Automatic Or Batch Titles?

Rate this topic

deafplayer

i recorded an hour and a half drumming yesterday, placing trackmarks along the way

i ended up with a lot of tracks, which i uploaded to sonicstage

and i was happy

then i accidently hit the "Length" column and sorted them all by song length

i then realized that having all the tracks named the exact same thing is an enormous pain in the ass

now the .oma files themselves are automatically numbered ("Untitled (58)" for example), but sonicstage does not give them track numbers or titles

is there any way to automatically name or number large numbers of tracks within sonicstage?

thanks

btw i got them back into the original order by sorting them by 'date recorded'... which is actually sorting them by the time they entered sonicstage

is there any way to automatically name or number large numbers of tracks within sonicstage?

No. The best way I've found is to take the time to title all tracks on the recorder itself [using the transfer window in SS] and -then- upload them.

Also, having the option in SS's prefs that allows it to rename files when you change their info is a generally good thing.

The issue is more with the HiMD's not automatically titling tracks.  How do you retrieve a non-existent title?

sonicstage puts numbers in the file names upon uploading to your computer... Untitled (58) Untitled (59) etc

assuming you upload in the same order you recorded them, the numbering would make sense

im used to using those kinds of titles anyway for recorded audio

that reminds me of another SonicStageism that pisses me off... music from different albums are not kept in different folders in Windows, they're all in one massive folder

its a little thing but its so annoying...

but yeah one would expect machines like the hi-md recorders to at least be able to number recorded tracks on their own

I'd like to see Sony create a SonicStage alternative or supplementary program for people who actually use minidiscs for the biggest thing they're good for: recording audio

SonicStage is just innapropriate for managing recorded audio, its a dumbed down music collection-manager with training wheels that doesn't seem to take recording into consideration at all

i can understand that they want to keep their music management software simple, especially since it has to deal with audioCDs, AtracCDs, flash players, minidiscs, your hard drive, and portable HD players and work smoothly for any kind of consumer (eg "im 50 and i want an mp3 player for jogging... what the hell is a context menu?") using any of those mediums....

but for the users who can handle more than four big round colourful buttons on the screen at a time, please Sony stop crippling your products

Edited by deafplayer

SonicStage is just innapropriate for managing recorded audio, its a dumbed down music collection-manager with training wheels that doesn't seem to take recording into consideration at all

i would edit my post to italicize music collection but i dont seem to be able to for some reason

and its 6:30 am... why am i awake italicizing things?