Mp3 To Himd: Is There A Way To Keep The Id3 Tag/song Title Info?

Rate this topic

arb226

Hi,

I just got my HiMD portable recorder. Now, I have a ton of MP3's that I wanna convert to HiMD.

My question is, does there exist a method of transcoding my MP3's to HiMD but still retain the ID3 tag/track title name ?

I currently use Nero to make an image of an MP3 comilation, and then Alcohol 120% to mount the image, and transfer to HiMD with Simple Burner. But for obvious reasons, Simple Burner won't find my compilation's track naming info via CDDB, nor do I think you can enter it in manually.

Thanks!

Hi,

I just got my HiMD portable recorder. Now, I have a ton of MP3's that I wanna convert to HiMD.

My question is, does there exist a method of transcoding my MP3's to HiMD but still retain the ID3 tag/track title name ?

I currently use Nero to make an image of an MP3 comilation, and then Alcohol 120% to mount the image, and transfer to HiMD with Simple Burner. But for obvious reasons, Simple Burner won't find my compilation's track naming info via CDDB, nor do I think you can enter it in manually.

Thanks!

If you import the mp3s into SonicStage, it should get their tags correctly. It does make mistakes, though:

* tracks #s must not have preceding zeros

* track numbers must not use "trknumber/totaltracks" format [it must just be "1", not "1/14"]

* certain "invalid" id3v2 tags will not import; SS falls back to v1 at this point - but sometimes it just doesn't work, too.

* the best way to get SS to read tags is to make sure the tags are all valid, using a tag editor to refresh them all to follow the current "standard" for padding, etc.

Um, yeah.

If you import the mp3s into SonicStage, it should get their tags correctly.  It does make mistakes, though:

* tracks #s must not have preceding zeros

* track numbers must not use "trknumber/totaltracks" format [it must just be "1", not "1/14"]

* certain "invalid" id3v2 tags will not import; SS falls back to v1 at this point - but sometimes it just doesn't work, too. 

* the best way to get SS to read tags is to make sure the tags are all valid, using a tag editor to refresh them all to follow the current "standard" for padding, etc.

Um, yeah.

Any way to get mp3 titling/ID3 tags to work with Nero/Simple Burner?

Edited by arb226

I don't belive MD Simpleburner will work with freedb, only CDDB.

As far as CD-Text goes, SonicStage 2.x is capable of reading CD-Text Information straight off the CD. On my PC, this only works when using a physical CD in the CD drive, for some reason, the Nero Image Drive "virtual CD" program will not read the CD-Text info in SS.

In the old days, NetMD Simpleburner 1.0 shared the same database as SonicStage 1.5, and it was possible, using the program CD-TEXT Manager (google it) to export the CD-Text info for a certain disc to the SonicStage database.

However, that won't help you, since you're using a Hi-MD, and in anycase, it doesn't work with MD Simpleburner 2.

My advice is to try and use SonicStage 2.x, since it can support CD-Text, and also, according to the help file, MP3s with ID3tag Versions 1.1, 2.2, and 2.3.