What have I done?

Rate this topic

Royle23

Ok so I deleted all my music from my hard drive by mistake. So I tried uploading it from my mini-disk. So I went into transer mode and selected all the songs on the Hi-MD, I clicked the arrow towards My Library. After a while it said I had all the tracks in my Library, but if I played them it gave me an error saying it wasn't on my hard drive. Also, it deleted all the music from the Hi-MD. What have I done? Any help is greatly appreciated although I fear it looks like its time to rebuild my music Library.

you will have to rebuild.

unless using a special uploading converter [see marcnet's or sony's own] transferring song from the MD to the computer is only transferring the rights to play the song [for songs with limits] back to the pc. this means the copy on the disc is deleted, not transferred.

You never "transfer" music back to your computer; when you check-in music from your recorder to the computer, you are resetting the transfer rights (this is very rare now, since the new 2.x sonicstage most songs have unlimited transfers to minidisc) and you are deleting the song from the minidisc. Unfortunately, you will have to rebuild. Songs bought from connect can be downloaded again free of charge.

OK, transfering back, is not mean, putting music from yer MD to yer HD, its a fancy way of SS saying delete everything on yer HI-MD

Transfering back to SS = Deleting yer music not transfering back to your HD

its a stupid thing that sony has, if the music is not on yer pc transfer back will not put there, this is part of the drm, to prevent people from copying from hi-md to another computer

sorry you fell for that missunderstanding, yes you must rebuild, make sure to use the SS backup tool, and update it frequintley, to help prevent this from happening again