What's your favorite PSP game?

Rate this question

Christopher

Question

Puzzle Bobble Pocket gobbles up all my PSP's battery life since I've gotten it. No other game has had a chance. :\ *sniff*

I imported that one and got it a few weeks ago...Wish I could read the manual. :) Thankfully the menus feature at least partial english...shame there is/was no US release date for it.

I'm dying to get my hands on Burnout and GTA this fall...

Oh! And Namco Museum! Forgot about that one! Since we can't homebrew MAME w/ 2.0, it's the next best thing!

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/257155.asp

Edited by number9

I got my PSP Tuesday, with two games. Lumines was a mandatory part of the bundle and i got Ridge Racer as my option.

I would never have bought Lumines separate and i only got that particular bundle as the PSP was only in stock at Comet, however, I'm glad I got it.

Totally addicted to Loo-means (or is it Loo-min-ess :ol_blankstare: ) I see blocks when i close my eyes....

Nice.

I have grown to adore Madden 2006 and World Series of Poker (texas hold 'em, etc), both infrastructure. Very entertaining.

Here's an interesting tidbit: If you employ WPA encryption with your wifi router, and play a game that was made before firmware v2 and is infrastructure, it will not be able to support WPA. The reason is that a game doesn't draw it's wireless info from the unit (in terms of what it can support) -- it draws from what was programmed as an acceptable option in the game. When trying to access WPA in World Series of Poker, it is dimmed out.

I really have been enjoying my PSP! I now have a few games: Lumines, Wipeout Pure, Tony Hawk's Underground 2, and Infected.

I've been using the following software to get audio and video onto it: SonicStage 3.3, PSP Media Manager 1.0, DVD Decrypter, AutoGK, and PSP Video9, and Image Converter 2 Plus.

I bought a Logitech case, and I use various headphones with it (hate the stock ones).

I only have 1 game too, Taiko no tatsujin portable. The great thing is Namco provides downloadable extra songs. :) Also, the game has game sharing, so I can play with my friends wirelessly, no extra game UMD required.

Damn, have you guys played Pursuit Force already? It's a difficult game, but it's really one bloody hell of a PSP game. I think it has best graphic and game play experience ever on PSP, no kidding, cuz many popular titles like GTA, SECOM, KOP, all lack in graphic, and some other stuffs.

If you don't know by now as an action game lover, you won't want to miss jumping on and off vehicles in slow montion like the focus in Matrix, and shooting at the same time...

The game I currently play the most is Virtua Tennis: World Tour. I think it's really good for when you don't have very long to play.

I also love Twisted Metal: Head-On (infrastructure) and X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse (solo and co-op with a friend).

I've thoroughly enjoyed playing my demo disc and beta disc of Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror. I'm looking forward to buying this when it comes out.

I also like the demo disc of Daxter, a very good platformer with some interesting extra modes.

Oh yeah, WipEout Pure is awesome too, like others have already said...

Other PSP games I have and like:

Namco Museum Battle Collection

Pinball Hall of Fame... I'm not a pinball expert, but I think it's a fun game

Star Wars: Battlefront II... it's ok, except I was disappointed with the limited co-op modes

How is Exit? I thought it looked really cool, but then IGN's review was disappointing.

I'm currently playing Boku no Watashi no Katamari Damacy and Bleach: Heat the Soul 2. The Katamari game is the best PSP game I've encountered so far. It has the right combinations of solid game elements and it's plain hilarious. The Bleach game is ok but nothing special. It gets extra points since I'm a fan of the anime.

Just bought PoPoLoCrois. I can't believe it is so hard to find this game. This game was released some time ago, and my local BB just stock about 2 of them a couple days ago. Forget other retailers, they never have the game in stock, ever. Another sucky thing about PSP in the US, games availability. With UMD movies going south, the least Sony can do is to take care of the games, but no.

Anyway, just starting up to level 10. The annoying thing about PoPoLoCrois is the loading time. I just can't stand hearing the lens noise of the PSP going back and forth, even for simple things like going to the map screen.

Worms Open Warfare:

705017m.jpg

A fun game if a little limited in single player mode, also it's a shame it doesw not support infrastructure mode, oh well only paid £20 for it anyway. :D

I much prefer worms world party, even if it wouldnt show off the graphics of the psp in the slightest, too bad i havent seen that game for psp.

Ys: Ark of Napishtim.

Not my favorite but an enjoyable game that brought me back to old school console action RPGs. I was a huge fan of the original Ys so this was nice.

HOWEVER!

I don't know how they let this game out of the studio as it is. The load times on this title are horrendous beyond belief. I suspect my poor PSP's drive mechanism lost a couple years of life just getting through the game. Every time you enter/exit any area (and there are a lot) if takes anywhere from 30-90 seconds just to load the next scene. The worse is when you step into a new area and begin your 1.5 minute wait. Of course you probably lose focus during this time and get attacked immediately upon entering the new area and get pushed back to where you came from. Uh oh...another 1.5 minute wait. Now you go back and you've wasted nearly 5 minutes. Imagine that you'll have to go through areas time and time again since these games are notorious for making you backtrack and you can imagine the pain. The game itself isn't graphically challenging so one has to wonder why they couldn't cache more than one area at a time.

Other than that, the game's story is decent and the cutscenes are nice. The music was ok...nothing beats the original Ys Book I & II soundtrack.

Up next...finishing Bleach: Heat the Soul 2 (now that Heat the Soul 3 is coming out) and then looking for a new game to play other than the LocoRoco “ロコロコ" demo (which I play over and over again in search of getting a perfect score).

Thanks, I know LocoRoco wants me to upgrade to at least firmware 2.7 (which I in general don't want because of my homebrew bomberman arena). How about Golf and Katamari?

"Hot Shots Golf" needs at least PSP firmware 1.5 and I believe "Me & My Katamari" will run on PSP firmware 2.0.

Ok, starting with The lemmings .. I'd prefer another control-option (analog stick to select lemmings, left/right/up/down to move screen ... just vice versa of what is the case) - the rest is well done :)

Is it possible to change those extra-levels? I have a japan-psp, can't register at yourpsp.com and can't download those levels :unsure: