Entering Service Mode On A Hi-MD Player

According to kurisu, MDCF will provide all 1st and 2nd generation service manuals shortly.

Hi,I'm new here and i found a lot of interesting talks about tweaking MDs configurations.Can somebody tell me in very simple way about tweaking MZ-N10 model?Can the tweak make it better than it is now?

When i enter in service mode i see:

Ver 1.600

What i need to push more that i can see all default settings one by one.

I change my pc before and now i have problem in checking in songs from my MD to PC.I try to use Real Media player but it brings me error that your songs must be queued and i don't find any info how to do it.Any sugestions how to transfer my songs to pc from MD in digital way w/o loosing the quality?I can use Line In option but it's not digital sad.gif WMP 10 don't want to see my MD at all sad.gif I try to add a new device but WMP opens Internet page which offers to buy new MP mad.gif

Help needed.

Thanks in advance rolleyes.gif

Edited by mafija

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody. I'm trying to figure out how to remove the European volume limitations on my MZ-NH600. I read at: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184051 that you can do it through the service menu, to an NW-HD3 EU Model, so surely you can do it to the others.

I found a place for all of you, that sells service manuals for pretty much everything. I just bought the manual for mine. I'll see what happens.

The URL is: http://www.getmanual.com/

Edited by heloo

Hey guys and anyone still looking at this thread. First off, thanks for the service manual for nh600d. I am researching into doing a upgrade to my nh600d to a nh600 (basically just adding the line in and dc in. I opened up my nh600d for inital inspection and found the necessary socket holes for the parts are made on the mainboard. I have been looking thru the sevice manual for the nh600d and it seems that the chip has a mic in/line in on the chip just not inuse. I having trouble looking through the manual to see if in fact the necessary chip section is connected to the line in holes on the main hole, Would anyone know if it is? and also the dc in? and if holes for the line in and dc in are connected to the board and just require finding and soldering the appropriate parts (it would silly if it was that easy). Is there a value in the service mode of the nh600d to make the download button the rec button as it is in the nh600? Sorry if thats alot of questions and maybe even confusing. I have a thread made for this http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=10497. And for the ppl wondering why I would bother with it, if the ports are cheap and I can upgrade it easily then I don't need to buy another unit for recording and other ppl with a nh600d can get more use out of their cheap low end nh600d. Thanks everyone and anyone who helps me out. [attachmentid=351]

post-9890-1118252905_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My first post tongue.gif

Been reading this and I must say, Im impressed so far

I love my MZ-NH600 European, but for some reason, it seems to take 90seconds - 2 minutes to load an almost full Hi-MD into SS. Is this normal?

Anyway, if ANYONE can unlock MP3 playback somehow, help me fix that minor problem (playing is fine, it says 6 seconds on SS 3.2 but then just hangs before loading normally) OR even help me boost sound output (I might have a piss about myself, 600's are only £60 to buy, so it's not like Im arsed if mine breaks)

Edit :

Found this

Type in the code

Press up

Press up x 3

Press >> till "115"

Press V+ till last 2 digits are CC

Press group x 5

You should see "VolMax CC"

Maybe someone can work out how to "save settings" Ill be able to get a louder OP possibly

Edited by crazyman50000

My first post tongue.gif

Been reading this and I must say, Im impressed so far

I love my MZ-NH600 European, but for some reason, it seems to take 90seconds - 2 minutes to load an almost full Hi-MD into SS. Is this normal?

Anyway, if ANYONE can unlock MP3 playback somehow, help me fix that minor problem (playing is fine, it says 6 seconds on SS 3.2 but then just hangs before loading normally) OR even help me boost sound output (I might have a piss about myself, 600's are only £60 to buy, so it's not like Im arsed if mine breaks)

Edit :

Found this

Type in the code

Press up

Press up x 3

Press >> till "115"

Press V+ till last 2 digits are CC

Press group x 5

You should see "VolMax CC"

Maybe someone can work out how to "save settings" Ill be able to get a louder OP possibly

To save you should press the pause button, so it will apear a full MD on the corner of the screen, at least my NH600 does that when saving in service mode...

Anyway my unit doesn't get any louder by the 'Manual>113 A0' value...

It should have exactly the same volume up to and including step 25, then an unhacked shouldn't increase in volume when you go up through 26 to 30, if you don't have EQ on. That's how I have understood it. With a hacked Euro player the volume should increase in steps all the way to 30, but at for example step 23 the volume should be exactly the same as an unhacked player at step 23.

However, I have an unhacked European NH600 and the volume does increase all the way up to 30, sound set to "Normal" meaning no EQ. (I have understood it that when using EQ the volume will increase by compressing the sound) Since my player doesn't behave as I have expected I have put hacking it on hold, until I feel I understand how the volume should work on my player. Can anyone enlighten me?

ok. blink.gif i'm guilty of wanting to repair my Hi-MD myself, rather than sending to Sony... so i took the risk and am a victim of myself. i have the mz-nh900 and i downloaded the service manual. after following all the steps, i am now getting a msg that says 'ERROR EE'. i saw that a previous poster had the same problem, but no solution was presented at the time. is this fixable? or is this truly the end of the life of this hi-md recorder? thx

happy.gif

@redfootball...

I do not know whether a DIY solution even exists, or whether it would be a good idea to attempt it yourself tongue.gif as your previous attempt didn't work out that well, did it now wink.gif

so if it's still under warranty, you could always take it in for repairs and go: "well mister, I do not really know a lot of electronic machinery...but when I popped in a disc last night all I got was this (show the error) and I do know that it isn't supposed to say that... perhaps it didn't like the music on that disc? It was Mariah Carrey or something, so that could be it tongue.gif "

well, without the Mariah bit of course, but just play dumb and do not mention you went into service mode yourself... it could well be that they repair it under warranty

hope this helps,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bad news is:

I accendently erase the patch and my MZ-NHF800 was dead as a rock too.

I try a lot of adjusting... after hours of playing with those small buttons and the big dial (compare to my mz-r900 it's really big), it still show me noPach. Just before I want to give up, or when I decided to give up. I am at the deadly "NV 921 PatVer" menu. I press the pause key again and thinking whether I should use fedex or UPS to send it back.....While the small disk is running on the little screen, I think what the hack, then I just pull out the USB line.....At that moment, there is neither bettery nor AC. So, essentially, I remove all the power while the unit is trying to write something into somethere....

The good news is

My MD MYSTERIOUSLY REVIVED!!! Immediately after that!! I am able to play, My computer can see this little "Removable Disk" drive and read/write files on a 80min MD disk in hi-md mode... Currently my one and the only 1GB disk is not around me, so I can not test it. I do go back and check again, the "NV 921 PatVer" it stil showing me noPach..

Why don't you give it a try. and see if this work for you.

BTW, the major change I have down while playing with the service mode includes

NV 112, NV 113, NV924, and of cause NV921.

Good luck! and wish AOIX can give some good news back

Hi AOIX.

could you fix your problem with the error EE?

A friend has a NH900 with the same problem and we hope we can solve the problem as "short" described it.

Regards from Germany

RCJ

Welcome to MDCF, lolofon and johnnytsunami.

Please download the service manual for your respective units from the download section and follow the instruction as outlined within the service manuals.

Can i get the answer for this?Or i'm just asking to much?Thanks a lot. :wacko:

|||

Can somebody tell me in very simple way about tweaking MZ-N10 model?Can the tweak make it better than it is now(default)? :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

manuals

....cc

....cc

....cc

....cc

....A9

....CC

....CC

....1A

....DC