Sony Insider Forums
Ishiyoshi

NW-E405/E407/E505/E507 Firmware Update Version 2.0

Rate this question

Question

NW-E405/E407/E505/E507 Firmware Update Version 2.0

<HR noShade SIZE=1>

This new firmware update adds no new significant features, but fixes some bugs on the player.

• "Clock2" is added to OLED display screen when playback of music tracks completes. However, it is possible to display the clock by selecting Clock2 from the setting of Display Screen while on playback.

clock2_sample.gif

• Improvement of music navigation: artist retrieval and shuffle mode.
Note: However, units with serial numbers listed below has already been corrected:
  • NW-E405:"5071541"
  • NW-E407:"5042566"
  • NW-E505:"1062748"
  • NW-E507:"1055277"
<HR noShade SIZE=1>

FIRMWARE UPDATE 2.0 - NW-E405/E407/E505/E507 - DOWNLOAD LINKS:

Japan | All other region: NW-E405 + NW-E407 | NW-E505 + NW-E507

<HR noShade SIZE=1>

30 answers to this question

I wish they would/could make it so pressing certian buttons when it's on hold will show the clock. Like my Sony Ericsson phone, when I press the volume buttons when it's locked, I get the time, instead of do you want to unlock?

I'm wondering if the US firmware will include a 12 hour clock instead of the 24 hour clock... or in addition to it.

Sony doesn't care about us US customers too much... *sniff*

ShaBot

I didn't have Sonic Stage installed when I tried to upgrade since I was using MP3 file manager. The updater gave me a "system information cannot be found" error box when installing.

Had to install SS to get it to work. Just a heads up to anyone having the same problem as me.

Edited by Fami

yeah it uses the same openmg secure module as sonicsatge & md simple burner

Can you just install SS and then uninstall SS, but leave the OpenMG module in place? I wonder if that would work??

Joe

Can you just install SS and then uninstall SS, but leave the OpenMG module in place? I wonder if that would work??

Joe

Yes, it is possible but not advisable.

In case people were waiting for an official Sony USA firmware update, it's available online.

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/swu-download...7,16&mdl=NWE507

Description matches the 2.0 version that was out outside of the US, but here it is.

This is very helpful. Thank you guys very much for posting this information and keeping this forum going. I've used the link and updated my player and the players that I purchased for my relatives.

I can't seem to get my E507 to update. I updated my wife's 505 just fine, but when the updater gets to about 39% and the player changes from "Program Checking" to "Program Writing", the screen goes blank. The windows side of the updater keeps going, and when it gets to 99% it hangs up, eventually giving me an error message about the update timing out. After this happens, i have to push the reset button to get the player to work again. I've tried to update with data on the player and after formatting with the same results. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Guest Stuge

Archaon,

Welcome to "AtracLife"

Can you let me know what is name or version of .upg file ?

For this you will need to extract the "NW-E50X_V2_0C" via an extracter(eg Winrar or powerzip)

Like mine is "MSFWUPGR_NW-E50X_200C.UPG"

Also contact Sony Support chat siteSony Support Site

Edit#1

Network Walkman Models bearing the following serial number need not apply the firmware update as the firmware is already updated.

1.)NW-E507: Serial number bearing “3000491 ” or later

Serial.jpg

Archaon,

Welcome to "AtracLife"

Thanks

Can you let me know what is name  or version  of .upg file ?

For this you will need to extract the  "NW-E50X_V2_0C" via an extracter(eg Winrar or powerzip)

Like mine is "MSFWUPGR_NW-E50X_200C.UPG"

Mine is the same.

Also, Sony Support Chat just told me to try downloading it again, and/or on another computer. Neither worked.

Worst case scenario, the player was a Christmas gift, so I can always swap it for a new one.

Thanks Stuge, the file from that link was a newer version I think. The .UPG was "MSFWUPGR_NW-E50X_201C.UPG" not 200C, and it worked like a charm.

I have been having the same problem as Archaon....I've been on the phone with 4 different Sony Reps, who couldn't resolve the issue either. Their final response was to send the unit to Texas so Sony could install the firmware themselves. However, that would take approx 4 weeks... Any help here would be GREATLY appreciated

OOOPS, I just read Stuge's last post and installed the 201 version , and it worked!! Thanks Alot. Someone should notify SONY about this so others don't spend as much time as I did trying to tweak the upgrade.

Thanks Again!!

Edited by rugby10

Dsmn, it really works! It even worked for my NW-E407 player. Probably the firmware program is region-dependant. My player was bought in Eastern Europe, so firmware from US-site didn't work.

Thank you for help and very useful link!

P.S.: Should put it in the FAQ I guess.

Guest Stuge

Probably the firmware program is region-dependant. My player was bought in Eastern Europe,

I bught my player in Indian & I upgraded my player from Sony europe site ..No problems ..

Great find... I had the same issue and tried it on three different PCs before stumbling across this thread. Too bad you can only do one accessory screen saver at a time.

Guest Stuge

Will Sony release new firmware for the NW-Exx series to support aac encoded music??

No ,It don't think so .