USB Sniffs of various MZ-NH1 actions.

Rate this topic

streaml1ne

Dudes,

A couple of comments:

* Kudos to weissi for organizing an SF project. If you can collate all the data we've collected on the forums regarding HiMD in one place, that will go a long way toward making this goal possible. I've been pretty frustrated with trying to keep track of everything on the forums - they just don't cross-index very well.

* Someone (I can't remember who) managed to get a debugger running that isn't detected by the 'DebuggerPresent' function and was posting some trace info a while back. It's worth a trawl through the forums to find out who/what/when.

* I'm certain that the ATDATA??.HMA file and the OMA files are encrypted with 3DES CBC. The trick though is figuring out how to derive the key from all the various data fields in the TRKIDX??.HMA and hidden blocks on the HiMD disc. Once you know that algorithm, everything should be pretty simple. Finding that algorithm though will be a chore. Don't even dream of trying to crack 3DES.

I don't have a lot of time for chasing this stuff these days, but I will be keeping an eye on it.

emeb

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Has nothing happened in the year and a half since the last posting, or has it been shifted somewhere else? Why has all this good work apparently suddenly stopped? What happened to the Sourceforge project?

Newer versions of Sonicstage made it possible to get any track off any device AND to convert these tracks to versions without DRM that you could play on any computer.

The reason this thread started was out of frustration that we couldn't do what we wanted with our own recordings. Now we can, so there is no need anymore to find a way to do it. I know things could be a lot better, but it takes way too much time to accomplish that, it's simply not worth the time.

Even if you would find a new way to get tracks on and off your HiMD, since there is no other way of playing OMA on a pc than installing Sonicstage, you have SS anyway, so why not use it...

Well, I think one good thing that could come from this kind of research is a Linux-compatible program.

Also in regards to playing OMA/OMG files. There is a WinAmp plugin that will allow you to play these files without SonicStage. I think it's in the downloads section here.

It allows you to play atrac3 files, NOT atrac 3+, and NOT atrac. This plugin only exists because Sony developed a software atrac3 codec years ago, I am pretty sure it is that code that the plugin uses.

Honestly, I don't think a Linux program will exist soon.

It allows you to play atrac3 files, NOT atrac 3+, and NOT atrac. This plugin only exists because Sony developed a software atrac3 codec years ago, I am pretty sure it is that code that the plugin uses.

Honestly, I don't think a Linux program will exist soon.

Actaully it does play Atrac3+. Try it out.

It does? Cool, I didn't know that.

Yeah I was a bit surprised myself when I tried and it worked. Overall the plugin isn't incredibly stable, and doesn't support tags or anything, but is a start I guess.

Also as far as good ol' standard Atrac, not sure if it would work. Really no way to get standard Atrac on PC to try it.