PSP Vs. Nintendo products

Rate this question

Snacks

Question

In my mind Sony has taken over the handheld gaming industry, and I believe everyone agrees with me. But Nintendo has always put out strong handheld consoles such as the "GameBoy Advanced SP" and "Nintendo DS". This last E3 was really kind to both of these nintendo handhelds. But my question is can the PSP hold onto the market, the way the Playstation has held onto the console market for so many years? We see that is more evident with the upcoming PS3. Is there a foreseeable comeback for Nintendo handhelds in the not so distant future?

8 answers to this question

from an outsiders perspective, that is i haven't owned a handheld since my atari lynx & sega game gear's died, if sony does the minimum required it will hold market dominance for quite some time.

the minimum req. is that it cntinue with firmware updates as required & makes a high no. of games avalible. i'd doubt nintendo will go away but they are relegated to sega's position imo, #2 but without the excellent third party games publishing status.

PSP is the clear winner over DS...hardware-wise. But if you really look at the upcoming titles, there are countless hits coming to DS. PSP, on the other hand, are getting ports and side-stories of the PS2 games. We wanna see original titles in the same league as Castlevania and Mario!

Yea Nintendo has been updating their handhelds but they have been around in the handheld game alot longer and just like any hardware they come out with better and improved versions. I'm sure in the not so terribly distant future there will be a bigger, better and probably cool looking silver psp2 lol :). Its my opinion that Nintendo will go the way of sega and be out of the handheld and console business. Once Nintendo starts losing the titles they will disappear.

I hope that doesn't happen. The chances are pretty slim that Revolution will beat PS3 in the next console wars. That makes 3 failed/mediocre Nintendo home consoles in a row, which will very likely trigger Nintendo to throw the tower and pull a Sega. On the other hand, Xbox 1.5..ahem, I mean 2, is already looking doomed. I don't wanna live in a world where Sony monopolizes both the home and handheld console markets.

I completely agree. From what it looks like though the only thing the xbox 1.5 *cough* I mean xbox 360 will have is the media, xbox live, and the easy integration with the version of windows "Vista". Sony will soon rule the world lol. I only hope we wont lose the titles that we have come to love from both Xbox and Nintendo. Who knows what will happen, only time will tell. It does look like that playstation3 will win this around especially if they can work up a better online experiance because Playstation Online is pretty lacking right now. Playstation Online couldnt pull off "Final Fantasy XI" which will now be re released on the Xbox 360 and Xbox Live.