Hellos and Goodbyes

Rate this topic

Bananatree

thanks all,

quick update:

- have not yet got any job proposals in sight, but I'd like to continue with academic research and there might just be a slight chance it will happen rolleyes.gif

- but just to have a go at that long shot... I just gave away 2 months of leisure time and have just begun rewriting my thesis as a shortened academic paper blink.gif

- I will also be doing a student job transfering SP-recorded interviews to PC and transcripting them, but it is payed (by the uni) and it is for my girlfriend's PHD so I'm glad to help

- I will still be going away for a week (to Southern France) at the end of August cool.gif

- ...and I will still be going for some nice shows with my new stealth ph34r.gif set up (with many thanks to greenmachine for sending me some brilliant DIY stereo mics and a marvelous homecooked batt-box good.gif )

so I know what to do with my time but just to stay on topic (a bit tongue.gif ):

it's goodbye 'free time'

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

:(

goodbye to my paperweight (salt water soaked NH1), beautiful but not funcional,

:P

Hello to a new NH1 that I happened upon, shouls have it next week, happy happy joy joy,

can't wait to use new sonic stage, and to have portable music again, my 707 erases too many discs to be useable.

Bob

• 2 months later...

Sorry if this is not the right place to post about computer hardware.. but my old PC Chips motherboard went up in smoke today. It shall be missed as many MP3 and wavs were recorded to MD on it.

May you rest forever in the Hardware Pantheon, old MLR 810. Good times, bad times... we had them together. The way you always handled Phantasy Star Online and my emulated games will never be forgotten. Thanks for showing me that there's more than Intel out there in the market. You shall be forever missed, my first system ever. Curse the power supply that overloaded your delicate AMD processor and memory.

*respectful silence*

Abit IS7-E2, welcome. Many tasks await to be tackled. Show me what breaking the previously unknown (by me) 1Ghz barrier means. Your predecessor left a pair of big shoes to fill. Take me to other worlds, let's live new adventures. There is still so much that remains to be done.

*sniffles as he waves a final goodbye to his first computer, now silent and lifeless...*

im sorry syrius. i was just reading this topic and i think you and i have the same motherboard. its a great board. i have had mine for roughly 3 years now and it hasnt done anything wrong. i hope you get/got a new board. amd is a good company and i think i will be stickin with them for a long time. well sorry about the old post bring up but im just reading all the stuff here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello to my Third NH1!!! second on is off to the repair shop, hopefully it is reairable,number three is one of the Australian units by way off Fraesus and one of his ads in classifies, took a while to get here, package is pretty impressive, got spare parts, cables etc.

Also hello to a coffee shop my wife and I just opened here on Little Cayman, life is good

TTFN

Bob

:D:P:D

Are we talking coffee shop that sells coffee or coffee shop in the dutch sense? ;) Either way good luck with the venture and the new NH1.

Not sure about "in the Dutch sense" but we sell coffee, tea, cappucino. Latte, espresso and Cuban coffe, as well my wife makes her own ice cream, and different baked goods.

Will try to get a couple of pictures up in the next few days.

Take care and thanks,

Bob

Not sure about "in the Dutch sense" but we sell coffee, tea, cappucino. Latte, espresso and Cuban coffe, as well my wife makes her own ice cream, and different baked goods.

Will try to get a couple of pictures up in the next few days.

Take care and thanks,

Bob

Brilliant! Congratulations on your new venture! I will sure stop by for a cappucino if I ever visit the Cayman Islands. ;)

Well I recently said hello to a new RH-910. I really struggled with the decision to get an Ipod but decided to give USB transfers on MD a chance cause I want to hang on to the recording capabilities of MD.

The RH-910 sounds great but for generally the same amount of money spent on all three of the MD's I have owned, the plastic construction really makes it seem cheaper quality.

I figured the ability to transfer up and down digitally would balance out this negative. Unfortunately I have had so many problems with SS as a stable platform my enthusiasm of Hi-MD is really quashed.

I think this will be my last MD cause next time I'll be saying hi to flash memory or hard drive player.

I had to say Bye last summer to my Sharp Dr480 when an auto mechanic lifted it from the center console of my car. It was a sweet unit and the best one I have ever owned. I held out for 6 months waiting on Sharp to release a Hi-MD style recorder but finally gave in to the 910

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but what did you do your thesis on, Volta?

It's titled: "Are we being served? A critical analysis and evaluation of The Bg Read and Restoration as cultural participation enhancing television projects in a context of digitisation."

and it's about the possibilities of hybrid (mixing entertainment and serious content) formats on digital TV for enhancing cultural participation with the general public... it was written in Dutch and can be found online... I'm still planning to write a short summary in English sometime, but life's a bit too hectic right now

• 2 weeks later...

^_^ Quick transit via Royal Mail par avion. Almost hit the ceiling the first time I picked it up, weighs only 70g..

New in box incl. "Dockin' Style MD" as endorsed by Ayumi :lol:

Matsushita SJ-MJ50

IPB Image

Hi-MD PHOTO

• 2 months later...

lol. Uhh, camille hasn't ditched Apple. Just the Nano.

besides... you really have got to find a new hobby if 'someone ditching apple' would make you happy :lol:

in my life apple (my 12" G4 powerbook, my girlfriend's 12" G4 powerbook, my mom's 15" G4 iBook, my dad's 15" G3 powerbook, my friend's iPods: shuffle and 60gb's) get along just fine with all other brands (my NH900, 17" HP-Pavllion portable, external HDD used by almost all aforementioned computers,...)

just use what makes you happy

besides... you really have got to find a new hobby if 'someone ditching apple' would make you happy :lol:

^ Lol, my feelings exactly. (Btw, nice powerbook "collection.") And this is what makes me happy:

IPB Image

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hello to my brand spanking new RH1 (sorry I mention this again...but I have never been happier about a gadget in my entire life... well maybe with my G4 12" powerbook) and goodbye to the 60 gb video ipod I declined (I could have gotten this to use for free from work, but ...nah, rather enjoy my NH900 and RH1 :lol: )

hello to my brand spanking new RH1 (sorry I mention this again...but I have never been happier about a gadget in my entire life... well maybe with my G4 12" powerbook) and goodbye to the 60 gb video ipod I declined (I could have gotten this to use for free from work, but ...nah, rather enjoy my NH900 and RH1 :lol: )

do post your impressions on the Mac Software...that's the dealbreaker for me if i hope to get an RH1.

at this moment there is only the HiMD Music Transfer and HiMD Monitor...

- HiMD Music Transfer: works like a charm ... at least if one reads the instructions well, as you can only use HiMD recording mode and no previously recorded material (I believe, haven't checked yet). But for uploading correctly recorded material it works just fine!

- HiMD Monitor: I really dunno what this is... just discovered it as I looked up the name of the other program... I will try to check what this does a bit later, but I doubt it'll be shocking

- the long awaited MP3 -> HiMD software will only be ready somewhere this summer...

hey everyone. iv kinda returned to the forums. at least to browse them and check stuff out. im now running my own forums actually, with a website too. its not much of a site. right now its just a chat site, but later on, id like it to become a support site. just to help people with stuff. im still working on it. and i was going to put minidisc.org into the links section of the site. id like it to become pretty decent, but i dont know if that'll happen. time will tell :lol: anyway, just wanted to say hello to everyone!

heres the site

-brian

• 3 weeks later...

Haha, and from greg's black hd5, 'how you doin ms silver hd5?' lol.

my turn, i suppose its only a semi-good bye as its still alive. My r909 is sitting on the desk, i never use it as it sits on top of a jb980. Cant bring myself to sell it, cant imagine i;d get more than ten pounds as its got the odd dent on the corner.