Questions/Comments for Marc's uploading utility.

Rate this topic

journalist

I just downloaded v.0.07 but it won't start - a message pops up saying that libguide40.dll is missing and that reinstalling the program might help - it doesn't :sad: I've been having a clearout and am wondering if I've accidentally deleted it (libguide40.dll). If I have, where can I download it again and where should I put it?

I've done a Google search, and whilst there are lots of *references* to the file, I can't find a download site.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing is wrong.... Ive been trying out the Intel compiler version 8.0... And i accidently built the latest build with it.

Re-get version 0.07 from my site. The .zip file you should get now is 95,417 bytes long, as opposed to the accidently Intel compiled one, which is 113,232 byes long.

Sorry for that smile.gif

EDIT:

Could you also try this version:

http://www.marcnetsystem.co.uk/himdrendere...rer007intel.zip

this has been built using the Intel compiler, but without the need for the libguide40.dll (its statically linked instead of dynamically linked)

Hello i have a problem whit a big file (+1h30) this is the log file... how i can do? At the and i've a wav file 0 octet and the temporary lie is corrupted every 30 seconds

At End. Pos: - [0xd0592463d = 55928047165]

At End. lastpos: - [0xd0592463d = 55928047165]

At End. len: - [0xd0592463d = 55928047165]

Pos: [0x15d8=5592] Len: [0x15d8=5592] Pos (secs): - [0xd0592463d = 55928047165]Len (secs): - [0xd0592463d = 55928047165]Event: [0x1=1]

Processing File:E:MusiqueminidiscHi-MDSans titre.oma

RepairWav => Failed map view of file E:MusiqueminidiscHi-MDSans titre.oma.tmp

Deinit'ed

boy. if all we have problems with is huge long files than this thing sounds like it'll do great for me. I most am interested in digital copies of copy protected CDs, though analog mic recordings will be nice to upload and convert too.

lyndon, what settings are you using to get no clicks?

MarC!

You have done extremely well. Your program increases the value of HiMD tremendously. Please keep up the good work. As for lack of response, I think a lot of us are sitting around waiting for a click-free version before starting using it for real. I personally haven't had time to dig into the program myself, but I surely will! If it ends up being essentially bug and click free, I will also pay for it.

Best regards,

VRN

By the way... Is it just me or has my program gained a more "Its good, but we dont need it" feel..... Just seems things have gone quiet on the himdrenderer reaction front....

Nice to implement the batch-function in the GUI-version!

By the way about: "we don't need it". I think that there will always be a need for your program because IF Sony releases their own program it will only be possible to export analog recordings. Your program can also convert optical recordings and also omg-files that are on the PC (when you don't have the original mp3, wav, CD anymore).

So I'm sure that if you can get the decoding near to perfect (and I think you are very close) there will be also people that need your program if the Sony programs is on its limits.

So keep up the good work!

I second what MD Freak says-- I'm loving being able to convert digital (optical) recordings.

sxc-- I actually have come across CDs that none of my CD drives can read, they're that messed up with copy protection. THey play fine in CD players but the drive cannot read it, not even EAC... rare, yes, but I'd still prefer to use Hi-MD for this. Recording optically to my hdd recorder yields one big long track that I manually have to split up-- ugh.

Marc,

Can I just add my thanks and appreciation on this thread to you too?

Here's my story -

I've looked at minidisc off and on over the past few years, and because of its lack of digital transfer capability over usb, never took it up.

The other day, I had a $100.00 gift voucher burning a hole in my pocket. So I went to the store, and wandered around looking for something to spend it on. I spotted an MZ-NH1 and bought it on the spot. Cost a lot more than $100.00, but I got a condenser mike and the little carrybag too.

I play classical guitar, and I want to record performanaces, practice and maybe even an album in the near future.

Now a classical guitar ain't your noisy beast like most rock bands where a bit of background fan noise from a laptop will never get into the mix. Hi-MD, with its capacity to record PCM files, a mixing desk with an opto out and a quality mic, is a perfect solution. Whisper quiet & portable.

I quizzed the salesman, read the manual, the catalog, everything I could lay my hands on at the store. Now I know I only have myself to blame, for not doing my research and getting excited and buying on the spot, but the salesman did not say ONE WORD about digital rights management stopping me from accessing PCM files recorded with myself as the artist.

I worked this out very quickly when I got home with the device. It was looking like total disaster.

I did a search on the net looking to se if anyone had subverted the omg (is omg for O mi God? as in, O mi God are Sony so stupid?) format.

That day was the day you posted Hi-MD render v.001.

Thanks mate, you saved my investment and what you have achieved means the world to me.

Never give up, never surrender.

Cheers,

Rob

I second what MD Freak says-- I'm loving being able to convert digital (optical) recordings.  

sxc-- I actually have come across CDs that none of my CD drives can read, they're that messed up with copy protection.  THey play fine in CD players but the drive cannot read it, not even EAC... rare, yes, but I'd still prefer to use Hi-MD for this.  Recording optically to my hdd recorder yields one big long track that I manually have to split up-- ugh.

Optical recordings and ending up with one big track? Do you have forgotten to enable the SYNCH REC (Synchronious Recording mode)? This takes care of trackmarks even if there is no 3 sec pause between tracks (when you are recording optically).

Since people are freaking out about the SS 2.2 thing:

I installed the 2.2 update over 2.1.

Sony Wave Writer is still there.

HiMDRenderer still works.

Using .007 I haven't had any glitches in my conversions yet.

I have now done over 150 track uploads with SS2.2 and haven't had it trash a track yet.

Things seem to be going well.

Will HiMDrenderer work with a clean install of SS2.2 or with 2.0?

I want to start using it on my work laptop which doesn't have any SS on it and the only version I can see at Connect is 2.2. The CD I got with the MD has 2.0.

The less times I have to install software on that machine the better!

Any ideas?

Dear MarC,

I can deal with (a few) glitches. But I need to convert long files. I've tried every release so far, but I'm getting the erorr "cannot map wav file" or whatever that is.

By the way, here is one thing I observed: If I use SS to upload a file, I can download it (in the same format) to multiple discs. This is useful if I record on a 1G disk and want to move pieces onto regular 80min discs. The only problem I noticed is that once the file is downloaded, it cannot be edited (eg., adding track marks). Somehow the status information on the file changes.

I have a question, though. Can other MD units play discs I've written from my computer? I'm guessing the answer is NO, becuase otherwise we could copy stuff, and Sony doesn't want that.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I'll keep testing future versions...

Richard

I have a question, though.  Can other MD units play discs I've written from my computer?  I'm guessing the answer is NO, becuase otherwise we could copy stuff, and Sony doesn't want that.

Yes.

Any MD recorded on one MD recorder (or in SonicStage to an MD recorder) can be played on any other MD recorder or player. Same goes for Hi-MD.

I have now done over 150 track uploads with SS2.2 and haven't had it trash a track yet.

Things seem to be going well.

Dex, forgive me for not following the issue of SS trashing uploads, but with previous versions of SS how many uploads would you do before SS trashed one? I mean, you say 150 so far, but what is that in comparison to, to give me an idea of how much improvement you're finding?

Dex, forgive me for not following the issue of SS trashing uploads, but with previous versions of SS how many uploads would you do before SS trashed one?  I mean, you say 150 so far, but what is that in comparison to, to give me an idea of how much improvement you're finding?

I think between Jadeclaw and I we figured that maybe 1/40 - 1/50 would get trashed with SS 2.1. I never used anything before 2.1 so I can't speak for other versions.

Sorry for the stupid question, but when I get into SS 2.1, is there suppose to be a box which says, NEW UPDATE AVAILABLE? or am I suppose to go to a web site and download the new version. If the latter, can someone please post the web site, as I got no idea where to look.

Thanks tongue.gif :S

And should we backup our library before installing the new version?

Um, anyone remember Sony giving Bleem a lot of grief over their emulator that let you play PSX games on a PC or Dreamcast? What if they do the same to Marc? Sony's lawyers can be quite, how can I say it.. heartless.

Yeah, that totally blew. BleemCast came out and I was able to play 2 games: GT2 and Metal Gear Solid. :whatever:

Sorry for the stupid question, but when I get into SS 2.1, is there suppose to be a box which says, NEW UPDATE AVAILABLE? or am I suppose to go to a web site and download the new version. If the latter, can someone please post the web site, as I got no idea where to look.

Thanks tongue.gif :S

And should we backup our library before installing the new version?

Thanks sad.gif

This thread is getting quite long, I suggest we make a separate section in this forum or at least close this one and start a new thread

Marc should have a separate thread for posting his updates, separated from the the flow of questions

So new comers won't have the hassle of going through all 11 pages

And Sony won't buy his software, the block limitation is implemented by Sony tongue.gif

I tried for myself yesterday (without knowing the existence of this software) in graphedit the following:

File source -> OMG TRANSFORM -> WAV Dest -> File Writer

And when I pressed play, it will only record up to 63-64secs

What the HiMDRenderer do (correct me if I'm wrong) is seek right before it reach the end to reset the internal timer (WINMM.DLL:timeGetTime?) until the file is completely played back

Then scan for repeated samples to get rid of them

Here's a schematic on how things are connected:

user posted image

Even without the SonyWavWriter, we can still relay on WAV Dest + File Writer

The only important filter is OMG TRANSFORM :ninja:

Older, pre SS 2.1, ".omg" files playback with the OpenMG Decrypt Spliter, which refused to let you playback if any file writer is added to the graph

Btw Marc, how about using WaveOut on Win9x? I don't think it matters much since all you want is the reference clock but it should be more reliable than DirectSound unsure.gif

Well hopefully these won't be stupid questions from a computer illiterate.

1. Do you have to use SS2.2 for this to work?

2. Is there someone willing to post step by step details on how to get this to work, from downloading MarC's program to going from MD to computer to burning a CD?

3. If not, is there someone willing to talk me throught this on the phone this Sunday afternoon (10/3/04) or is there someone in the St. Louis, MO area that can help me with this.

Peace to all, classicalnut

HIMD render does exactly as the GraphEdit picture shows (but programatically, of course) and sets start and stop times in the graph. This works as long as:

a) You dont render blocks at more than 1 minute a go

cool.gif You can handle repeats, missing audio, and clicks at block borders

HiMd renderer does a) and cool.gif quite nicely.

And I am looking for a SonyWav writer replacement. What is this WavDest filter you mention? Its not in my (Win XP SP1) graph filter list on GraphEdit. Maybe its not on XP (Direct X 9) or maybe im looking in the wrong place.

I know that File Writer only accepts MEDIATYPE_Stream as input ...and the SampleGrabber filter does not want to connect to any audio source I give it when I try to connect via my program (ie: programatiicaly)... The weirdo thing is that SampleGrabber connects no problem when using GraphEdit. Any ideas anyone? Im stumped.

Anyway... 0.08 will be out sometime next week... The main fix is to the file mapping code. I use memory mapped files to make reading from the temp file faster and easier. However, it does not work when trying to map a huge temp file... So Im putting in some other methods in place which will automatically get activated if mapping the whole temp file fails.