Sony ATRAC Walkman Icons

Ishiyoshi

I will have them up shortly. :)

Thanks, Ishii.

BTW, I will have those AtracLife/MDCF-exclusive closeup shots (all-new ones at that!) of my new MDR-NC22 in action with my RM-MC40ELK and MZ-NH700 Hi-MD Walkman by the end of the week for you to present for your blog.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

When it says: "2) drop both icon and autorun.inf file into the device of your choice." - drop it in how exactly? Through 'my computer'?

Sorry if that's a stupid question, but I don't know if it's done without SS being open :blink:

Hi Juli,

Yes, or use copy and paste if that is what you are more familar with. Make sure both files are in the root directory. You may need to re-boot to see the icon appear.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tryed everything and I still doesn't work with my A806. Also tried with a PSP and it didn't work either. The reebot doesn't do the trick :( Might it be a problem with my windows? It doesn't work on my laptop or my desktop :S I follow all the rules. In the psp I just copy pasted and Even doing that it keeps showing "Removable Disc". I'm all up of ideas :(

I've tryed everything and I still doesn't work with my A806. Also tried with a PSP and it didn't work either. The reebot doesn't do the trick :( Might it be a problem with my windows? It doesn't work on my laptop or my desktop :S I follow all the rules. In the psp I just copy pasted and Even doing that it keeps showing "Removable Disc". I'm all up of ideas :(

I want to try it too but haven't yet, as I know I'll waste hours of my life trying to figure out why it didn't work! What's supposed to happen when you drop it in the device? Where does the icon attach itself? I think I'll try it later just to confirm neither of us can do it . . . :)

I want to try it too but haven't yet, as I know I'll waste hours of my life trying to figure out why it didn't work! What's supposed to happen when you drop it in the device? Where does the icon attach itself? I think I'll try it later just to confirm neither of us can do it . . . :)

Tkx! It's the second day I tried and it's the second time I gave up lol

The icon appears in "My Computer" or Windows Explorer. When you click on My Computer you can see a tree of all the items on your hard drive and devices attached to your computer. Icons appear on the left hand side that represent the item. The icon to the left of your local drive looks like a minature hard drive. Yellow file folders appear besise directories, etc.

If you have the icon and the autorun file on the root drive of your DAP then the icon will appear in My Computer when the device is hooked up to your computer.

The icon appears in "My Computer" or Windows Explorer. When you click on My Computer you can see a tree of all the items on your hard drive and devices attached to your computer. Icons appear on the left hand side that represent the item. The icon to the left of your local drive looks like a minature hard drive. Yellow file folders appear besise directories, etc.

If you have the icon and the autorun file on the root drive of your DAP then the icon will appear in My Computer when the device is hooked up to your computer.

I'm sorry but it doesn't :( See here if I missed something:

imagebt5.th.jpg

I'm sorry but it doesn't :( See here if I missed something:

imagebt5.th.jpg

You are correct, it does not. I can clearly see your DAP is connected but there is no icon. I can see the icon file and .inf files on the DAP root directory.

Did you edit the .inf file to reflect the name of the icon you want to appear?

Here's mine:

[autorun]

icon=A80xB.ico

label=Network Walkman NW-A806

Note the reference specifically to A80xB.ico, which is the black one. Also note I the text after the label=. You can call it whatever you want.

I think everything I've written above can be found on this board (perhaps not posted recently though). I first did this with my NW-407 a few years ago now. Maybe the instructions used to be included as a text file in the zip with the icons...

Yes i copy/pasted the name of the icon to the inf file has shown in the imagem. I tryed everything lol It's not essencial to show the icon.. I just wanted to see how it would look like. The strange is that the PSP gets a icon if it is registered in the PSP media manager but i can't do it manually. I think I'll ask someone to give me the files resulting of the PSP media manager registering, make the necessary changes and put on my walkman to see if it works. It's my last ideia lol

Yes i copy/pasted the name of the icon to the inf file has shown in the imagem. I tryed everything lol It's not essencial to show the icon.. I just wanted to see how it would look like. The strange is that the PSP gets a icon if it is registered in the PSP media manager but i can't do it manually. I think I'll ask someone to give me the files resulting of the PSP media manager registering, make the necessary changes and put on my walkman to see if it works. It's my last ideia lol

PM Ishiyoshi directly, mention you followed all the steps correctly (including re-booting) and see what advice he has.

Time of failure: 23.37. . . I have exactly the same information in my device as GusG. I copied and pasted the files over, and edited the .inf as instructed. But I have to admit I don't know what I'm looking for! Where should the icon appear? On the unit itself???

GusG - I got it to work finally but it seemed a bit long winded and deviated from the initial simple instructions! I edited the .inf file first - and then I saved it to the desktop. Then I dragged it over to the device along with the .ico file.

Then I rebooted and it showed up! I'd attach the screenshot but it's a Word doc and I can't make it anything else!

Try it again, if it finally worked for me, it must work for you too and the icon looks so cool

Edited by juli

I find this icon business a bit time consuming and 'Hit and Miss' also. On the face of it, it is a very simple thing to do. I've had my devices 'iconed' for some time now but they have all decided not to work again over the past few days for no apparent reason.

Did you try it exactly like I said? And did you reboot?

Yes, I used the inf file from the Zip, edited the name of the icon in it and saved it and then copied to the root of the player. I've tried creating my own inf file, with and without the label field, i'v tried creating with the option of type as notebook and as all files. Nothing works :S and i've tried in diferent Pcs too.. Everything lol