again!

But....

Then the programm didn't recognize the MD-player..... :whatever:

Installed the driver from sharp again and now it's finally working all together.

Also with simple burner and that program works pretty ok.

Thanks for all your tips!

ps,

I also have the sony MZ-R30 recorder, it is about 7 years old now and it's still working fine today!

And all the minidiscs i've bought through the years are still functional today.

I really like the minidisc format and I must say that the sound of my new (really cheap!!) sharp md-recorder sounds better then most mp3-players.

I think that the OMG format is better then the mp3 format...

If all the security shit was gone this would be the best thing to use for compressed audio!

Here are the steps that we need to do if somebody is getting "cannot find openMg

2. Goto control panel and then goto adminstrative tools and make sure your windows

5. once installed it will display successfully displayed.if prompted restart the system

6. Make sure openMg secure module is installed on your machine in add/remove programs

9. It will simply display successful installation even actually it didn't install

openMg secure module.

Hope this helps.

• 3 months later...

openMg secure module.

Hope this helps.

THIS DUDE IS A MUTHA F*CKIN LEGEND THIS WORKS 100% NICE ONE :)