NetMD Driver 64-bit Win7 or Vista Version 1.4

About This File

These are the drivers you will need to get NetMD devices to work with 64-bit Windows 7 and Vista. For Hi-MD devices in Hi-MD mode, no driver is needed, however for NetMD mode you will still need this.

Compatible models:

NetMD:

• NW-E7/E10
  • MZ-N1
  • LAM-1
  • MDS-JB980
  • MZ-N505
  • MZ-S1
  • MZ-N707
  • MZ-N10
  • MZ-N910
  • MZ-NF810/N710
  • MZ-NF610/N510
  • MZ-NE410
  • MZ-NE910/NE810
  • LAM-10
  • AM-NX1
  • MDS-S500
  • AM-NX9
  • Sharp IM-MT880/899
  • Sharp IM-DR400/410
  • Sharp IM-DR420/DR80/DR580
  • Kenwood DMC-S9NET
  • Panasonic SJ-MR250

Hi-MD:

• MZ-NH1
  • MZ-NH3D
  • MZ-NH900
  • MZ-NHF800/NH700
  • MZ-NH600/NH600D
  • MZ-N920
  • MZ-DH10P
  • MZ-RH10/M100
  • MZ-RH910/M10
  • MZ-RH1/M200

Others:

• CMT-M333NT/373NT
  • CMT-SE9

(Note: PCLK functionality will NOT work with this driver set, so no M-Crew is possible unless you use the XP virtual machine in W7 Pro or Ultimate)

Here's a video one user posted in the forums. Thanks muchly, "proudofmylife"

A word to the wise: if you want to see what is actually depicted (text), recommend watching on youtube rather than in this window here. That's an option if you right-click the screen shot here. That will allow you to view in full screen, thereby seeing the details quite clearly.

Stupid software, now there are TWO FILES, but you only want the SECOND ONE. The first is the previous version, and you need the one with August 2020 date.

What's New in Version Version 1.4   See changelog

Released

• 1st October 2013 - Updated to add Sharp (fixed Aiwa NX-9) models.
  • 3rd Nov 2014 - Tweaks to enable M333/373NT, C7, L7HD
  • 17th Nov 2017 - Panasonic SJ-MR250 (Thanks to Fabian)
  • 18th Nov 2019 - removed bad line for PCLK (thanks to Kris01)

Added NW-E7 and NW-E10

Corrected M333/373, removed C7 and L7HD, we don't know the PIDs
Added CMT-SE9

(note the latest PCLK.zip contains entries for three different USB connections, including the above)

NETMD760.zip

NETMD760.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2015 at 8:02 PM, ersat1 said:

Anyone with a MZ-N420D ?   Trying this on windows 10 but no driver found. Running SonicStage perfectly on windows 10.

Yes....I have one of those and it works fine for me. But there is a trick to getting it to work on Windows 8 or later. Refer to my post with the instructions to install the NetMD drivers for windows 8.  Its relatively easy and step by step anyone can follow it and get their NetMD working with Win8 or WIn10. The trick is to disable driver signature enforcement on Windows 10 and to manually install the driver for the NetMD device which will be listed as an error in device manager.

Follow this link http://forums.sonyinsider.com/topic/27868-netmd-for-windows-8/#comment-182705 to my tutorial of how to do this. The tutorial is for Windows 8....but the steps are identical to Windows 10. Follow my step-by-step guide checklist on the driver signature disabling, next watch the video on how to install the diver through device manager (Windows 7 video but exactly the same steps on Windows 8 and Windows 10). Only difference is the first step which is for disabling the driver enforcement. Its pretty well and easily typed out so you shouldn't have any problems with it....

Really hope this helps!!! :-)

Let me know if you cant figure it out. I wouldn't mind jumping on your machine remotely with TeamViewer or something and do it for you if need be.

Let me know.

-Kona

Bonjour à toutes et tous, j'ai plutot facilement reussi à re-installer mon MD MZ-N710 et son driver, c'est génial....bravo sfbp, et peut d'autres.

Par contre, j'avais complement oublié que l'on ne pouvait pas transferer ses enregistrements sur PC avec l'USB.

Existe t'il une solution pour eviter de perdre de la qualité en passant en analogique?

Cordialement

Claude

You need an MZ-RH1, or an MDLP deck with optical output (no USB is going to work) to your PC (that does not enforce Serial Copy restrictions). MZ-RH1s are expensive, sadly.

If the disk was MADE by NetMD transfer (as opposed to recorded from a microphone, line in, or optical) then only the deck->optical will work. Even the RH1 will not save you. I would never recommend using analog out if you care about the sound quality - 3.5mm jacks are hopeless in every way, especially if not gold-plated.

I bet your English is better than my French. I understand yours, but I may end up mis-representing the details because I don't use it routinely. Quand je travaillais en France, on dit "Etienne est comme grand-mère - il dit rien mais il comprend tout".

And next time, let's have this in the discussion section please :)

Happy to do so but you need to tell us the PID/VID numbers. VID should be 054C (Sony), PID will be .....? (maybe close to  0119)

Suggest you go to Nirsoft and download USBDeview. This will help you find the right IDs.

Hi Everyone

My computer drive crashed and once again I am trying to install a driver for Mz N505 net md. I have read the forum and installed as per the latest blogs but i Get the following

image.png.fef55d77d5d05a1c6c8d6004c32f1452.png

I have run out of ideas. Can anyone suggest where to from here

Thank You In advance

John

56 minutes ago, John Cosgrove said:

Hi Everyone

My computer drive crashed and once again I am trying to install a driver for Mz N505 net md. I have read the forum and installed as per the latest blogs but i Get the following

image.png.fef55d77d5d05a1c6c8d6004c32f1452.png

I have run out of ideas. Can anyone suggest where to from here

Thank You In advance

John

I was premature in my post. I gave it one more go and was successfull using the option to change the computers startup proceedure of "Disable driver signature enforcement‘". it wasn't as easy as described but I managed to get to the the startup option of F7 and then renistalled the driver and everything started working again. (I hate Microsoft for hiding all of the options for success in obscure places) Everyones efforts are appreciated and have provided me with something I truly enjoy . Thak You

Good afternoon again, thank you very much I have achieved it for my MZ-NH600, but not for my MZ-N707, this Net MD 
does not accept mp3, but it does convert to LP4, but there is no way no matter how much I have tried, if you could 
help me I would be entirely grateful to you, and the MZ-NH600 are luxurious and perfect. And when trying to update 
to the 760 driver that you kindly provide in your forum, I get the Net MD with a question mark (?).
A hug and thank you very much for the help

SONY NET MD MZ-707_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230320_164643.jpg

SONY NET MD MZ-707_HDR-2.jpg

I think you have to turn off driver signing AGAIN, i.e. it will have been re-enabled at the next reboot or perhaps even sooner than that, and you have to do it each time a new device is installed.