Ever Print Your Own Disc Labels?

Rate this topic

daremo

Have you ever tried to print your own minidisc labels?  

1. 1. Have you ever tried to print your own minidisc labels?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Never really cared.

After reading through the message board I decided to try and tackle the printed minidisc label issue. PowerPoint was the easiest choice.

I have attached the template file I used for printing onto the supplied Sony labels and some pictures to shoe the outcome.

Method for using the template is easy.

1. Print Slide 2 only on your printer making sure you know which side prints.

2. Tape the lable over the outline

3. Use Slide 1 to design your art work.

4. Reinsert the paper with the label taped (I recommend taping all 4 corners with alittle scotch tape)

5. Select Slide 1 only to print.....and Voila!

Hope this helps, any feedback would be appreciated. I am not as artistically inclined as some of the other folks but at least the labels are neat.

Minidisc.ppt

post-5291-1125365149_thumb.jpg

post-5291-1125365313_thumb.jpg

post-5291-1125365365_thumb.jpg

No, i dont print my own labels (for floppy, MD or an.other exchangeable media you might label).

No need really, not when (due to the scale of 'printing' i do) i can go out there and have DIY CD inserts/MD Labels etc printed to colour commercially cheaply enough to not make it worth the hassle of home printing tongue.gif

The outfit i use (who sell me spare capacity they have, i just don't get the finesses of 'to order, delivery by a chosen date' because of it, and hence get a price break to suit), have been producing commercial grade labelling for a long time and as long as i supply properly prepped (to commericial printing standards) material for them to use to work from, i get the results that add the extra bit of finesse to the end result of recorded MD/CD and a professional looking insert/label to boot tongue.gif

I dont take advantage of the extra step, the option to have printed card sleeves (to hold the individual MD cases in), but if demand gets better - i might just pay the extra and start getting those made too from same source tongue.gif

Sorry i aint revealing the source - they probably wouldn't appreciate being swamped by low-quantity users requesting what was effectively a 'mates rate' deal (the owner of the company, is a close old friend - someone i know from my full-time days in radio ironically enough).

• 6 months later...

i found it was easier to go out and buy those pictured stickers and cut them to size and add some rants in india ink.

the "kitty" ones were my favorive but didn't bring out the masculinity in me. bring on the star wars stickers!

Edited by rayzray

but; if you saw theblueraja's pics on them; you would be impressed (even though i think he puts them on upsidedown)lol.

you probably would want to try one or two; just for fun; and flaunt them in front of i-poders , as i do.

anything they hate more is a pretty disc flashed in their face.

Edited by rayzray

but; if you saw theblueraja's pics on them; you would be impressed (even though i think he puts them on upsidedown)lol.

you probably would want to try one or two; just for fun; and flaunt them in front of i-poders , as i do.

anything they hate more is a pretty disc flashed in their face.

I know that Blueraja has done a lot of hard work on them .I really appreciate his work .I ahve done this kind of work two or three years back with my cousin brother during our Summer vacations.But just after sticking the label on the cd(backside ) that cd never work ..So after spending two days on designing.labelingetcc Now i hate making labels .. :blink:

First, thanks for all the praise, Ray.

Second, I must admit in hindsight that I actually wish I never STARTED labeling. I recall someone saying on the T-board a long time ago (possibly in my thread) that he thinks MD discs look too cool to begin with to cover them up. I love the look of a blank MD before I add a sticker, I must say... I should have made labels for my slip cases, but I don't like that coz I like having the sleeves interchangable.

I think I also feel less juiced about the labels due to my DH10P, which has the artwork INSIDE the disc, on the screen :D At any rate, I'll still admit it's fun designing these, just like when I do CDR covers.

Edited by theblueraja

• sfbp locked this topic