Change location of "My Library," how?

Rate this topic

enriquez

Does anyone know how to change the location of "My Library" in SS 2.2?  I could only find the My Library Edit menu, not a way to select the location of My Library.  Thanks for any info,

_Scott

"Tools" -> "Options..." -> "Location to store recorded files"

This won't move existing files that are in the library though, new files are merely added to the new location instead of the old one.

My WinXP computer went in for repairs after its internal HDD crashed. The music library is on an external HDD. After retrieving the computer, I've reinstalled SS 2.2 but SS 2.2 will not see the music library on the external HDD. Short of running the SS 2.2 restore routine, is there anything which I can do to regain that music library in SS 2.2? Would it help to uninstall-install SS 2.2 with the library on the external HDD attached?

It's the same situation. The only place you can use the library is with either:

1) the installation of SS it was created with, or

2) any installation of SS, if restored from a backup created by SS on the originating machine [in which case it eradicates the library already on the machine being restored to, as well]

(2) is assuming you had a SS-created backup, of course, which you don't.

If a person has a SS 2.2 installation with which he produced a SS 2.2 backup music library on an external HDD, can the person change or upgrade the CPU and later gain use of that SS 2.2 backup music library on an that external HDD?

Thanks for the super information.