Mp3 File Manager Version 2.0

Rate this topic

Ishiyoshi

I know there's some interest in Sony's Mp3 File Manager among users within this forum. So, I took the liberty to copy and paste over relevant discussion of Sony's Mp3 File Manager Ver. 2.0 from our sister site, MDCF. Discuss accordingly.

NOTE: If you missed it, the download link is pinned in the Software section of the forum since July 21, 2005 --> click here

This works on my HD1! It is a nifty little program. A couple of things I have noticed is that if you just drag the mp3's over it will put them in the nearest folder. For organizational purposes I would recommend dragging over the mp3 in folders. I also wish there was id3 tagging support in the software.

Anyway thanks for the program and info.

That's brilliant. Thus far, we can confirm that this utility will work with the NW-HDx and NW-E10x/40x/50x series.

tried this with the RH10.. sadly not working.. anybody else tried it with any 2nd gen Hi MD??

This utility will not work with Hi-MD units. It’s a Network Walkman exclusive.

Just installed the software on my HD5 and uploaded some files. With every file I get a long line of UUUUUUUUUUUU for album, artist, track title, and Bebon for genre  :blink: Interesting... probably malfunctioned a bit cause I was pulling files from the HD5's storage area into the audio block.

Launched the app and I was quite shocked to see folders arranged by upload, ie. files uploaded together are in the same folder, no matter how many ID3 tag edits they go through afterwards. So group/album is still the basis of Sony's file management... the artist/genre/playlist are just metaphors like, well, the desktop.

I remember this app started life on Sony's first MP3-native flash players (the mid-life revision of the E75/95 etc for Europe/Japan that added native MP3 playback). Good to see it's still available... very attractive app for an E107 *drool*

You get the UUUUUU if the mp3's aren't tagged.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, it worked fine for me.

What you need to do is go to the directory that the files are copied to when you install it (Program files/sony/MP3 File Manager)

Copy them to the VAIO Pocket, in a directory such as \MP3FM, and then run it from there.

Works perfect, but unlike SS, it copies to the groups folder as the folder is named when you transfer, and it won't say the artist under the group name.

And no pictures are transferred through the tags, which kinda sucks for me.

So I guess I stuck with sonicstage...can't believe I did that though.

Actually, it worked fine for me.

What you need to do is go to the directory that the files are copied to when you install it (Program files/sony/MP3 File Manager)

Copy them to the VAIO Pocket, in a directory such as \MP3FM, and then run it from there.

Works perfect, but unlike SS, it copies to the groups folder as the folder is named when you transfer, and it won't say the artist under the group name.

And no pictures are transferred through the tags, which kinda sucks for me.

So I guess I stuck with sonicstage...can't believe I did that though.

Thanks for the clarification.

• 1 month later...

Hei All!!

Just wanted to say that the Mp3 Filemanager also works with HD5.

But HD5 cannot see the "Groups". The Mp3s are just listed in "Albums" like they have in the ID3 Tag.

So ok if you have well taged mp3s!!

Have fun!!!

tom

Hei!!

I thought that too!!

But i tried to bring some MP3s in my HD5. How to change the Order of playing in the MP3Filemanager? Is it possible?? I tried to move it simple but nothing happens in the player....

I think this is only readable for the Flash players!!

So the HD5 cannot see this Groups?? Hows it with the order?

Please help!!

Thanks

Tom

• 2 months later...

MP3FM has (to this point) worked really well with my NW-HD5, and certainly eases the SonicStage pain.

However, when I've tried to drag and drop a couple of fairly large single mp3 files recently (70+MB) it seems to DRM encode and transfer them as normal, but then the files do not play...They're visible in MP3FM's display screen and on the player, but when I play the file the timer stays at 00:00 or just jumps around, with occasional bursts of static rather than the track playing.

Weird.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

2. As MP3 File Manager is installed directly to the device, how do I "uninstall" it? Can I just delete it from the device in Windows Explorer?
Yes,You can delete it from player via windows Explorer

I recently installed this on my HD5... since then the player keeps crashing randomly

1. Is this because I installed MP3 File Manager?

Can you please elaborate that ....

Do you get any error message in Sonic stage or anywhere?

MP3 files manager has nothing to do with it .

Edited by Stuge

The PLAYER is crashing, not anything on his computer, it sounds like. He's wondering if the MP3 file manager could be causing the crashes.

Try deleting it and see if your player becomes stable again. How often does it crash?

Yes,You can delete it from player via windows Explorer

Can you please elaborate that ....

Do you get any error message in Sonic stage or anywhere?

MP3 files manager has nothing to do with it .

Thanks for the reply. Didn't get any error message at all. It just froze up mid-song and I had to take the battery out. I've had it for 6 months now, and this has happened twice this week, but never before.

Thanks for the reply. Didn't get any error message at all. It just froze up mid-song and I had to take the battery out. I've had it for 6 months now, and this has happened twice this week, but never before.

There might be some shocks that player might have received during play,I think so

But if that happens again & again then you must contact Sony service station..

The PLAYER is crashing, not anything on his computer, it sounds like.  He's wondering if the MP3 file manager could be causing the crashes.

Try deleting it and see if your player becomes stable again.  How often does it crash?

I've had it for 6 months now, and this has happened twice this week, but never before.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me why we should be installed MP3 FM on the portable device?

As you can see on my profile I use a VP not that it matter.

I am confused as to why it should be installed on the device as opposed to the PC. Do we need to have it installed on both the PC and portable audio device (PAD)?

Thanks

As you can see on my profile I use a VP not that it matter.

I am confused as to why it should be installed on the device as opposed to the PC. Do we need to have it installed on both the PC and portable audio device (PAD)?

Thanks

bump :unsure:

MP3 files manager IS FOR THOSE WHO DOESN`T WANT TO USE Sonic Stage to transfer their mp3`s to their network walkman .I don`t know about VP as such because i don`t have but on other network walkman(like HD3,HD5,E507etc) you can`t run songs just by dragging & dropping the songs via Windows Explorer without using Mp3file Manager

When you run the Setup of Mp3 file manager it automatically detects the "removable drive " & install the mp3 file manger their but you can still copy the folder of mp3 file manager from your network walkman & it still works .Also Mp3 files manager can be used on any computer to tranfer songs & it will not even ask you to format your device .