Sonicstage won't start....

Rate this topic

CONFIQ

How to properly reinstall NetMD:

WARNING: If you use a Sony VAIO with preinstalled software provided by Sony or use other software developed by Sony, do not follow the procedure below.

1. Uninstall all OpenMG related software via the Add/Remove Programs control panel and reboot as necessary. This includes, but is not limited to, OpenMG 2.2, related 'Limited Patches' and the 'Secure Module', SonicStage 1.x/2.x, Simple Burner 1.x/2.x, and software by RealNetworks. Make sure that you unplug your unit before doing so.

2. If you run Windows XP/Windows 2000 Professional, proceed to delete the following directories: "Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataSony Corporation", "Program FilesCommon FilesSony Shared", "Program FilesSony".

3. Start -> Run -> regedit. The 'Registry Editor' utility should appear on your screen. Delete the references to OpenMG located under 'HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareSony Corporation' and 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareSony Corporation' by right-clicking on the entries.

4. Disabling any anti-virus software that is running in the background to free up some resources [if necessary]. Update your installation of Windows at Microsoft Windows Update (windowsupdate.microsoft.com). For Windows 2000 Professional users, you are recommended to upgrade to Service Pack 3 or later. Make sure that your unit is disconnected and install the latest build of SonicStage 2.x from Sony Connect/Sony Connect Europe. The drivers for Sony units will automaticaly be installed. (If you use a Panasonic or Sharp Hi-MD/NetMD unit, install your drivers before you install the actual software!) Restart if prompted to do so; if not, it is still recommended that you do so. Plug in your unit, and start SonicStage 2.x.

tried as you said...

uninstall all Sony programs, deleted all Sony files/folders and deleted all Sony entries in regedit and nothing helps...

I've tried SonicStage 2.2.0 and than again same "deep uninstaling" and fresh SonicStage 1.5.53 and it didn't help... :sleep:

I don't have a idea what to do next... Perhaps format my HDD?

I’m tormented

With each program that i try to burn my MD-S1 i get this problem:

I've try reinstalling and reuninstaling and nothing didn't help.

Did some of you guys had this problem and how did he solved it?

Even when i try to start my SonicStage 2.X it stops with same message.

I had that earlier this week. I removed a bunch of service packs and ended up with a machine that wouldn't boot. After reinstalling, I started installing Hotfixes one by one. The one that kills OpenMG/NetMD/Simpleburner/Sonicstage is Windows 2000 KB840987. If you're using Windows 2000 (or XP, not sure if the same patch applies to XP), DO NOT INSTALL KB840987. It relates to MS Security Bulletin MS04-32 iirc.

Later.

I also encountered the issues with the October 13 patches from Microsoft on Windows 2000.

I removed the sony software, then removed the following patches:

KB840987

KB841533

KB841356

After doing a lot of experimenting, I'm able to use all the MD software with KB841356 installed on Windows 2000 just fine. So, 840987 and 841533 appear to be the culprits.

Interestingly, after removing the patches there now is an ACPI issue with my Windows 2000 box not shutting down when a shut down command is given and instead restarting.

My other PC is Windows XP Professional SP2 and I have no issues with SonicStage 2.2, RealPlayer 10, or Simpleburner 2.