Hi-md Using Simple Burner - Pcm

Rate this topic

applicationform

Am I right in thinking that THIS thread says that you can record a CD using Simple Burner to PCM quality on my MZ-NH900.

I can't find the option to do this in my version of Simple Burner (2.0.03.16212). Apologies if I have got the wrong end of the stick.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Am I right in thinking that THIS thread says that you can record a CD using Simple Burner to PCM quality on my MZ-NH900.

I can't find the option to do this in my version of Simple Burner (2.0.03.16212).  Apologies if I have got the wrong end of the stick.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

You are correct, but I think it depends which version of Simpleburner 2 you have perhaps, I have version 2.0.04.18080 and does it provide the PCM option (and I use it incidentally).

You are correct, but I think it depends which version of Simpleburner 2 you have perhaps, I have version 2.0.04.18080 and does it provide the PCM option (and I use it incidentally).

Okay. Now I'm confused. I swear to goodness that my SB had the PCM option.. it's the same version as the first user posted, downloaded from this siite.

And it lacks the PCM option, now.

This would suggest that it was never there, which makes me wonder what I was thinking before, but whatever. Where did you get the newer version of SB from?

Okay.  Now I'm confused.  I swear to goodness that my SB had the PCM option..  it's the same version as the first user posted, downloaded from this siite.

And it lacks the PCM option, now.

This would suggest that it was never there, which makes me wonder what I was thinking before, but whatever.  Where did you get the newer version of SB from?

This is the version that came with my NH1, which came from Singapore. So it might be an Asia-Pacific thing perhaps.

I have spent the last 45 minutes combing Sony's various world websites, and so far I haven't been able to find a single download link for Simple Burner -anywhere-.

I'm rather disgusted by this. I did find an update to the Wave Conversion Tool, and even noted the Canadian update for SonicStage [which I don't need, since I'll never use Connect].

No Simple Burner, though.

I think I´ll continue in this thread, RichM wink.gif

do you have the ability to host this *new* version of simpleBurner for testing purpose?

@dex Otaku:

can you give me the link for the wav-converter-update? thx.

I think I´ll continue in this thread, RichM  wink.gif

do you have the ability to host this *new* version of simpleBurner for testing purpose?

@dex Otaku:

can you give me the link for the wav-converter-update? thx.

It was in the expected area of esupport.sony.com [the US site], and came up when I did a search for downloads for the HiMD players.

Interesting note:

The US site, which most of the other sites worldwide refer to for downloads [most notably the Canadian one, as I'm in Canada] did not list the NH700 as an existing model until very recently.

Now it's listed - but if you tell it to find downloads for the 700, it comes up with a blank list. Doing the same for the NHF800 gives the expected results with SonicStage, Wave Converter, &c.

Strange, but not so strange considering the 700 isn't a US model.

I had a rumage around on the Sony Asia Pacific website and I couldn't find Simpleburner 2. I only found the Connect free Sonicstage and the Wav Converter.

perhaps it's in the openMG secure mod rather than the SB version. i got my SB from minidisc.org v2.0.03.16212

OpenMG Secure Module v4.0.05.10290

i have no PCM option

The version of my OpenMG Secure Module is also 4.0.05.10290.

What we need to do is get the installer for the 18080 version off that asia-pac NH1 CD and setup a torrent or something. I can even host it for a while if needbe until a permanent link is found.

u beat me to the post! i was just going to suggest that

get a few mirrors up and let those with the older version (i.e. me included) hook ourselves up

u beat me to the post! i was just going to suggest that

get a few mirrors up and let those with the older version (i.e. me included) hook ourselves up

If somebody would like to PM me with somewhere to upload the archive of Simpleburner installation files then I can upload the zipped installation files, then that person could figure out a means of distribution. I have no means of hosting the file myself.

I can also email the archive to somebody. The archive is slightly under 2Mb.

Yep, worked here too. It said I had an older version of SimpleBurner, asked if I wanted to upgrade it, and then went ahead and did it. No problem at all. I'm listening to something in PCM right now...

Thanks!!

I've upgraded --but I still can't get any PCM options --any ideas thanks

Open MG ???

anyway Ideas --Thanks

Found the answer -- Upgrade to Sonic Stage 2.3 as well --now it works 100%

Thanks everybody.

-K

Edited by 1kyle

could someone email this to me at <andrew the number twenty at gmail.com>? (with no spaces, and the number twenty is really the number twenty, as in a two and a zero)

thanks a lot

lossless downloading.... awsome

or the URL for the installer, either way

is this on a Sony website? if so why not just post the link?

Edited by deafplayer