SonicStage 4.3 Ultimate Edition

About This File

From valued forum member Avrin's topic, SonicStage 4.3 "Ultimate" Release 2:

Since the "Ultimate" 4.3 version seems to have gained quite a popularity, and appears to be less glitchy than any previous one, I decided to build a second release. This is purely a cosmetic update.

What's changed from the first release:

1. Updated Registry Information Setup is used now. This doesn't affect minidisc functionality in any way, but may add support for some newer ATRAC phones (you still need to provide the respective drivers).

2. The link to Minidisc Community Forums in the Help menu is replaced with a link to Sony Insider Forums.

3. Installation package extraction path is no longer saved to registry.

4. Windows Installer 2.0 distribution package is not included.

The complete list of changes from the official VAIO version (including changes introduced in the first release):

1. System prerequisites from Microsoft (Windows Installer 2.0, DirectX 9.0c, Windows Media Format 9, Windows Media Format 9.5, Data Access Components 2.5) are not included.

2. OpenMG Secure Module version 5.0 with the respective Registry Information is used instead of the original patched version 4.7.

3. Sony CONNECT Store support is no longer installed.

4. SonicStage Security Update is installed automatically.

5. Latest Personal Audio Drivers for SONY devices are installed automatically.

6. The VAIO support link in the Help menu is replaced with a link to Sony Insider Forums.

NOTE: If you have applied the experimental SonicStage patch 4.3.02 for Vista/Windows 7, you'll need to re-apply it after installation.

NOTE 2: If you need NetMD, you will probably have to install one of the drivers in the downloads section, as the older drivers have some different problems. In particular, if (as for many people) the system is Windows-64-bits, you will need the driver NETMD760, and you will need to undo some of the drivers installed by the SonicStage setup. If you have an MZ-RH1, you are especially warned to install that driver or its 32-bit cousin NETMD052.SYS (also under downloads) on every NetMD device.

What's New in Version 03/15/2019 03:55 PM   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I just installed this new version of sonic stage and I'm having an issue . When it connects to

gracenote to retrieve cd info it displays no track information. The funny thing is md simple burner

displays the track information. If anybody can help I would really appreciate this. Thanks

The Sonic Stage license for Gracenote is expired/busted/oversubscribed. We don't know what to do about it. If you have the time to make a complaint to Gracenote that would be much appreciated by all here.

I contacted Gracenote twice and they won't email me back. Has anybody got a response from them?

I just contacted them a third time and I hope I get a response this time.

Has anyone ever had this issue:   I have SS 4.3 and have the driver's  for my MD installed, running Windows 7.   I was able to get everything going, working, MD found and was able to transfer songs and make discs....all good.    Now I tried to use it again and everything is found by the computer, drivers still there but there is no MD option in the transfer tab, I could only make CDRs.    I even tried other MD units I have and no difference.  any advice??

I tried this with the same outcome.  My computer shows the MD, says the driver is good with no compaints, just not an option in SS (which I also reinstalled)....oh well

Turn off Windows Update and reinstall SS (over the top of what you have, no need to uninstall). I presume we are talking W64 (not W32)?

Bonjour. Merci beaucoup ça marche ! J'ai enfin pu télécharger SonicStage 4.3 et l'installer sur Windows 7. Des années que j'attendais ça alors merci merci merci ! 

Hi ! I would like to thank you very much for allowing me to download SonicStage 4.3 again. 

I'm a big fan of the MD since 1992 and I was so sad I couldn't find SonicStage 4.3 elsewhere on the web, only the 9kb launch from Sony's site that doesn't work anymore ; for years (since Windows 7 came) I thought this situation was hopeless. I recorded so many of my own compositions on Mini Disc, I thought they were lost for ever and that I could never download them again on PC.  So thank you very very much ! 

Fantastic ;>) 

You just need to download the complete version of Sonic Stage and the drivers (for XP 32 or 64)... If you need Office 2013, ask me ! Or any XP program that you are not allowed to download in your country.

Sony forever... https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=NWE2&LOC=3#/downloadTab*

http://www.oldversion.com/

will be an Ali Baba cavern for you but as you know, do not reinstall too much software as an internet connection is not recommended  anymore under Windows XP.

I guess you can also connect a bootable USB key with a recent anti-virus in order to check this old computer : 

https://www.lifewire.com/free-bootable-antivirus-tools-2625785

An old computer like that is perfect if you have a SPDI/F audio optical output.

Or, a not-so-old good external USB audio card, like an old SPDI/F Hi-Face or a DAC like the Creative X-Fi Go Pro! USB key. 

I think that an audio player like foobar2000 will be fantastic also. It is able to read SACD files !

Even (Heaven) a digital 5.1 receiver...

The Sony driver worked!   I should have looked on there first.   I have the Open MG disk with it too and was thinking the driver would be on there.  (different program I know)

I just saved it to an USB stick and transferred it to the XP computer,  I don't dare connect it the internet unless it is an emergency.   Finally getting my old forgotten tech working again!