Radio Broadcast Recording Recommendations

Rate this topic

pmradio

Currently, we have a Sony MZ-R70 which has flaked out. I've been thinking of buying something for myself to have fun with an occasionally record some audio for radio broadcast (I'm an afternoon DJ). So, because it's coming out of my pocket, I'm looking cheap. Because of it's durability, I had considered picking up a used R50. Any thoughts?

I'd really like to keep the purchase under $100. If I need a better mic, I can use some from the station until I could afford one later. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Paul // pmradio

Currently, we have a Sony MZ-R70 which has flaked out.  I've been thinking of buying something for myself to have fun with an occasionally record some audio for radio broadcast (I'm an afternoon DJ).  So, because it's coming out of my pocket, I'm looking cheap.  Because of it's durability, I had considered picking up a used R50.  Any thoughts? 

I'd really like to keep the purchase under $100.  If I need a better mic, I can use some from the station until I could afford one later.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Paul // pmradio

What is the bandwidth of what you will be recording? If it is just voice then a digital voice recorder will work fine. Whatever you get, make sure it is a minimum of usb2.0 or you may get frustrated.

a freaking tank

Tank is good! smile.gif)

the old R37

Actually, I'm considering the R37 as well, again because of the build quality. I appreciate the tip!

what bandwidth

Well, most of it will be radio interviews, sounds, etc...occasionally, a concert. I like to have the freedom to do whatever I need. The USB is a good suggestion, but honestly, I'm used to having to dub realtime right now and the durability is more important right now. Thanks for the feedback, though. It's all appreciated!