Minidisc as removable storage

Rate this topic

CONFIQ

Is there option when i insert my MD,the MD will be like my virtual driver and i can use it like HDD? Actually is it possible to write in minidisc anything except omg? If i somehow add mp3 to minidisk will my MD-S1 be able to read mp3?

Heh, lot of questions be newbie smile.gif

I just hate hate hate OMG. I've disappointed in Sony couse they force they sucky format OpenMG. I didn't try with nero (as i've read here) couse i don't have it, but if i make .IMG and virtual drive will i be able to burn mp3 as they are and not to convert them?

Best regards

The S1 cannot be used as a data drive.

No NetMD recorder is useable as a datadrive AND no MD recorder can play MP3 natively.

If you want data storage, use a Hi-MD recorder.

You can store any file on Hi-MD but to actually listen ON the MD to the music on the disc, you have to use SonicStage to transfer first.

And SonicStage of course converts into Atrac.

I'm sorry being out of date but why the hell sony made those minidisks if i can't burn anything except omg? monopoly!

That's why i spend just 120$ for new S1, couse i can't do anything with it sad.gif

And why just after 5 years they introduce Hi-MD? What took it so long?

Nah i ask to much.... i've surfing net (including this forum) and i just refuse to understand that i've buy crap. I can't do anything with S1 exept listing to stupid Atrac.

I'm going to do some Yoga perhaps it will help smile.gif

well atrac isnt that bad...the only problem with it is drm and unless yer planning to upload personel recording then theres really no problem....however if you are then hi-md is where you should have gone, and you can record line in on the s1 for personnel listening so its not exactly crap, i had one a year ago and i loved that unit,

but if your that disgusted with atrac...even in sp mode then i suggest you just listen to plain uncompressed cds in cd players anyways.....