NW-E400/500/A600 Display Screen with MONOmation studio FS v1.0.6

Rate this question

minimonk

Question

As for .hel files, you will need to use MONOmation studio FS v1.0.6. The software is free and you can obtain it [here] if interested.

:ol_dead: Anyone know how to set the width and height of the animation in MONOmation? Or do I just need to work in the top left (120x36) area, so that it will fit on the E507's screen?

Thanks!

Edited by Ishiyoshi

30 answers to this question

Were you able to utilize MONOmation with ease?

Well, it wasn't much easier than befre when all the menu items were appearing as question marks. I kind of go by the shortcut letters that appear in the menu to guess what the commands are. There are not that many and the application is pretty easy to figure out, especially if you have used a variety of web animation software like Flash, Director, ImageReady, etc...

Either way it is nicer to have the Japanese text display correctly for learning purposes. I haven't made any nice screens for the E507 yet, but when I do, you know I'll be posting them here first!

Well, it wasn't much easier than befre when all the menu items were appearing as question marks. I kind of go by the shortcut letters that appear in the menu to guess what the commands are. There are not that many and the application is pretty easy to figure out, especially if you have used a variety of web animation software like Flash, Director, ImageReady, etc...

Either way it is nicer to have the Japanese text display correctly for learning purposes. I haven't made any nice screens for the E507 yet, but when I do, you know I'll be posting them here first!

Since you do not have a Japanese OS, run the utility with Microsoft AppLocale; all its UI will then be displayed properly.

As soon as I receive the Azure Blue E507, I will try creating some animation as well.

While trying to convert ".hel "file into".nwm" file ,U might get a message(who have old windows xp {my is 2001}) LIKE"16 BIT MS-DOS SUBSYSTEM" or u will not be able to open it all which can solved by downloading some DOS files or Go to microsoft site(which is very iiritating ) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;324767 or by downloading (win xp) file from http://www.whiteestate.org/cdrom/16-bit.asp (Basically i have forgotten the url from where i got new command.com file which i replace in window32 folder & then i copied that file to where hel2nwm.exe & monofs were installed).

But now i`m able to create a new screen for my Network walkman ,which looks really nice

Thanx

Feel free to ask any questions regarding that dos problem......

Note u may also find command.com.Autoexec.nt,Config.nt files in ur windows xp cd but they will not solve ur problem

Edited by Stuge

Hi!

I've just tried making my own display animations, and managed to convert all the nrm files etc successfully, but can't find the correct folder on my E405 to put them into.. The only folders available seem to be NWWM (in which there are only the files BRWLIST.DAT and FNOTABLE.DAT) and OMGAUDIO.. Any ideas?

Thanks!

CAN ANYONE HELP ME HOW CAN I CREATE A MOVING SCREEN(LIKE BUBBLE OR AQUARIUM{GIVEN BY SONY)?

look in the posted tutorial, it shows u how to create a new frame, u need to create the animation frame by frame (although it says a max of 20, i managed to use 40 and it works fine... maybe its skipping some but its not noticeable)

now a question, is there any known way to input player data into the displays? for example the clock2 is based on the actual time, and the rest of the display screens actually feed data off the songs or whatnot to create their screens... is there any way to feed off the data for the custom screens?

btw, an idea, we should have a section in the downloads for custom made display screens, would likely add quite a bit of participation in it :ol_biggrin:

Edited by Yoni45

btw, an idea, we should have a section in the downloads for custom made display screens, would likely add quite a bit of participation in it  :ol_biggrin:

That's a good idea. If you guys have any you wished to share, drop me a pm with your attachment - preferably with screen captures of your display screen and of course a short description about it.

look in the posted tutorial, it shows u how to create a new frame, u need to create the animation frame by frame (although it says a max of 20, i managed to use 40 and it works fine... maybe its skipping some but its not noticeable)

:

Thanks Yoni I will again read the Tutorial page & I will try to find out where i have been making mistake ..

alright, now that i have a bit more time heh...

2nd blue button from the left hand side moves onto the "next frame" (for example, 4 frames total, ur on frame 2, it'll move onto frame 3), or it creates a new frame if ur on the last frame (for example, 4 frames total, ur on frame #4, it'll create a new frame, #5)... using the bar on the top u can move through the frames one by one... 40 frames lasted about 3-4 seconds on the player...

alright, now that i have a bit more time heh...

2nd blue button from the left hand side moves onto the "next frame" (for example, 4 frames total, ur on frame 2, it'll move onto frame 3), or it creates a new frame if ur on the last frame (for example, 4 frames total, ur on frame #4, it'll create a new frame, #5)... using the bar on the top u can move through the frames one by one... 40 frames lasted about 3-4 seconds on the player...

i've figured out the last 2 blue buttons. The 2nd from the right deletes the current frame, and the farthest right adds another frame. I've also figured out that you can have no more than 80 frames.

**guess that wasn't the last edit

I've got one for you guys, should look like a slower version of kirby.gif.

http://funandboring.com/MySPC/kirby3.nwm is where you can get it, feel free to put it up on this site if you want. I'm going to put a section up on my site (funandboring.com) with all the animations i will make. I have SO many ideas.

Edited by rush68