«cannot Locate The Required Program. Exiting This Program!»

Rate this topic

StEaLtH

FINALLY. I solve this trouble.

I hope, i can describe all the steps, to describe the way, by wich i reached this.

==================================================================================

When my friend buy from me my Sony MZ-R501 - i was planning to buy new Hi-MD unit.

But it was some problems with soft? as described in posts of this forum. Then i

download for testing SonicStage v.2.2 from Connect site and install it on my home PC.

All works great. So, i can start looking for MZ-NH700. I was very glad with this unit. Cool ;-)

And, as your understanding, sometimes i was needed to transfer and organise my music on the work.

But trying to lunch SS - hang with message «Cannot locate the required program. Exiting this program!»

I also trying to instal SS from supplied CD - the same story.

In general, i have access to 3 personal computers with Windows OS.

=== First PC - my home PC. Sonic stage is stable - no problems.

Windows XP Professional edition with Service pack 1

Here is specs:

CPU - Penium IV - 2.8 Ghz

RAM - 1024 Mb DDR 400 Dual channel

VIDEO - Ati Radeo 9600 - Drivers - Catalyst v4.12

MOTHERBOARD - ASUS P800 Deluxe

=== Second Pc - my coworkers PC. Sonic stage is stable - no problems.

Windows XP Home edition with Service pack 1

Here is specs:

CPU - Penium III - 700 Mhz

RAM - 256 Mb

VIDEO - Nvidia GeForce 2GTS 32 MB (Nvidia drivers - 61.77_win2kxp_international.exe)

MOTHERBOARD - ASUS 400BX

=== Third Pc - my work PC. Sonic stage does not working - problems.

My PC at work - Windows XP Home edition with Service pack 1

CPU - Pentium IV - 1.5 Ghz

RAM - 256 Mb

VIDEO - Nvidia GeForce 2GTS Pro 32 MB (Nvidia drivers - 61.77_win2kxp_international.exe)

===================================================================================

1. I install (first installation on this machine, on third PC) SS_v2.2 from Connect. Rebooting the machine. Trying to lunch SS - hang with message «Cannot locate the required program. Exiting this program!»

2. Download and install MDAC_TYP.EXE. Rebooting the machine. Trying to lunch SS - hang with message «Cannot locate the required program. Exiting this program!»

3. Download an install patch WindowsXP-KB887811-x86-enu.exe . Trying to lunch SS - hang with message «Cannot locate the required program. Exiting this program!»

4. I uninstall all SONY an OpenMG applications, as described in FAQ and locally delete all linked directories and registry keys, also delete content of this dir C:\Windows\Temp.

5. Download and trying to install SS_v2.3. Installation starting - Checing integrity - OK. Extracting content - OK.message «The target software for this module

is not installed.»

6. I extract content (with help of WinRAR) of SS23ENG.exe to folder SS23ENG.

7. Installing SonicStage from this location - SS23ENG\SonicStage\Sonic\English\Setup.exe - installation complete, ok.

8. Installing AddOn from this location - SS23ENG\SonicStage\Addon\English\Setup.exe - installation complete, ok.

9. Installing OpenMG from this location - SS23ENG\Common\OpenMG_Setup\setup.exe - installation complete, ok.

10. Trying to lunch SS - Y-E-A-H-HH

So, i just discover this installation way, its good for me, maybe it will be nice for you too - but i need time to test all advantages an possible bugs.

BUT IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (without installing SP2)

To be continued................... tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif