Macintosh File Transfers

Rate this topic

bogie

Good luck finding a way to make it work on mac

there are no or at least no known programs supported by mac

I don't know where sony gets their airhead programers probably no talent relatives to the executives.

I also don't know where they find their marketing people because Sony really does have a good thing going for them

-atrac 3+ format

-line in and mic recording

-HiMD disc technology

in their HiMD recoders.

though their best trump card is the line in/mic recording.

It's no coincidens that many of the people that would use line in/mic are also mac users (I mean macs are only renound and loved for production) and Sony marketers must be blind and retarded if they haven't noticed that.

I think sonys only reasoning is that their Vaio PCs are built to support the windows operating platfom

As a fellow mac lover I feel your pain I'm leaning complain letters in school maby I might just send a few to Sony Canada.

PS. I don't know anything about the recorder you bought but if it isn't a HiMD I'd return it if I was you. simply said the HiMD is great because it can transfer data(and music) both on and OFF the disc with a computer. If your recoder isn't HiMD I'd consider returningg it if I were you (check out the Sony MZ- NH700)

note: you can't load music onto a HiMD with a mac simply because there is no program supported by OSX but there is no issue transering data to the HiMD from a mac making the HiMD a nice USB mass storage device.

How about doing what everyone has been doing with MD for years? Copy your MDs to your computer via analogue connection.

Unless your sound adapter is absolute crap, the loss in doing so [carefully and properly] is pretty close to nil. I'm not fully aware of what the quality is like of most Macs' builtin sound, but I'd presume that Apple couldn't get away with cutting such a serious corner when so many of their customers rely on their equipment for these purposes.

It's unfortunate in the extreme that Sony do not support Mac as a platform [at all], however, until the advent of HiMD recordists who were PC users were in the same boat anyway.

How about doing what everyone has been doing with MD for years?  Copy your MDs to your computer via analogue connection. 

Unless your sound adapter is absolute crap, the loss in doing so [carefully and properly] is pretty close to nil.  I'm not fully aware of what the quality is like of most Macs' builtin sound, but I'd presume that Apple couldn't get away with cutting such a serious corner when so many of their customers rely on their equipment for these purposes.

It's unfortunate in the extreme that Sony do not support Mac as a platform [at all], however, until the advent of HiMD recordists who were PC users were in the same boat anyway.

crazy.gif

Yes, I agree the manual would help me alot. My other problem is i did not get a manual with my ebay purchase. I did borrow a HiMD from a friend the 800 version and the display also stuck on MD PC ohmy.gif However, I am doing my recordings analog and also a mixer by korg PXR4 that uses an sd card. Then i transfer it to my mac. I also transfer this to my creative speaker system if i want an analog copy. It is just easier to hook up my md and make sound recordings.