SonicStage Troubleshooting

Rate this topic

Lok

Hello folks how are you?

I have a huge problem with my SonicStage. Everytime I try to put songs in my Net MD (MZ-NF610) the program just shuts down for no reason. I get a message saying that there was an Eror & thats it. I tried "Cheking Out" the songs using RealOne but the result is the same, RealOne shuts down in the middle (most of the times it shuts down before it even starts converting) of the conversion. I did everything that was suggested in the FAQ thread, but still no luck. I know its not a problem with my MD because I have another MD & the same thing happens with that one as well. Please shed some some light on the whole situation because im beyond desperate, and i REALLY dont want to re-install windows again.

Thank you in advance.

user posted image

Welcome to the forums. A little information on your name: Lok, a planet in the Star Wars galaxy, is a planet that is rich in resources and was a major battlefield during the Clone Wars. Additionally, it is ruled by a crimelord leader named Nym. I spend quite a bit of time there in the game Star Wars Galaxies.

Anyway, I want you to uninstall via the directions in the NetMD faq again. That means getting rid of all Real products, all OpenMG, SS, etc. Do exactly what the uninstall says and then download the installer from connect.com.

Hello folks how are you?

I have a huge problem with my SonicStage. Everytime I try to put songs in my Net MD (MZ-NF610) the program just shuts down for no reason. I get a message saying that there was an Eror & thats it. I tried "Cheking Out" the songs using RealOne but the result is the same, RealOne shuts down in the middle (most of the times it shuts down before it even starts converting) of the conversion. I did everything that was suggested in the FAQ thread, but still no luck. I know its not a problem with my MD because I have another MD & the same thing happens with that one as well. Please shed some some light on the whole situation because im beyond desperate, and i REALLY dont want to re-install windows again.

Thank you in advance.

Uninstall MS Hotfix KB840987 through the "Add/Remove Programs" applet in Control Panel, then Sonicstage and Simpleburner should start working again.

It took me three reinstalls to find this out....

Later.

elo, since yesterdayI've got yhe same problem - actually such a problem with software means that my md is a trash..unfortunately this solution above doesn't work. I delated it and the problem has been still on. maybe you did also something else.. thanks anyway.. - desperate man..

@ kurisu, hehe you got me.

On Topic: I uninstalled all Real Networks, RealOne, and all Sony components yet nothing happened. I tried to look for MS Hotfix KB840987 but i don't have it in my PC. I have absolutely no idea where to go from here (please dont tell me to re-install windows).

thanks for your time.

finally - it works!!! smile.gif))) kurisu you're right I did EXACTLY what was in faq area..and this time I updated my XP - it was like 100 mb updates but it was worth. my sonicstage software works again but this time something happened with my internet explorer - actually it doesn't work anymore...now I'm using netscape - but this problem is not connected with MD forum's subject..

thanks anyway - you saved me - I'm impressed! Lok - good Lok!

haha congrats jasr, unfortunetly it didn't work for me yet sad.gif

in the FAQ thread it says to delete all the Real Network programs, can somebody please tell me what kinda real network programs are there except RealOne (forgive the newb). Because it's not in the Add/Remove programs, yet i can find references to Real Networks in the 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER & HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folders.

Also, i dont seem to have the MS Hotfix KB840987 in my "Add/Remove Programs" the only thing that is closly similar to it are:

Microsoft Data Access Components KB870669

Windows Xp Hotfix - KB834707

I tried to delete the Windows Xp Hotfix - KB834707 update, but it didnt work, I haven't tried to remove the Microsoft Data Access Components KB870669 yet.

ok Lok - last time I'm showing you how nice I'm. I'll describing escpecially for you what i did step by step.

1. I delated everything what was connected with sonicstage software, everything what contained "mg", "sony", "real", "jukebox", etc. by add/remove and manually

2.then I checked what updates (from microsoft) for windows (I use XP) are available - there was "service pack 3" or something like this. It was like 100 MB - I downloaded it.

3. restart your PC - enjoy fuckin' sonicstage - it works again - I've got 1.5 version and I didn't have to download newer version

that's the whole secret - I didn't have to delate anything else

after this my internet explorer fucked up..never mind..

:love:

IT WORKED

I love you people i really do. For some reason my windows update never found the service pack 3" to download. One it did, i did exactly as you said and it worked :grin:

Thanks again to all the people that helped, really appreciate it

Hi!

Long time reader, first time writer. Just recently i started having this same problem, so i followed the FAQ advice for windows xp, without upgrading to SP2 because of the horror stories i've read with regards to other programs not running correctly with it. Unfortunately it didn't work, so I followed philpem's advice and delted that Hotfix, which seems to be where the problem was.

Although I'm happy that SonicStage is working, I'd rather not have to delete windows updates to get it to work. Kurisu, do you think this is the only way around the problem? Thanks a lot for all your help, keep up the good work.

Ciao!