Questions/Comments for Marc's uploading utility.

Rate this topic

journalist

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comes with the DirectX SDK

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/di...iltersample.asp

Just google for wavdest and you should be able to find plently of results smile.gif

Using the regular File Source should also work

Btw, did you find out what was the "OMG Seamless" filter for?

Edit: One more thing, stop calling it a DOS program, it won't run in DOS, it needs DirectX :laugh:

It's called a command line/console application smile.gif

This seems interesting:

http://forums.minidisc.org/viewtopic.php?t=6229

Can TR renderer bypass the 6x secs limit? Going to test it out...

Edit 2: Nop, doesn't work via emulated renderer

Even though I managed to record 2 mins by changing my system time (and record at 2x), the sound becomes garbled after 1:06-07 (high pitched noise)

Thank You Marc!

Time Saving Break Down

a 10 minute recording with 256kbps quality on Hi-MD Recorder

90 seconds to transfer from sonicstage to pc

30 seconds to convert from oma to wav

Total Time= 2 minutes compared to 10 minutes(real time)

For a 2 hour concert or any type of recording it would approximately take 24 minutes from the time you start transfering the audio through sonicstage to the time you have your Wave(s)

This thread is getting quite long, I suggest we make a separate section in this forum or at least close this one and start a new thread

Marc should have a separate thread for posting his updates, separated from the the flow of questions

So new comers won't have the hassle of going through all 11 pages

And Sony won't buy his software, the block limitation is implemented by Sony tongue.gif

I tried for myself yesterday (without knowing the existence of this software) in graphedit the following:

File source -> OMG TRANSFORM -> WAV Dest -> File Writer

And when I pressed play, it will only record up to 63-64secs

What the HiMDRenderer do (correct me if I'm wrong) is seek right before it reach the end to reset the internal timer (WINMM.DLL:timeGetTime?) until the file is completely played back

Then scan for repeated samples to get rid of them

Here's a schematic on how things are connected:

user posted image

Even without the SonyWavWriter, we can still relay on WAV Dest + File Writer

The only important filter is OMG TRANSFORM :ninja:

Older, pre SS 2.1, ".omg" files playback with the OpenMG Decrypt Spliter, which refused to let you playback if any file writer is added to the graph

Btw Marc, how about using WaveOut on Win9x? I don't think it matters much since all you want is the reference clock but it should be more reliable than DirectSound unsure.gif

I have also played around with GraphEdit too, I don't think the limit is Sony (or if it is it's in the transform or the reader). I built up a version using WAV Dest and FileWriter and it still doesn't work. If you replace the SmartTee with an Infinite Pin Tee it all works nicely; creating files of the correct size in one go, however the transcoding is done real time. You can replace the DirectSound output on the Inf Tee with a Null Renderer and again get the correct output wav file in one go at real time (you just don't hear anything during the process). I think the issue here is the presence of a valid renderer, and possibly its clock info - I'm not sure about this because the Null Renderer doesn't have a little clock ikon in GraphEdit, on the main path of the process. The only thing I haven't got around to doing yet is building up the Inf Tee version with the Null Renderer in the original code framework and playing around IMediaSeeking::SetRate and accelerating things that way.

I think it's definitively a limitation implemented by Sony (or perhaps a bug?)

If you use a hardware renderer, it will play fine until the end

But you're right; it has something to do with the reference clock

I tried to use TotalRecorder emulated renderer and it wouldn't work either (either at 1x, 4x or max)

Not sure if it's using IMediaSeeking::SetRate though

Edit: hmm, I can play the whole file with the clock disabled unsure.gif

Just a question in passing:

Is it definitive that the marcnet software is not operation with the SonicStage version 2.0 that was packaged with all of our HiMD recorders? Also is anyone using this with Win 2k/does the software make any direct hardware calls? (I've been producing numerous GPF errors with operation of said)

If the above is the case, would anyone have the knowledge as to where a full install (ie. packaged) version of 2.1 or 2.2 can be had? The web-installer is unfortunately not acceptable for deployment to multiple machines.

Thanks in advance.

Well Daijoubu, that would be one method for doing such a thing, however one must take into account that it does not simply download and explode the files into their respective directories. There is an install shield involved, binary files that have to be decrypted and quite possibly registry entries that are made on the fly.

Thus, without having to reverse engineer their installer ... I'm just interested to know if someone knows of the existence of a packaged version of SS 2.1 or 2.2 for multi-system deployment. Or if anyone has other suggestions on how to easily defeat the web-installer, the latter would be appreciated.

Actually, I did understand as much. However, as I commented in the last post, this installer is not that unsophisticated. Multiple binaries, and a secondary install shield and likely registry entries that would be missed by said method. Nevermind, I'll use an uninstall monitor and write my own script. Was just hoping to save the time if something was readily available.

I would say that Ive fixed the clicking problem (Give it a go! you can convert from .oma to .wav as much as you like using my program... I know I have). As for the SonicStage trashing uploads..... Dont know. It has been rumored to have been improved / fixed ... but Ive never had any of my upload tests trashed to start with

ASC2004: I know how the installer works

In fact, I'm the one who made both SS 1.5 and 2 "Lite" package back in the days tongue.gif

Let me try for myself... (have to do it anyway, ffdshow author can't download it to debug)

Edit: Oh, you can also order a CD smile.gif

http://support.connect.com/cdRequest/Sonic...geCDRequest.asp

Hey Yal,

I'm finally unlurking!

I have a question for you MarC: Has there been any luck using HiMDRenderer to acess oma fils will they are still on the MD? This could circumvent the whole issue of uploads getting trashed and you'd still have the option of uploading latter since you haven't use your ONE ( mad.gif ) upload yet.

Thanx for all the hard work you have done, you are a hero to this community!

Rowan

Hi MarC,

I just tried version 0.10. Everything looks fine (it runs, says it has completed, and writes the WAV) file, except that:

- it gives an unspecified Windows error and dies

- the WAV file is a little bit shorter (than the one created by the TR method). By shorter, it can be 10 to 200 bytes in the file I tried. This could be due to the program crashing.

I still have to line the files up side by side to check, but it's close.

Thanks for the update!

Richard

Dear Marc,

I just converted an ATRAC3+ file of approx. 40 mins.

As I said in my last message, it produced a WAV file OK, but then crashed.

When I compared your file to that obtained with TotalRecorder, they were the same (*) except for the first few samples. It seems that your method dropped a few, maybe ten or less, samples, at the beginning. Either that, or TotalRecorder added a few...

(*) I checked the data by loading both files into Audacity (audacity.sourceforge.net), inverting one, and adding them together.

Richard

Everything works fine except when himdrenderer is ready the "conversion complete" popup comes and that himdrenderer is shut down by Windows because of a problem (simply said it crashes)

Dont you hate it when all runs fine on your own machine and eveyone else gets crashes ...

Oh well... Could you run the program with "Generate log file" enabled, make sure it crashes :smile: and then PM me the log so I have a better understanding of what is going on.

Dear Marc,

after playing around with version 0.10 for a while, i found out the following:

1. It crashes, when you convert a single file

2. It does not crash in batch mode

3. It does not crash when you check "Force OMG media type"

It does not crash either, when you use the HiMdRendererWin.exe from version 0.07, so the problem is most probably in the GUI.

Well I for one am giving up on this program. I may be stupid but I can't figure out how to work it and can't seem to get any help. For now I will either buy Total Recorder and go that way or continue to use analog in and record on my computer in real-time. E-mailed Sony and they told me that they don't have a date for their wave converter. Well for now I hope all the bugs are worked out of this program and maybe one day I'll come back to it, Peace to all, Classicalnut

Come by on the Undernet IRC network in the #marcchat if you want real-time help... Im usually on between 8pm - 12am (BST)

Or send me a PM on this forum... Im sure this thread is getting way to long

Or:

Simply run my program (The HiMDRendererWin.exe version). Click "Browse" by the input file. Select an .oma file to convert. Press "Go Render!" ... How could I make it simpler??? Im open to suggestions...

Open SonicStage Options dialog and you should see "Location to save file recorded files"

Which is "C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataSony CorporationSonicStagePackages" by default

Then to to go to "Optimized Files"

Or simply put, click on Start (at the lower left) -> Search: *.oma and tadam! :whatever:

Sorry to sound harsh, but marc don't need to spoon feed every single peoples around tongue.gif

You can't always rely on others...

My problem seems to be when I click "browse" by the input file I don't know where to find the .oma file to convert,  Any suggestions?

Welcome to the world of Windows! You click on "save" and then you can't find the file.

That is why I like Linux. But alas, SonicStage only runs under Windows...

As others have said, you can find and/or set the location of files in SonicStage.

Richard

Thanks everyone, I hope I can get this to work with everyones suggestions. I think marc has done a great service to our community. I didn't mean to sound negative or want to be spoon fed, I just needed help and was getting fustrated. I think that I can figure it out now and will let you guys and gals know of my progress, Peace and thanks to all, Classicalnut

Open SonicStage Options dialog and you should see "Location to save file recorded files"

Which is "C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataSony CorporationSonicStagePackages" by default

Then to to go to "Optimized Files"

Or simply put, click on Start (at the lower left) -> Search: *.oma and tadam! :whatever:

Sorry to sound harsh, but marc don't need to spoon feed every single peoples around tongue.gif

You can't always rely on others...

This fellow MTL'er couldn't agree more...

*shakes head*

Coming soon to a HiMDRenderer program near you:

* A built in "Find .oma/.omg files" function  (will only be available to GUI version....)

I take all your comments seriously... I didnt know finding .oma files could be difficult for some people, so now im doing something about it.

SonicStage probably stores the current folder used for its files in the registry. All you probably need do is take that registry entry and tack /Hi-MD" to the end of it to get the default location SS uses. No searching required.

edit:

See HKLMSOFTWARESony CorporationOpenMGContentRootDir

Dear Marc,

[This is a fine mess you got yourself into... - answering this truckload of more-or-less stupid questions! :wink: ]

:grin: I installed SS 2.2 to replace 2.0 on my laptop. My library seems saved - .omg-recordings can be played.

But now, HiMDrenderer gives me the ERROR:

"Failed to connect source filter (omg_src) to dest filter (omg transform)" :wacky:

Could you clarify that for me?

I have my .omg-files on a seperate folder on the D: disk-partition.

Thanks & regards

Albin