Ces: Any Hi-md Annoucement?

Rate this topic

orb_cz

I know sony had a press event at the CES last night, anyone know if they announced anything on Hi-MD or for that matter anyting related to new portable audio? I'm probably just hopeing in vain, but any info/rumors would be great.

Thanx in advance

just a small note at http://news.sel.sony.com/pressrelease/5484

LAS VEGAS (CES, Booth #N109), Jan. 5, 2005 - Offering yet another option for taking music off the PC and with you anywhere, Sony today announced the latest addition to its family of Network Walkman™ digital music players.[...]  Among them are flash media-based Network Walkman digital music players, NetMD™ Walkman® players, Hi-MD™ Walkman players and CD Walkman players.

maybe something later .. ces ends at jan.9 sleep.gif

I've talked to a close associate of Rachel Branch [who is presenting the portable audio @ CES] today on the phone and she has noted that it is unlikely to see any new models at CES. Note I say models. I have been hearing alot of chit-chat down the grapevine from my contacts about some other developments for Hi-MD that should be announced this month [i assume CES], but I'm starting to think that won't happen until Feb/March.

I've talked to a close associate of Rachel Branch [who is presenting the portable audio @ CES] today on the phone and she has noted that it is unlikely to see any new models at CES. Note I say models. I have been hearing alot of chit-chat down the grapevine from my contacts about some other developments for Hi-MD that should be announced this month [i assume CES], but I'm starting to think that won't happen until Feb/March.

any idea of what kind of developments?

any idea of what kind of developments?

Some facts:

- Current Hi-MD models have stickers on them which say "Hi-MD audio"

- Manuals state that the disc are playable in units marked with "Hi-MD audio" or "hi-MD"

- Sony has been approved to use MagicGate Type-R for Hi-MD when it comes to recording video content equipped with broadcast flag in dtv/hdtv. See http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/atta...OC-250532A1.pdf

Edited by Latexxx