Hellos and Goodbyes

Rate this topic

Bananatree

well I seem to keep popping in , cant stay away .

The house goes on ....... and on ...... and on

Houses are never ending, doing the roof on mine, one board at a time, can't afford a crew to come in, getting complaints from SU that it's not getting finished quick enough. Told SU if she can get it done quicker to have at it.

Good luck, and watch your back,

Bob

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 weeks later...

Hello to my TASCAM DA 30 MK.11 Dat recorder, just got it today, powered it uo (EBAY ad says it powers up and everything works!), got a couple of error messages, tape tray wouldn't come out, made noises, took the cover off, found a tape inside that wouldn't eject. Swore at the EBAY and similar GODS for geting a POS, tried a few trick up my sleeve, no eject, no manual with unit to see if I'm doing something wrong, seemed to have something keeping the mechanism from coming all the way up, looked closer, and saw part of the tray was movable, moved it forward, voila, eject. Now to try and figure the unit out, tried a recording, gauge moved, but no tape movement, playing with it this afternoon, what a beautiful piece of equipment.

Bob

saying goodbye tonight to my sister in law Dawn who passed away tonight after suffering a stroke a month ago. My wife and her brothers and sisters were there with her. By Dawn, have a good trip where your going

Bob

saying goodbye tonight to my sister in law Dawn who passed away tonight after suffering a stroke a month ago. My wife and her brothers and sisters were there with her. By Dawn, have a good trip where your going

Bob

my condolences bobt, sorry to hear of that.

we'll see her in a better place. :closedeyes:

Bob

Acts 24:15 , Bob , ......... This I believe , and trust .

• 2 weeks later...

A hello

when i moved to Japan , we had two refridgerator Boxes of stuff. 1 box was household , and 1 Box my gear ( Audio gear , effects processors, Tools for Guitar work etc)

The box that had my stuff was shredded and everything gone ,The box of Household stuff was unopened , 5 years ago

Today I went to Ishibashi music , One of my effects were in the Used section , a stereo compressor , serial looked familiar , and it had English owners manual with it .

I of course bought it on the spot ,................. I have one of my pieces of gear back .

Hello old friend ...... :drinks:

A hello

when i moved to Japan , we had two refridgerator Boxes of stuff. 1 box was household , and 1 Box my gear ( Audio gear , effects processors, Tools for Guitar work etc)

The box that had my stuff was shredded and everything gone ,The box of Household stuff was unopened , 5 years ago

Today I went to Ishibashi music , One of my effects were in the Used section , a stereo compressor , serial looked familiar , and it had English owners manual with it .

I of course bought it on the spot ,................. I have one of my pieces of gear back .

Hello old friend ...... :drinks:

nice to find, did you tell the shop it was yours? Maybe the rest will turn up!!

Have fun

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

This is the week of me getting things, firdt the addZest car MD deck, then yesterday afternoon I go out my front door, sit on my chair to tie my shoes, though I sat on the cat!, noticed a bag on the chair, open it up, a nice Toshiba DVD player, no idea where it came from, but will definately be an upgrade from my Emerson el-cheapo deck, then today friend came back on the island for a week, share a lot of interests, like a lot of the same music, etc, sadi he had a gift for me, usually brings me CD's or DVD's, gave me a full 80 GB IPOD, don't worry I'm not off to the other side, 7000 songs just to much to sort through, although it's been fun refinding some old gems. Now if I can figure out how to dump the springsteen, coldplay, and U2, will be a little better. Does anyone know if you need itunes to manage the thing, or can I do it from explorer or quicktime. Playing now through winamp.

Let's see what I get tomorrow!!

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Hellow everybody! I have read you for a while ago, but now I'm introducing me (it was time!)

I'm the proud owner of a mz-n710 and a mz-nh600, and I have to say I love both of them. I use my net-md at home, connected with my stereo, and hi-md who I'm out.

I bought my first md (the mz-n710 one) when it was fashion new here in Spain, years ago. Then the first mp3 player was being introduced and I had a bad time choosing between the two formats (I only knew a very little about md) but I choose wisely I and it serves me very well.

I used it mainly as a portable player, transferring songs from pc to md but recently I have begun to record with it live shows I have buyed in dvd (my dvd player has optical out) and I love it! It's great to discovered new jobs for my two machines :)

Now a friend of mine is going to Japan, so I have asked him to bring me lots (I mean lots) of blank md (both normal for net-md, and hi-md) and if there's luck, maybe a Rh10 (crossing my fingers. If not maybe I buy another mz-nh600 from this friends cause he bought it for her japanese girlfriend but she had another one and didn't need it, so it's fully new). Here in Spain md is almost goner but this way I'll have stock for some years.

Well that's all for now. I hope to talk with you a lot of yeas (then it will mean md will still stand alive) :thank_you2:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I cant put this in the " What have you just Bought " thread , but I was given an iPod 3G 40 GB model with no accessories at all , no cable , dead battery , wouldnt turn on .

The person , figured " well ,if you can fix it, so you can have it "

I Fixed it , New Battery in it , .... had to make a Firewire cable adapter , because you cant find them anywhere ( this models does not charge via USB it needs 12 - 30 volts firewire............... Go figure)

So two adapters made , It is at the moment charging directly off of my Solar Panel ( How cool is that !!!)

I have a huge amount of lectures , and Guitar lesson material , that will be perfect for this , My Audio stuff will remain .............. On MD !!!

Edited by Guitarfxr

• 1 month later...

Hello to a coupe of neat finds at the dump today, I go with stuff, and come back with more, first, I say an old interesting leather case, looked closely, an old pair of binoculars, cleaned the up a bit, on the end, says made in occupied Japan, company, Magna 7X50, no focus adjustment, just eye correcttion, very clear, next, a little farther down, a Hanimex Amphibian 35MM underwater camera, put batteries in it, wants to wind, will put some film in it tomorrow, see what happens.

Amazing what people throw out.

Bob

Hello to a coupe of neat finds at the dump today, I go with stuff, and come back with more, first, I say an old interesting leather case, looked closely, an old pair of binoculars, cleaned the up a bit, on the end, says made in occupied Japan, company, Magna 7X50, no focus adjustment, just eye correcttion, very clear, next, a little farther down, a Hanimex Amphibian 35MM underwater camera, put batteries in it, wants to wind, will put some film in it tomorrow, see what happens.

Amazing what people throw out.

Bob

You should see what ends up in the Japanese Garbage ,....... unbelievable at times . Only people are to reserved to take it from the Garbage , that will soon change though I think.

"The Times , they are a changin " indeed they are

You should see what ends up in the Japanese Garbage ,....... unbelievable at times . Only people are to reserved to take it from the Garbage , that will soon change though I think.

"The Times , they are a changin " indeed they are

I would love to be there on "Garbage Day", I've heard stories, would be fun, don't know how I would bring it all back, would probably have to move there so I could enjoy it all??

Bob

You should see what ends up in the Japanese Garbage ,....... unbelievable at times . Only people are to reserved to take it from the Garbage , that will soon

Dumpster diving is what it's usually called over here stateside. Most often it is illegal but yes, it is unbelievable what people throw in the trash that can be salvaged.

A year ago, I picked up a 2GHz desktop from the dumpster.. fully working.

Dumpster diving is what it's usually called over here stateside. Most often it is illegal but yes, it is unbelievable what people throw in the trash that can be salvaged.

A year ago, I picked up a 2GHz desktop from the dumpster.. fully working.

got to love that, I've got a couple here, put two or three together to make 1.

Have a good one

Bob

It is 2009 ...... and I have had to take stock of things in my life ( Health and other issues ) and I wont be Salvaging MD's for the board anymore . Neither the means or the time

I have enjoyed the boards , but , I have just too much stuff to do , not enough time to do it , and as I stated on the Salvage post

" The scene of the world is changing " and so must I

Goodbye to the MDCF , have a great 2009 ........ I hope .

Thx for the friends I made here some of you I even got to meet .

Bob T ,we will stay in touch by email .

TC

well I seem to keep popping in , cant stay away .

The house goes on ....... and on ...... and on

i (rayzray) had read that you were leaving - it's a think we all reach once in a while - and you have to do what you have to do - you will be missed - but i see you popped in - as i do once in a while -

sometimes you just have to visit places you've been just to say hi -

i will be listening to my Andrea Vollen...... what ever his name is spelled - and also my irradic stuff- as you will be listening to your stuff - nuff said - bye for now -

Ray of the Rayzray Empire !!

• 2 months later...

I just scored a "like-new" MZ-R50 on ebay for 30 euros, with battery and AA adapter.. I'll let you know how it is when it arrives! I already have an R50 but for the price, I couldn't resist. I guess this way I can pass songs between MDs without having to go through the computer, which is nice.

Still looking for an MD player with internal AA for when I'm on the move though, these R50s are huge with the battery pack and a sony LIP-8 replacement costs 70 euros(!)

• 2 weeks later...

Say all hi to my second hand but still much loved n710!!!

I have another n710 (the first md I had), a silver one, and loved this little machine. It has (for me, at least) a great sound, and it's comfortably placed in his dock connected to my hi-fi equipment, working as my desk machine.

Some months after I buyed it, one of my best friends saw it, fell in love and buy a blue one. But his love last some months (not a md problem, just he's one of those got always tired of all he buys) and it was lost in oblivion.

I few weeks ago, while I was searching for a new net-md recorder, I was talking with my friend about it,and he says: "well, I still have mine. It's in a drawer. If you want it, I will give you for free. It's only taking space". :huh:

Well, as you can imagine, I only last one second in shouting "YES!!!!".

And after a few days, it's now with me, at a very md-loving home (well, I loved thema lot :P), and working perfectly. Really, it has a minor problem: jack connector fails a few if you moved the jack of the phones when it is pushed fully into, deafing the right one. But connecting the jack carefully it works perfectly, and given it is for desk playing, it's unlikely it moves a lot, so no problem!!!. Since last friday I have working it marvelouslly. :D

Well, I'm proud of rescueing a poor md recorder from the dark depth of a drawer. I hope it is a happier one again ;)

Edited by Taliesin

I'm likely going to be kind of back to it, as after a long journey by car (>1000km), my girlfriend & I have discovered that the iPod, iPod car radio interface and car radio doesn't satisfy our listening habits very much, being more listeners of one album at a time and appreciating the break in between, either silence for a while, or carefully choosing another album.

The iPod solution just plays the albums all after each other, which isn't always very pleasant or wanted, depending on our mood and the genres of music available.

Unless I discover that the Alpine car radios which supposedly have better iPod integration are able to play one album only at a time if wanted, I'll be mounting another Sony car radio + Connects2 interface + Hi-MD Walkman set up in her car.

That is good news Wizard!

Talking about car audio, I'm very satisfied too, with my "Sony car radio + Connects2 interface + Hi-MD Walkman ". But still Connects2 interface goes harder to find (discontinued?), do you think these sony car units will be compatible with HiMD trough USB (Specifications say it will play ATrac files (OMA) from atrac walkman devices"trough USB!):

http://www.sony.fr/product/ica-in-car-usb-...=TechnicalSpecs

Edited by garcou

They say atrac walkman compliant, but not with Md , the first original Atrac device!

Shame on you, SONY, SHAME ON YOU!!

Edited by garcou

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody!!!

I would like to welcome my last adquisition to the MD world. Not a second RH10 ( <_< ), not my third N710...This time I welcome...my girlfriend!!!! :lol:

After her mp4 integrated battery decides it had been a long way and reduced its life to and hour and a half with each charge, and given change it is very expensive (and this isn't an ipod, just a woxter one) she asked me to search for another one, but this time that uses removable batteries (mainly AAA type). She only wants hear music in it, not watch videos nor anything else, and she never had been very exigent in sound quality, so some time ago it would have been a easy task: just buy one of that mp3 with the form and size of an AA battery.

But noooo, now all you can find (at least here in Spain) are mp4 from all brands very similar (suspecly similar) to an ipod.

Then I think it was a good time to try once again what I have been tried before: introduced her in MD World. And guess what? This time works!!!! It was in part by azar, given her mp3 begin to fail when we were on holydays and the only player she had access to was one of my MD: a Nh600 Hi-MD. She tried and recognize inmmediately the sound quality, and values the use of AA batteries wich she can change easily and use rechargables ones. After two days of use, she was in love!! From then, installing SonicStage in her Laptop and convinced her to begin to convert his music collection (now in mp3) to atrac (well, compromising me to do it from her and mine cds ^_^) was sweetly. And I would like to remark that shows her HI-MD renderer to convert from atrac to other formats in case she needed was a great step.

Now my second NH600 is not longer mine, but hers :P And I have buyed two MC33EL remotes, one for her and another one just in case.

So she has discovered the power of MD quality and we have another one in the sect I mean in the group ;)

PD: now, if I can get she looks MD-buy as investments for both of us <_<

• 1 month later...

R.I.P Sony TC-D5M , Passed May 15 aprox. 8:35 AM Japan Time . Died from critical Heart Failure , Flywheel Motor circuitry and irreplaceable parts .

The Legend of Audio Capture , and Endeared Partner to News Reporters , Wildlife Recordists , Concert Tapers , Audiolphiles and Studio Rats alike.

The Last of the Analogue Wonders , And wonderment of construction and Hand wiring , The Last of true Care of what was being made .

You will be sorely missed , and Fondly remembered .

TC-D5M-01.jpg

R.I.P Sony TC-D5M , Passed May 15 aprox. 8:35 AM Japan Time . Died from critical Heart Failure , Flywheel Motor circuitry and irreplaceable parts .

The Legend of Audio Capture , and Endeared Partner to News Reporters , Wildlife Recordists , Concert Tapers , Audiolphiles and Studio Rats alike.

The Last of the Analogue Wonders , And wonderment of construction and Hand wiring , The Last of true Care of what was being made .

You will be sorely missed , and Fondly remembered .

TC-D5M-01.jpg

oh my

sad ...

said goodbye to my HP Pavillion, combination of many bads caused it ti kick the bucket, which is why you haven't seen as much of me in the last few weeks, get occasional use of S.O,'s laptop, and Blackberry is great for viewing, but just not quite right, but hopefully hello to an Acer Aspire 3201 something that should be arriving sometimes next week, plug in the hard drive from the old puter, and hopefully good to go

Bob