I can't transfer anymore...

Rate this topic

Co-T

i have a MZ-N707 and since a little while, i can't transfer any MP3 to my netmd. on openmg as soon as i try to import a song the program freezes and close and with real player, the first song of my list start to transfer but at 50% the program freezes and close. i tried to reinstall the whole thing but with no success. anyone could help me with this??? huh.gifhuh.gif

Welcome to the forums, Co-T.

How to properly reinstall NetMD:

WARNING: If you use a Sony VAIO with preinstalled software provided by Sony or use other software developed by Sony, do not follow the procedure below.

1. Uninstall all OpenMG related software via the Add/Remove Programs control panel and reboot as necessary. This includes, but is not limited to, OpenMG 2.2, related 'Limited Patches' and the 'Secure Module', SonicStage 1.x/2.x, Simple Burner 1.x/2.x, and software by RealNetworks. Make sure that you unplug your unit before doing so.

2. If you run Windows XP/Windows 2000 Professional, proceed to delete the following directories: "Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataSony Corporation", "Program FilesCommon FilesSony Shared", "Program FilesSony".

3. Start -> Run -> regedit. The 'Registry Editor' utility should appear on your screen. Delete the references to OpenMG located under 'HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareSony Corporation' and 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareSony Corporation' by right-clicking on the entries.

4. Disabling any anti-virus software that is running in the background to free up some resources [if necessary]. Update your installation of Windows at Microsoft Windows Update (windowsupdate.microsoft.com). For Windows 2000 Professional users, you are recommended to upgrade to Service Pack 3 or later. Make sure that your unit is disconnected and install the latest build of SonicStage 2.x from Sony Connect/Sony Connect Europe. The drivers for Sony units will automaticaly be installed. (If you use a Panasonic or Sharp Hi-MD/NetMD unit, install your drivers before you install the actual software!) Restart if prompted to do so; if not, it is still recommended that you do so. Plug in your unit, and start SonicStage 2.x.

A Windows Hotfix (KB840987) conflicts with Omgjbox.exe - if you are experiencing problems and do not need the functionality of the Hotfix, rollback the fix.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem. I tried instructions above, but those didn't help.

My Sonic Stage freezes when I'm trying to send mp3 files to my MZ-NH700. I also have NET-MD707 and the same problem. Omgjbox.exe uses all cpu time.

When I installed from the CD I did get with my MZ-NH700, the Simple Burner worked when I transfered music straight from the music CD, but Sonic Stage freezed with mp3s.

I hope somebody can help with this problem.

I have Windows XP Pro SP2 with all available updates.

Also next component are installed with Sonic Stage:

SonicStage : 2.2.00.09020

SonicStage Add-on for Connect : 2.2.00.08230

OpenMG Secure Module : 4.0.00.05270

MagicGate Memory Stick Device : 4.0.00.06170

NW-E2, NW-E3, NW-E5 and NW-E8P : 4.0.00.06170

OpenMG CD : 4.0.00.06170

CD Walkman : 4.0.00.06170

Hi-MD : 4.0.00.06170

Music Clip, NW-S4, NW-E7 and NW-E10 : 4.0.00.06170

HDWM : 4.0.00.06170

Net MD : 4.0.00.06170

EMD Plug-in: 1.1.0.84

Playback Plug-in : 1.0.0.53

CD-R Writing Module(ATRAC CD/Audio CD/MP3 CD) : 2.2.00.08230

Px Engine: 1.6.14.507

I installed another Windows XP to different hard disk with SP1 and now transfer works again.

Don't know if problem is in some windows updates or some other programs I have installed, but I think I will try to update that new XP also to SP and check if transfer works after that.

Hi all! I'm experimenting some issues when I want to transfer music files to my 505 unit. I've tried the original OpenMG 2.2, and also downloaded SimpleBurner and SonicStage 2. When my PC begins to send info to the NetMD unit -or importing files, the program (the three I've mentioned above) crashes and closes (error in omgjbox.exe). I've uninstalled all stuff several times, but I'm always suffering the same error.

Have you got any solution for this? It would be very appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks, Kurisu. I've WindowsXP with all updates, included the SP2. Celeron 1,6 Ghz laptop, 256 mb RAM, etc etc. It's a bit strange, because before my last disk format, all worked OK... well, not OK at all, because I did not find the OpenMG cd, and I installed several versions of SonicStage, and it didn't recognize my 505 unit...

... but with OpenMG all worked perfectly, and I had the same operating system, the same laptop computer, and the same updates (I've checked it a Microsoft). I did not know why I can run ANY NetMD transfer software in this computer.

Do you know if anybody had the same problem? Because I haven't any hope that this will be repaired... sigh...

Thanks for your time!

Here's update for my problem. Now have two WindowsXP installations. With the new installation file tranfer works fine and with older one omgjbox.exe freezes.

I updated the new installation with SP2 and it still worked. I uninstalled SP2 from older one, still freezes. Also uninstalled Norton SystemWorks from the older one, didn't help. Maybe I'll next try to unistall some other programs and see if it helps.

I'll be back. :smile: