First Official Confirmation Of SonicStage 3.0.

Christopher

Whilst scanning the big abyss of the net, I was able to find text confirmation of Sonicstage 3.0, in an unusual place - a product announcement for:

user posted image

NW-E505 S NEW

Features:

• 512MB Flash Memory MP3 Walkman

• ATRAC3plus and MP3 direct playback

• NW-E505: More than 20 CD’s in ATRAC3plus, 10 CD’s in MP3

• FM tuner

• Stylish, compact design

• Bright and clear 3-line Organic EL display for easy navigation

• Super light: weighs just 37 grams

• WMA / WAV compatibility

• Lithium-Ion rechargeable Battery: 50h continuous playback

• High speed charging: 3 minutes charging = 3H playback time

• Easy music management with Sonic Stage 3.0 Jukebox software

• Available in: Blue and Silver

More on this as it develops. Use this thread to discuss what you forsee could occur with the next revision of Sonicstage and any other speculation.

Whilst scanning the big abyss of the net, I was able to find text confirmation of Sonicstage 3.0, in an unusual place - a product announcement for:

NW-E505 S NEW

Features:

• FM tuner

More on this as it develops. Use this thread to discuss what you forsee could occur with the next revision of Sonicstage and any other speculation.

No SonicStage 2.4 or so. A totally new versionnumber. If the difference is as big as between SonicStage 1.5 and 2.0 I think I gonna like 3.0. Maybe they took a good look at iTunes?

well, I´m shure we´ll see a more stable version with enhanced features, more functionality and less bugs ..

maybe we´ll see an integrated wave-converter sleep.gif

pretty interessting is if the drm-system changed with the new units and if sonicStage 3.0 is as good as itunes ..

Maybe this is simple, but I'd like to see

a) playlist support

b)better syncing-- for example, if I update a track with album art in sonic stage, the next time I connect my player I'd like it to update the file on my player accordingly.

Hmmm can't really think of much else I'd want at the moment.

NW-E505 S NEW

Features:

• FM tuner

Ooh I'm seeing also an E503 and E507 listed... perhaps a 1GB version of the same unit? NICE biggrin.gif Sorry I'm more excited about this flash player than Sonic Stage 3, heh. But it makes sense that the new Hi-MD units will ship with 3.0 as I'm seeing April as the release date for this flash player as well...

Edited by kurisu

Thats what I'm expecting, so at the moment I'm not chucking my MP3s (I have some discs I MP3ed up when I had a Creative Jukebox, and to all the people that complain about SonicStage, you should have checked that software out!) just yet. Guess any new stuff I'll have to make duplicates of (there is a way to justify a new HDD to the better half).

Sadly I think converting from ATRAC t oMP3 would be impossible, at least through Sonicstage. You'll have to burn an Audio CD from SS with you music on it.

I hope that everything listed in this thread is included, because there are some excellent ideas, that I don't see why Sony (unless completley stupid) wouldn't want to add to their MD's to increase their market share of the music market!

Sometimes you have to make a loss in sales revenue to then make a gain in the market. If that makes any sense

using the last few updates would suggest that it'll be released randomly with no apparent pattern. almost as if sony wasn;'t paying too much attention.

if you are registered with mora[nw japan] or planetMG [same asia pacific] you'll get an email offering a download out of the blue.

Using past releases as the measuring stick; will the availability to download 3.0 happen the same day as the units are released or will the download be available before?

My guess is that the units will be bundled with Ss 3.0 as this flash player will be. I don't recall how long it took before 2.0 was available for download after it became available with Hi-MD, though.

I wonder if in this one you will be allowed to convert from ATRAC to MP3. I cant seem to do it in 2.3 (I have a sony MP3 system in the car). Be nice to see all the converted moulded into one.

Sorry for advertising my own software, but HIMDRenderer will do this. ANY .oma file that is playable on your PC via Sonicstage is convertable via HIMDRenderer. You can convert directly to .mp3, .ogg, .flac or .wav

I'm looking forward to a more useful SS. All the features people have mentioend are great (here and in "how to improve SS" elsewhere on the board), but I think to fully utilize things like playlisting (smart/dynamic playlists I presume), the portable players, esp. the HDD players and Vaio pocket need to work together with that. Unfortunately, that functionality isn't here on the HD3 (I think it is to an extend on the Vaio, however.) Upgrades to the player software would help.

A new design/interface and faster speed for large libraries would be awesome. I'm starting to feel a speed slowdown in viewing my library. Better searching would be nice... OK, I'll stop now. :-)

Guest tony wong

believe it or not : sooner or later they will take ss 3.0 away from this(I mean from the news/announcement article)

I guess they are only doing this by mistake laugh.gif

[EDIT]in red

Edited by tony wong

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Well i had the horrid misfortune of having to use SS 3.0 to program my gf's mp3 player last night (the one in the pic at top of this topic).. and OMG.. is this the worst piece of s/w i have ever seen... Well.. actually i sort of rememeber back to the days of Windows 3.1 and think i may have seen something worse... but that was quite sometime ago.

- i can't just drag folders of mp3's into it to

- i import a song and it seems to disappear

- cant find it searching by artist or almbum or even time it was imported

- eventually find it through a search of all tracks by keyword

I have my own mp3 player (thank god not a Sony) and when i plu it into USB it looks like a drive.. and i just drag/drop. Sony mp3 shows up as drive but can't drop mp3s to it.

Does anyone know of any other tool i can use to program Sony MP3 player other than SS?

peter.....

Try Sonic Stage 3.3, there are a few improvements,

Have fun

Bob

BTW, I,ve seen a lot of bad software since 3.1, and most of itis from m/soft, ss if far from the worst

Try SS or Simple Burner to download CD's, and upload your live shows and you will see it's strengths.

Welcome,

Bob