SS 2.2 still trashes tracks

Rate this topic

dex Otaku

What exactly do you mean by trashing tracks? So far the only problem I've had is that it refused to transfer one of my tracks. It went thru the whole process but at the end there was no file saved in my music library. Very annoying.

I got the track in realtime/digital by just playing the track off the HiMD using SonicStage and directing the output thru a Virtual Audio Cable and recording it in Audacity.

So far the only problem I've had is that it refused to transfer one of my tracks. It went thru the whole process but at the end there was no file saved in my music library. Very annoying.

Exactly this is how it looks to the user.

I got the track in realtime/digital by just playing the track off the HiMD using SonicStage and directing the output thru a Virtual Audio Cable and recording it in Audacity.

You are lucky. Usually that refused track isn't playable afterwards. Not even standalone....

Thanks for the update Dex-

For me, this makes your real time upload method the only choice for material that just can't be lost.

I'll point out - it's not -my- method. People here had worked it out in theory before HiMD was even released to the public, and I simply wrote out some instructions on it.

Which is why I'm proud of this place [MDCF] - I tell people that yes, I bought into what is essentially an emerging technology, a risk investment-wise, yes - but people here already had a workaround ready to go before the format was even released.

Try uninstalling SS via the directions in the NetMD faq, and also making sure that you have the latest version from connect.com.

Beautiful just Beautiful.

Well I uninstalled it according to the FAQ and then installed the new version of SS 2.2 and now I don't have the rights to transfer any of my saved Atrac files. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Val

Nevermind guys....So long and thanks for the fish. mad.gif

I just gave up on this whole Hi-MD thing. Deleted SS again and all my saved Atrac albums. Gonna redo them all in MP3 and use a damn CD player.

Look for a bargain basement sale in the Classified section over the weekend for a Sony MZ-600D, about 100+ MD blanks, 7 Hi-MD blanks and I'll get a few pics of my Pioneer Elite Homedeck and update my ad already there.

Darrin

dex Otaku wrote:

Which is why I'm proud of this place [MDCF] - I tell people that yes, I bought into what is essentially an emerging technology, a risk investment-wise, yes - but people here already had a workaround ready to go before the format was even released.

:grin: I echo those warm feelings. This internet'community' made it possible to use my HiMD player the way I wanted to - where Sony almost lost another customer (Gosh, I do get irritated when I think of how they are supporting there clients!). I can now use my own mic-recordings, combine them with my photography and share them with friends through email.

mad.gif But I was close to Valder state-of-mind concerning HiMD! Very close. And back-on-thread, I had no serious SS crashes yet, but earlier I did report about a CD-player getting stuck using SS. And even the new CD-player in my laptop sometimes gives up using SS 2.X or SimpleBurner. :ohmy: Not reassuring.

Albin

I may give it one more try, but I did everything to get back my files and make SS recognize me as the owner but it didn't work. As far as my PC this is my Photo and music machine...pretty spartan as far as installed programs.

I never had a problem with the old Net MD and MP3s converted in SS.

Valder